• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
Years
  • When and where does it rain? I want to evolve my Sliggoo but I can't find rain in the overworld. I saw rain in Route 14 sometimes and in various cities but now there is no rain to be found. Is there a set time when it appears? Also Rain Dance doesn't work..:/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When and where does it rain? I want to evolve my Sliggoo but I can't find rain in the overworld. I saw rain in Route 14 sometimes and in various cities but now there doesn't seem to rain. Is there a set time when it appears? Also Rain Dance doesn't work..:/

It has to rain in the overworld for Sliggoo to evolve. It rains in Routes 8, 14, 15, 16, 19 and 21, as well as in Amberette, Cyllage, Laverre, Couriway and Kiloude. That's only sometimes in all locations, so it's best to check all of these places to see if it rains.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    What does it mean if a Pokedex entry has a Pokeball icon on it instead of the pentagon symbol? Is there any way to change it once it's one way?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks I found it. Btw, is it guaranteed that it will rain in atleast one of those locations?
    I dunno; like I said before, it can't hurt to check all the places I listed.
    What does it mean if a Pokedex entry has a Pokeball icon on it instead of the pentagon symbol? Is there any way to change it once it's one way?
    I think it means that the Pokemon was first obtained when it was transferred via Poke Bank.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

It means the PKMN is not born in Kalos. :3
    And it also means that the PKMN doesn't have the blue pentagon on the summary screen.
    So it's from another region. If you want it to have a pentagon, you can breed it and once it hatches, the pokeball turns into a pentagon. That is, if they're not legendaries. If they are, then you can't breed them to have pentagons. <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    It means the PKMN is not born in Kalos. :3
    And it also means that the PKMN doesn't have the blue pentagon on the summary screen.
    So it's from another region. If you want it to have a pentagon, you can breed it and once it hatches, the pokeball turns into a pentagon. That is, if they're not legendaries. If they are, then you can't breed them to have pentagons. <3

Is it possible to change it to the Kalos mark by trading for another one?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Is it possible to change it to the Kalos mark by trading for another one?

uh...no. o.o
    a pkmn's origin won't change no matter how many times the poor guy's traded in the world of pixels and internet. =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Well I been finding out on post's I read so its not 100% correct. But the info on the charm says in wild. Hope it does effect it for all the work you do to get it.

It's in game information was changed in X and Y though which is leading others to believe that it may not allow for breeding.

Actually, the Japanese description is exactly the same in X and Y as it was in Black 2 and White 2. No mention of "in the wild". So I would say that this indicates that the Shiny Charm works in the same way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    My game crashed last night during a trade, it was just a simple trade to add each other to our friends list. It was with an acquaintance who I had a good battle with, but the crash has me confused, this is what happened:
    I offered a Drilbur
    She offered a HUGEPOWER Diggersby
    After we both selected to accept the trade it froze.
    I turn back on...
    My Drilbur is gone and I don't have a Diggersby!
    AND the girl isn't on my acquaintance list anymore!

What? Where did she go? Where is my Drilbur? In deep space?
    How do I find them? I still wish to add them.
    Anyone else had this issue?

Years
  • what's a good method for leveling up pokemon real quick?

I'm trying to level up the pokemon I have so that I can fill up my pokedex but since Audinos aren't as common as they were last gen It kind of makes things a little difficult so if anyone knows any good methods for leveling and evolving pokemon real quick (that don't involve rare candies or Action Replay codes ) please let me know. thx

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm trying to level up the pokemon I have so that I can fill up my pokedex but since Audinos aren't as common as they were last gen It kind of makes things a little difficult so if anyone knows any good methods for leveling and evolving pokemon real quick (that don't involve rare candies or Action Replay codes ) please let me know. thx

The best places to level in X/Y are the Battle Chateau and Restaurant Le Wow. Make sure to use the Exp. boosting O-Power, Exp.Share, and Lucky Egg.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • I'm trying to level up the pokemon I have so that I can fill up my pokedex but since Audinos aren't as common as they were last gen It kind of makes things a little difficult so if anyone knows any good methods for leveling and evolving pokemon real quick (that don't involve rare candies or Action Replay codes ) please let me know. thx

Try the restaurants in Lumiose City, particularly Restaurant Le Wow on Hibernal Avenue. You fight 5 trainers in a row, and all the pokémon there are found at level 63. One trainer even has an Audino. You also get a lot of money in the end, despite the cost. And also, I would recommend doing Rotation Battles there, as it allows you to fight the most pokémon (15 total), and you only need 1 pokémon that is strong enough to beat all of the trainers. I use my level 80 Gengar in front, and 2 weak pokémon I want to level up on the side. Don't forget to use Exp Share if you want to train your party as well. The Lucky Egg is also a helpful item.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I don't mean the individual Pokemon's mark, I mean the Pokeball icon in the Pokedex.

Which pokemon is it showing up on? I've only seen it on the legendaries (as all the other non Kalos Pokemon I got were bred in Kalos) and if so, there's no way to get that mark to go away until a Kalos version of that legendary comes into existence. If it's a breedable kind of pokemon however, then try breeding one and see if the mark goes away in the pokedex. I am going to GUESS that is should but I don't know for sure.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't mean the individual Pokemon's mark, I mean the Pokeball icon in the Pokedex.

If you are trying to get the Hexagon mark on your Pokemon, the only way to get that is to breed it. Pokemon with no hexagons are those transferred from Gen 5 games and before.

Not quite sure what else you mean if its not this. But trading will not add the hexagon to the Pokemon. If the Pokemon doesn't have the hexagon it never will. You have to breed that Pokemon with another or Ditto to have a baby with the hexagon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Which pokemon is it showing up on? I've only seen it on the legendaries (as all the other non Kalos Pokemon I got were bred in Kalos) and if so, there's no way to get that mark to go away until a Kalos version of that legendary comes into existence. If it's a breedable kind of pokemon however, then try breeding one and see if the mark goes away in the pokedex. I am going to GUESS that is should but I don't know for sure.

It's on Vibrava, of all things. And the name is in Japanese so that makes sense if it's from someone who used Pokebank. Just looks odd having that symbol on a Pokemon that can be obtained in-game. I'm weird that way. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Nicknames.

So I traded for a Cyndaquil nicknamed Typhlosion. If I send it back to the person who traded it to me and they nicknamed it Cyndaquil again... Would it still be named Cyndaquil when it is actually evolved into Typhlosion?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    What do you do if you finally corner your legendary bird Pokemon in the sea spirit's den, but land up accidentally killing it, or in my case have to kill it since there seems to be some sort of phenomena where if you use the wrong Poke balls too many times they don't seem to be able to be caught. What do I do, cuz it seems it's totally gone!?!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What do you do if you finally corner your legendary bird Pokemon in the sea spirit's den, but land up accidentally killing it, or in my case have to kill it since there seems to be some sort of phenomena where if you use the wrong Poke balls too many times they don't seem to be able to be caught. What do I do, cuz it seems it's totally gone!?!

This is why you save before engaging legendaries. But something you can try is to beat the Elite 4 and Champion again, then go back to the Sea Spirit's Den. In past gens, you could suppossedly do that and the legendary would respawn. IDK if its the same this gen, but you might as well try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back