• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    PokeBank Question

So I know this hasn't released everywhere yet but I had a question about it so I know whether or not to get it when it comes out for the US. My question is, would you be able to store pokemon from x and y into it, then start up a new game on x and y, and transfer your pokemon from your old x/y save to your new one? Or when you make a new game on x and y do you lose your pokebank pokemon. Also does anyone have an idea on when pokebank will be released to US?

Thanks

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I can't confirm it, but I'm pretty certain you can. One of the points of the bank is so that you don't lose your good Pokemon between games, so it would seem to defeat the purpose if you couldn't bring them into a new game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    Maybe, you should be able to reset your game and still have the pokemon stored, then you can trade then to new play through game.
    As for the release date, Eshop has not released it yet (says " Release Date:TBD", and I haven't seen the date on any sources from a quick check

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    I have one. My FC is on my Sig. Let me know when you add me.

Mine might have a higher vol if that's ok with you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    You keep them of course, that's the point.

Well the point is to be able to get pokemon from previous games and have an enlarged storage space for pokemon on x and y, but I mean to say if I were to beat pokemon y, and store all my pokemon in the pokebank, then restart my game so I get to playthrough it again, would I still have those pokemon in my pokebank, or would my pokebank reset along with my game

Maybe, you should be able to reset your game and still have the pokemon stored, then you can trade then to new play through game.
    As for the release date, Eshop has not released it yet (says " Release Date:TBD", and I haven't seen the date on any sources from a quick check

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the Pokebank is tied to your NNID, and that it can store pokemon from multiple games, so... I'm PRETTY sure you can restart.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Well, the storage will be online so I don't think it could be deleted with every new game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Can Anyone Record Some Battles For Me???

I understand the hard work you put into towards making your ultimate team, but it seems that no matter how hard I try, I cannot convince my mom (my dad is now dead) to allow me to buy with my own money a 3DS or 2DS, Pokemon X, Y, or Z (When it comes out).

It's very frustrating. She says "Your 21... grow up."

Dude, I'm a pokemon fan. Sure, I live at home... no choice. I got not enough money to live on my own, and jobs are virtually non-existant...

I've been a fan since the beginning, and with X and Y, it's just got better.

But all I can do is watch people post videos of battles on Youtube.

The problem is... they rarely, if ever, post battles containing my favorite pokemon.

I'll run down through the entire list (Seen Refers to Wifi Battles on your Side, not Wild Battles or Maison/ect Battles, or Sped Up Battles, for that matter.)

Ninetales (Seen)
    Arcanine (Seen)
    Rapidash
    Rhydon
    Dragonite (Seen) OU*
    Bayleef
    Meganium
    Quilava
    Furret
    Ampharos (Seen)
    Girafarig
    Houndoom (Seen)
    Stantler
    Suicune
    Lugia (Seen)
    Mightyena
    Delcatty
    Larion
    Aggron (Seen)
    Manectric (Seen)
    Wailord (Seen)
    Camerupt
    Flygon (Seen)
    Armaldo
    Milotic (Seen)
    Tropius
    Absol (Seen)
    Salamence (Seen)
    Latias
    Rampardos
    Gabite
    Leafeon
    Glaceon
    Dialga
    Giratina (Seen)
    Shaymin [SkyForme]
    Arceus (Seen)
    Samurott (Seen)
    Zebstrika
    Swasbuck
    Verizion
    Keldeo
    GoGoat (Seen)
    Furfrou
    Aurorus (Seen)
    Xerneas (Seen)

If you ever happen to come accross a chance to transfer a B/W pokemon from the above to your X/Y and record a couple of wifi battles with them at Normal speed, I would be happy.

By the way, I don't have any friends who play this game, and don't think I can make any on here. I've been offline for a while just following the new joiners seeing how they fair, and very few make it towards a lot of friends, being noticed, and even popularity (which, I am not after, but, it has it's benefits and perks, including people doing things for you)

By the way, the closest X/Y community/Gathering district/Trading shop/ect is over 100-150 miles away...

I wish I could move away, but I can't, it's impossible...

Even the market here doesn't sell pokemon cards...

The closest Walmart Grocery Outlet is 50 miles away :/... it doesn't sell games. All other outlets are further by 25 miles or more. The closest outlet that sells games is over 100 miles away.

I can order the X/Y Game Online... But that's just it... mom won't do that.

And I don't have a credit card...

A Gift Card won't work either... mom controls all my money, so where am I to get that money... and how am I to get the gift card?

The closest Gift Card Shop is in Walmart. The Marketplace never sold them

Walk? 50 Miles? In the Cold? I'd catch Hypothermia First XD

My friends don't drive a car, and I don't either.

And My Family is spread out in the country, so it's impossible to rely upon them... they are very very far away.

Other Options?

Well, I was hoping an emulator would be out by now, but there are more people wanting to be theives than actually creating an Actual Emulator for other people...

I understand that that takes time, effort, and teamwork that most people don't have... and one probably won't be out for the next 5 years or so... which is a pity, because pokemon X/Y/Z wifi battle will have gone the way of the dinosaurs by then... (People won't be doing it)

I could possibly wait until videos of those pokemon show up naturally, but how long will that take? a month? a year? Two years? Three years?

