• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think the Stone emporeum in Lumoise sells them. You can find some in battles as well. You can also get some from the Super Training. Only other way is to win one randomly in the Pokemile attraction on the Pokemon Global Link.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Further to my Rotom building, I thought a good idea might be to put hidden powers on them as they have a fairly limited movepool and the hidden power might coincidentally line up with covering one of their weakness (So I have 5 Rotoms and whatever one had a Grass type hidden power would become Heat Rotom or whatever) however the big flaw in this seems to be becoming apparent. All my Rotoms have 5 IVs and 31 with their Attack being the random stat. Well so far every single time I figure out their stats, all the online calculators say the uneven Attack IVs I'm getting result in a Dark type Hidden Power and the even Attack IVs result in a Dragon type hidden power, so am I just really unlucky, or once you get 5 IVs at 31, does the remaining stat only give you one of two types based one what stat it is? So no matter what that Attack is, from 0 - 31, will it ALWAYS result in a Dark or Dragon type, or am I just insanely unlucky? Thanks!

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Is there a way to reset EVs in this game? I imagine Super Training would offer this option, but I don't know...

#1 best way is to get the Blank White Reset Bag.. Have any pokemon punch the empty bag until one randomly spawns. Reset back will reset all EVs to 0.

Berries are only useful for if you want to reduce EVs instantly down to 100 after 1, or lower by increments of 10 when under 100.

Here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=317758 check out my thread on fast (under 5-15 minutes) EV training.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    The Stone shop in Luminose doesn't sell Thunderstones, only Fire, Water and Leaf.

So your only options are Balloon Popping on PGL or Super Training. I know because it took me forever to get my own Thunderstone.

Years
  • Actually the more you progress in-game, a Thunderstone will be vendible. Also I found a ThunderStone on Route 10 in a pokeball. Thank you both for the help!

Bubonic

Amateur Poke Trainer
    Years
  • Hey guys. So I've been breeding a male and female Abra with destiny knot and everstone. Both of their stats are the exact same. They both have 5 perfect IV's in Hp, Atk, SpA, SpD, and Spd. They both have outstanding potential. I've been trying to luck out on having a baby with 6 perfect IV's from them. I've hatched around 125 eggs if not more and still haven't had any luck. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get that last defense stat perfect?

On a side note, if I soft reset after hatching my eggs, will the re-hatched eggs have different IV's? I'm really sick and tired of making babies. All in all, I've hatched over 500 Abra's!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey guys. So I've been breeding a male and female Abra with destiny knot and everstone. Both of their stats are the exact same. They both have 5 perfect IV's in Hp, Atk, SpA, SpD, and Spd. They both have outstanding potential. I've been trying to luck out on having a baby with 6 perfect IV's from them. I've hatched around 125 eggs if not more and still haven't had any luck. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get that last defense stat perfect?

On a side note, if I soft reset after hatching my eggs, will the re-hatched eggs have different IV's? I'm really sick and tired of making babies. All in all, I've hatched over 500 Abra's!

Remember that the IVs, gender and nature are set when you take the egg.
    Have you tried giving one of the parents a Destiny Knot? This really helps with getting the IVs you need.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hey guys. So I've been breeding a male and female Abra with destiny knot and everstone. Both of their stats are the exact same. They both have 5 perfect IV's in Hp, Atk, SpA, SpD, and Spd. They both have outstanding potential. I've been trying to luck out on having a baby with 6 perfect IV's from them. I've hatched around 125 eggs if not more and still haven't had any luck. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get that last defense stat perfect?

It's probably because both parent lack a perfect Defense IV, so its not likely that a baby Abra will have perfect defense IVs.

But there's really no reason to have an Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam with perfect Defense IVs. It's Defense is so crappy that 31 Defense IVs won't do much for it. The important ones are Sp.Attack, Speed, Sp.Defense, and HP for the Abra line.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hey guys. So I've been breeding a male and female Abra with destiny knot and everstone. Both of their stats are the exact same. They both have 5 perfect IV's in Hp, Atk, SpA, SpD, and Spd. They both have outstanding potential. I've been trying to luck out on having a baby with 6 perfect IV's from them. I've hatched around 125 eggs if not more and still haven't had any luck. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get that last defense stat perfect?

Keep in mind the Destiny Knot only guarantees 5 IVs, so the 6th stat will always be random. Couple that with both lacking Defense that any time the Destiny Knot chooses the Def stat, it will always be the imperfect one from the parent, and if the defense stat is chosen, that means one of the stats you DO want will be random

Bubonic

Amateur Poke Trainer
    Years
  • I did the same thing with my Froakie. It had two parents who both had the same 5 perfect IV's and they produced a baby with 6 perfect IV's. Was I just extremely lucky? How do people normally go about breeding for 6 perfect IV's? My logic told me that if I used destiny knot when both parents have 5 perfect IV's of the same stat, then they would always have those 5 majority of the time and MAYBE get the 31 in the last stat. I figured that I would wan't to make sure Abra had 31 for defense so it would resist physical damage more.
    It's probably because both parent lack a perfect Defense IV, so its not likely that a baby Abra will have perfect defense IVs.

