• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Are there any unofficial methods to connect online with Gen 5 games? I remember hearing about how the Mario Kart Wii community found a method.

Edit: For Trading and Battling with Gen 5 (or 4)

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I just caught a Pumpkaboo that was holding a Miracle Seed. Is it a Super Size Pumpkaboo?

Yesterday, my friend traded me a Shiny Helioptile and Eevee. He said they legitimately hatched Shiny, but that he cloned them using PowerSaves. I don't have a PowerSaves, so I don't know how it works. Are the Pokemon hacked?

Years
    Are there any unofficial methods to connect online with Gen 5 games? I remember hearing about how the Mario Kart Wii community found a method.

Certainly not an expert on this, but there don't seem to be any out there. Because you specifically asked for 'unofficial' methods, I assume you're aware of Pokemon Bank. It allows you to transfer Pokemon from older games to X and Y, but after a 30-day free trial, you need to pay a subscription fee of $4.99 annually. There's also an add-on, entirely free feature that can only be used in conjuction with the Bank called Poke Transporter, a utility tool designed to send generation V pokemon to Kalos. Keep in mind that once you send them over, you can't bring them back to their original game!

I just caught a Pumpkaboo that was holding a Miracle Seed. Is it a Super Size Pumpkaboo?

Yesterday, my friend traded me a Shiny Helioptile and Eevee. He said they legitimately hatched Shiny, but that he cloned them using PowerSaves. I don't have a PowerSaves, so I don't know how it works. Are the Pokemon hacked?

Yes, all extra-large Pumpkaboo hold a Miracle Seed; there's a 100% chance. Another way to determine the size of a wild Pumpkaboo is its cry - extra-large variants have a noticeably deeper one, easily heard if you turn the volume on your DS up. Hope that helps you find a coveted XL pumpkin, haha. :]

Any type of cloning is considered cheating, as it isn't a legitimate Pokemon and created artificially by an unofficial software. He might have been truthful that they were actual shinies originally, but what he traded to you are hacked Pokemon.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    My Miracle Seed Pumpkaboo has a lower cry than my other one that I caught in a Friend Safari. It was also pretty big when I encountered it in the wild. I think it is a Super Size Pumpkaboo!

I'll keep the Shiny Helioptile and Eevee in my box and just not do anything with them. I like their designs, but since they're hacked, they're for display only. I can get another Helioptile and Eevee, anyway.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Are there any consequences to letting my friend transfer over his pokemon using my Poke Transporter/Bank? Such as his cartridge permanently being associated with my account.

(Also if anyone does know a method to my previous question.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Just got up to Korrina i think her name is. The Gym leader with the Lucario twins.
    Kind of getting annoyed as 3 of my team are trades from level 1.
    Delphox lv.41 EV in Speed and SP.ATK
    Sceptile lv.43 SPD/ATK
    Milotic lv.39 Mix of HP/DEF/SP.DEF
    Gabite lv.43 ATK/SPD

Can't decide on the other two pokemon i want to use.
    Did a few wonder trades yesterday and someone actually gave me a Shiny Deerling.
    Nearly traded it back in when i noticed!
    What level does Deerling evolve again now?

Just got up to Korrina i think her name is. The Gym leader with the Lucario twins.
    Kind of getting annoyed as 3 of my team are trades from level 1.
    Delphox lv.41 EV in Speed and SP.ATK
    Sceptile lv.43 SPD/ATK
    Milotic lv.39 Mix of HP/DEF/SP.DEF
    Gabite lv.43 ATK/SPD

Can't decide on the other two pokemon i want to use.
    Did a few wonder trades yesterday and someone actually gave me a Shiny Deerling.
    Nearly traded it back in when i noticed!
    What level does Deerling evolve again now?

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Re posting question So, I have a problem, I had a game going a few months ago, but recently I restarted my game on Pokemon Y. Now the problem is that in my game, my friends that I got the friend codes of are not showing up, the data is still in my 3DS, but they just won't show up in game. Can I get my old friends back, or do I have to get all new ones?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Re posting question So, I have a problem, I had a game going a few months ago, but recently I restarted my game on Pokemon Y. Now the problem is that in my game, my friends that I got the friend codes of are not showing up, the data is still in my 3DS, but they just won't show up in game. Can I get my old friends back, or do I have to get all new ones?

Since the games use the 3DS friend codes, I would assume that something like that shouldn't happen. From what I remember, friends show up in the game after you've been online at the same time. Did you go online at all after you've restarted? If you happen to go online at the same time as a friend, then I think that's the time when he/she will show up in the PSS screen. Unless they've deleted your friend code, probably.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2014
    I was wondering can anyone direct me to the thread for trading? I clicked the link on the first post and it said it wasnt valid notify an admin I was wondering what post i should go to for looking for a trade for X and Y please.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

NikokingFanboy

Old-School Kanto Trainer
    Years
    This is probably has been asked but, on Gen Y/X can you get every pokemon? To be specific I'm looking for Nidoran(male) :b

Years
    This is probably has been asked but, on Gen Y/X can you get every pokemon? To be specific I'm looking for Nidoran(male) :b

Well, you can't really get every single Pokemon in-game. Some require the use of Pokemon Bank to transfer over from 5th Gen games. If you're wondering where to find Nidoran-M btw, it's found in horde encounters on Route 11.

NikokingFanboy

Old-School Kanto Trainer
    Years
    Ohh I see =) I have a Black Ver. will try that hehe

OH GUREITOH!!! Will give the 'Honey' some use :3

Btw, I found a Bagoon and he was at 1hp, with False Swipe, used a poke/great ball and couldn't catch him. He needs to be weakned by any 'status' like Sleeping or Paralized?

Years
    Btw, I found a Bagoon and he was at 1hp, with False Swipe, used a poke/great ball and couldn't catch him. He needs to be weakned by any 'status' like Sleeping or Paralized?

That's because Bagon has a catch rate that's too low to use a Poke Ball or (sometimes) Great Ball, but yes inflicting status conditions such as paralysis and sleep can help improve catch rate. It's often a recommended tactic when catching certain harder-to-catch Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    Is there a way to tell if a pokemon is cloned/hacked-whatever you want to call it? I recently purchased a few pokemon games off ebay and one has several lvl 100 pokemon and I'm wondering if they are legit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Is there a way to tell if a pokemon is cloned/hacked-whatever you want to call it? I recently purchased a few pokemon games off ebay and one has several lvl 100 pokemon and I'm wondering if they are legit.
    Lv.100 can easily be legit,. Heck, I have several, and another at Lv.99 (finishing that one later tonite I think). If you bought it off eBay then the game can be assumed to have been played, and they are likely legit.

There are ways to tell if a Pokémon has been hacked, so if you have any suspicions, I'd ask over in the Hack/Scam Report Mega Thread. I just debunked a trio of Pokémon there personally, in fact.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back