And What's worse... people think Recording is actually holding up a cell phone at a distance without even thinking about quality and/or stability and capturing they're gameplay.

At least try to capture appropriately.

tips:
    Hold your camera between your legs while sitting to reduce shaking and maximize stability
    Hold your camera closer to the screen to increase quality... the camera does have a focus
    Position your camera and DS correctly so the camera can capture the entire screen and nothing more
    During wifi battles, do not capture the bottom screen. Switching back and forth from top to bottom while following the steps above may prove to be difficult... unless you know how change the angles of your DS
    Do Not Capture Both Screens At Once. Doing so will require the camera to be far away and thus reducing quality.
    Adjust quality settings and fps settings in your camera options in the menu of your tablet/phone if it has any.
    OR
    Use a gaming capture software alternatively. You can buy these at your local gaming store or online.

That's pretty much the tips for recording with a camera. If you have any questions, do not contact me regarding camera issues, camera set-up, or anything that has to do with recording with a camera.

But you may contact me if you have any questions regarding the pokemon I mentioned above.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
    What do you guys think of this Electivire build?

@Expert Belt
    Vital Spirit
    Any neutral nature

Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Cross Chop/Flamethrower

I still need a little help choosing EVs. Im gonna max out Attack, and to put some into Speed and Sp. Atk. Then I want to pour the rest into one of the defenses or HP. Any suggestions (on anything)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What do you guys think of this Electivire build?

@Expert Belt
    Vital Spirit
    Any neutral nature

Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Cross Chop/Flamethrower

I still need a little help choosing EVs. Im gonna max out Attack, and to put some into Speed and Sp. Atk. Then I want to pour the rest into one of the defenses or HP. Any suggestions (on anything)?

First of all, don't bother with defensive EVs. It's best to concentrate EVs in just two or three stats, and Electivire isn't particularly great defensively. Maxing out Attack is a good idea, and some Special Attack could be useful. Make sure you put most of the remaining EVs into Speed after maximising Attack though, since you shouldn't be using its Special Attack too much.

Secondly the moveset: I'd recommend replacing Thunderbolt/Thunder with Wild Charge to make use of that great Attack, and use Flamethrower instead of Cross Chop as it has better coverage. Although you could go for Cross Chop and ignore Special Attack EVs altogether.

Finally, a neutral Nature is never a good idea. If you're scrapping the special moves completely, you should choose Jolly or Adamant, otherwise go for Naive or Hasty.

EDIT: Oh, also Motor Drive is better than Vital Spirit, as it allows you to switch into Electric-type moves (remember Thunder Wave counts too) for a nice Speed boost.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    First of all, don't bother with defensive EVs. It's best to concentrate EVs in just two or three stats, and Electivire isn't particularly great defensively. Maxing out Attack is a good idea, and some Special Attack could be useful. Make sure you put most of the remaining EVs into Speed after maximising Attack though, since you shouldn't be using its Special Attack too much.

Secondly the moveset: I'd recommend replacing Thunderbolt/Thunder with Wild Charge to make use of that great Attack, and use Flamethrower instead of Cross Chop as it has better coverage. Although you could go for Cross Chop and ignore Special Attack EVs altogether.

Finally, a neutral Nature is never a good idea. If you're scrapping the special moves completely, you should choose Jolly or Adamant, otherwise go for Naive or Hasty.

EDIT: Oh, also Motor Drive is better than Vital Spirit, as it allows you to switch into Electric-type moves (remember Thunder Wave counts too) for a nice Speed boost.
    Here's a tl;dr version on what berlyda said:
    -Wild Charge
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 248 Atk/36 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Motor Drive

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    But all I can do is watch people post videos of battles on Youtube.

The problem is... they rarely, if ever, post battles containing my favorite pokemon.

Unfortunately the 3DS doesn't have a video out

So unless you're someone who shelled out $600 for a custom modded 3DS with a video out, Posting to Youtube is not an option for most of us and isn't a good investment unless we had an established Youtube Channel that people would watch to justify the expense.

However we do have Vs Recorders. but that's so you can View the battles from within-game of other's battles :D!

Anyone with Vs. Recorder:

FEAR THE POWER THAT IS A +4 STAGE DRASTICALLY RAISED "godkiller" Xerneas Geomancy, thanks to Xatu. also awesome Xatu Magic Bounce H4x xD!

CAPIBLE OF ONE-SHOTTING EVERYTHING EVEN IRON DEFENSE DEFENSIVE DEOXYS XD!!! XD!!! XD!!!
    ESNW-WWWW-WWW4-VDKX

and against normal pokemon.. it's a slaughter house :|
    9NSW-WWWW-WWW4-VD9Z

Last edited:

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years

Here's a tl;dr version on what berlyda said:
    -Wild Charge
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 248 Atk/36 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Motor Drive

Thanks for the replies. I don't have anyone with a Hasty Nature to breed with, so you think a Lonely or Hasty nature would work?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    How are there people getting hacked pokemon in x and y? i thought gamefreak/nintendo made sure to block out cheating, and action replays havent been able to get cheats working for them either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back