But there's really no reason to have an Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam with perfect Defense IVs. It's Defense is so crappy that 31 Defense IVs won't do much for it. The important ones are Sp.Attack, Speed, Sp.Defense, and HP for the Abra line.

Yes I understand that but I figured having 5 perfects in the same stats for both parents would increase my chance of lucking up on getting a random perfect defense stat for the last remaining imperfect stat. Also their defense isn't garbage its somewhere over 20+ considering both parents have outstanding potential.
    Keep in mind the Destiny Knot only guarantees 5 IVs, so the 6th stat will always be random. Couple that with both lacking Defense that any time the Destiny Knot chooses the Def stat, it will always be the imperfect one from the parent, and if the defense stat is chosen, that means one of the stats you DO want will be random

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    No, I meant that Alakazam's base Defense is so terrible that 31 Defense IVs won't really help it.

As for your Froakie, you just got really lucky. Normally when people breed for 6 perfect IVs, the parents are not missing the same perfect IV.

Bubonic

Amateur Poke Trainer
    Years
  • How do I have the same perfect IV in defense without sacrificing another stat on one of the parents? It would still leave one of them without a perfect stat in something else including defense stat on the other parent. Are you saying I need to trade for a perfect 6 IV pokemon to use for the breeding? I sort of wan't to give up on trying to breed the Abra's since I already have 5 prefect stats but I strive for perfection. I have one more set of babies I'm going to hatch and then I give up.
    As for your Froakie, you just got really lucky. Normally when people breed for 6 perfect IVs, the parents are not missing the same perfect IV.

Years
  • Is there any way to get more Everstones?

Wild Geodude, Graveler and Roggenrola can carry Everstones 50% of the time. Make sure you have something that knows Thief if you want to steal the items, and having a Compound Eyes user (such as Butterfree or Vivillon) as your lead helps increase the chance of finding the held items.

Edit: Greninja'd, but at least you got an answer now.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Wild Geodude, Graveler and Roggenrola can carry Everstones 5% of the time. Make sure you have something that knows Thief if you want to steal the items, and having a Compound Eyes user (such as Butterfree or Vivillon) as your lead helps increase the chance of finding the held items.

Edit: Greninja'd, but at least you got an answer now.

Correction: those Pokemon carry Everstones 50% of the time, making them relatively easy to find.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Further to my Rotom building, I thought a good idea might be to put hidden powers on them as they have a fairly limited movepool and the hidden power might coincidentally line up with covering one of their weakness (So I have 5 Rotoms and whatever one had a Grass type hidden power would become Heat Rotom or whatever) however the big flaw in this seems to be becoming apparent. All my Rotoms have 5 IVs and 31 with their Attack being the random stat. Well so far every single time I figure out their stats, all the online calculators say the uneven Attack IVs I'm getting result in a Dark type Hidden Power and the even Attack IVs result in a Dragon type hidden power, so am I just really unlucky, or once you get 5 IVs at 31, does the remaining stat only give you one of two types based one what stat it is? So no matter what that Attack is, from 0 - 31, will it ALWAYS result in a Dark or Dragon type, or am I just insanely unlucky? Thanks!

Each stat contributes a certain fixed number of "points" towards the Hidden Power type, but only if the IV is odd. If you have 5 IVs at 31, then each of those stats is going to contribute its "points" towards the total. Therefore the Hidden Power type can only have a maximum of two possibilities, depending on what the final stat is and whether its IV is even or odd. So yes, for Attack this means it will always be Dark or Dragon. In particular, it will be Dark if the Attack IV is odd and Dragon if it is even.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2014
    Poké-amie curiosity

DON'T REPLY! I PUT THIS ON THE WRONG PAGE!

Hello there. I'm a new member to this community, but that doesn't really matter right now. This is kind of an odd question, but do certain Pokémon..."miss you" if you don't play for a certain amount of time? I ask this because something weird (at least I think so) has been happening in my X game. Well, it started when I got an Eevee near the beginning of the game and eventually it ended up (accidently) evolving into an Espeon. A few more days passed and I was able to finish raising the affection to its highest level. I am aware that high-affection Pokémon will sometimes greet you differently when you start "Poké-amie" up. I've noticed that if I haven't played for a day or more and go on again, said Espeon will appear with a sad look and its cry will be sad as well before going back to normal. It was caught with a luxury ball as were a few others, so I tested it out on them. It's only the Espeon that does this. Has this happened with anyone else on here? I'm sure that this is a common game mechanic, but it doesn't hurt to ask I suppose...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back