• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Which Pokemon are numbers 141, 142, and 143 in the Coastal Kalos dex?

Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss in that order. Fish Clamperl up in Route 12 with the Good Rod if you want one. Huntail or Gorebyss can be fished up with the Super Rod in the same place, but they're rare (the one you get depends on the version; Huntail for X and Gorebyss for Y).

Reactions: Nah

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • <p>
    Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss in that order. Fish Clamperl up in Route 12 with the Good Rod if you want one. Huntail or Gorebyss can be fished up with the Super Rod in the same place, but they're rare (the one you get depends on the version; Huntail for X and Gorebyss for Y).
    </p><p> </p><p>there is ofcourse the option to trade clamperl holding deep sea tooth / scale to evolve it</p>

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Don't know if i'm a little late to answer this question. But about 3 months ago I was in your same position. I sometimes got tired and sometimes I got desperate because between so many pikachu's none had the light ball. It took me like four tries each i made like 30-50 tries and then i just got tired and started doing something else to refresh myself. Yes Pikachu has a 5% chance of carrying the light ball. So what I did was I chaught the first pikachu I saw and took advantage of it's static ability. Normally a Pikachu will appear in 1 out of 10 pokemon encounters or so. Static made that like 6 out of 10. Compound eyes increases your chances of finding rare items but pikachu will appear less frequently. I have a Zoroark with Thief and so i switch it out every time I found one. Last time it took me like 40 tries in a row. When I killed that last pikachu with thief and the message said your zoroark took the wild pikachu's light ball I just felt like i just finished giving birth oh my god the releave and joy was intense. After that I went to breed pikachu with light ball and got myself a Volt Tackle Pichu. Today it's in it's final form at level 50 stored in one of the PC boxes :P.

The key is perseverance.

Well what I have been doing is using an Electrode as my party leader that knows Thief and every time I encounter a Pikachu (which is like every encounter with Static ability) I use Thief and it makes it faint. So far though, none of them have been holding the Light Ball so what I'm going to do is do a Friend Safari with Pikachu and Compuned Eyes and I think it should work. Thank you every one for all your help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The game has been out for 5 months now, is there seriously no guide on the internet anywhere that tells you how to tell the size of Gourgeist apart effectively? The best I have been able to find is "Their cries are different" or "Check the pokedex" or a list of base stats but nothing actually specific or concrete.

I (so far) have only gotten TWO sizes of gorgeist so I don't have all 4 sizes to compare to, but on their summary screen it shows the two I have as noticeably different, so all anyone would have to do is post the sizes of gorgeist on the summary screen so we can compare ours to the background icon to see what size we have. Am I just completely blind or has no one posted such an easily identifiable size comparison?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • The game has been out for 5 months now, is there seriously no guide on the internet anywhere that tells you how to tell the size of Gourgeist apart effectively? The best I have been able to find is "Their cries are different" or "Check the pokedex" or a list of base stats but nothing actually specific or concrete.

I (so far) have only gotten TWO sizes of gorgeist so I don't have all 4 sizes to compare to, but on their summary screen it shows the two I have as noticeably different, so all anyone would have to do is post the sizes of gorgeist on the summary screen so we can compare ours to the background icon to see what size we have. Am I just completely blind or has no one posted such an easily identifiable size comparison?

If you're hunting for Super-Size you will recognize its cry easily. It's vastly different from the others. Also, Pumpkaboo from the Friend Safari can only be medium. To identify the smaller sizes, I just compared how high their sprite animation reached in their status profile - caculating their stats might be easier for you. :c

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If you're hunting for Super-Size you will recognize its cry easily. It's vastly different from the others. Also, Pumpkaboo from the Friend Safari can only be medium. To identify the smaller sizes, I just compared how high their sprite animation reached in their status profile - caculating their stats might be easier for you. :c

I'm not hunting them, I'm getting them in trade and have no idea which is which since I have only two sizes to compare them to. And again the cry doesn't actually help since I don't have multiples to compare them to, I have 2 and I have no idea what I need to be listening for to differentiate between the two I have.

I have no idea if I have a super size, medium, regular or small since, again, I have 2, what I think might be a small and super size might actually be a regular and medium sized one, I have no way of knowing unless there is something tangible to compare them to. (Such as status screen comparisons, each one is a different size in comparison to the Pokeball symbol behind it on the summary screen, because remember, I have Gourgeist, not Pumpkaboo (you can't get traded a pumpkaboo, they evolve during trade), so if someone would just take a picture of all four sizes in their summary screen everyone else could tell right away, rather than vagueness like its cry being different.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I'm not hunting them, I'm getting them in trade and have no idea which is which since I have only two sizes to compare them to. And again the cry doesn't actually help since I don't have multiples to compare them to, I have 2 and I have no idea what I need to be listening for to differentiate between the two I have.

I have no idea if I have a super size, medium, regular or small since, again, I have 2, what I think might be a small and super size might actually be a regular and medium sized one, I have no way of knowing unless there is something tangible to compare them to. (Such as status screen comparisons, each one is a different size in comparison to the Pokeball symbol behind it on the summary screen, because remember, I have Gourgeist, not Pumpkaboo (you can't get traded a pumpkaboo, they evolve during trade), so if someone would just take a picture of all four sizes in their summary screen everyone else could tell right away, rather than vagueness like its cry being different.)

The cry is the same for small, average and large, and noticeably different for super size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxnNvC3wno
    So you can easily tell if they are super size from this, but I don't know about distinguishing between small, average and large.

Years
  • The cry is the same for small, average and large, and noticeably different for super size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxnNvC3wno
    So you can easily tell if they are super size from this, but I don't know about distinguishing between small, average and large.

I think what Howmander is trying to say is how can he tell the Small, Average and Large Gourgeist apart. Obviously the Super Size ones have a deeper cry, but because he's receiving them through trades he's not sure what size some of them are when viewed aesthetically.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I think what Howmander is trying to say is how can he tell the Small, Average and Large Gourgeist apart. Obviously the Super Size ones have a deeper cry, but because he's receiving them through trades he's not sure what size some of them are when viewed aesthetically.

He also said "I have 2 and I have no idea what I need to be listening for to differentiate between the two I have", so I was linking a YouTube video to help with that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What is a shiny pokemon and what does 5 IV mean?

I see it alot in the trade forums.

Since Gen 2, all Pokemon have a "Shiny" form, which is an alternate color scheme for the Pokemon. For example:

Regular Genesect:
    X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Shiny Genesect:
    X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

You'll know if something is shiny if it has a red star in its status screen and makes a sparkle effect when sent into battle (not all shinies have as obvious of an alternate coloring as Genesect here). Shiny Pokemon are rare and are considered highly valuable by the general community.

"5IV" means that the Pokemon has perfect IVs in 5 of its 6 stats. Explaination of what IVs are: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

The higher a Pokemon's IVs are, the better its stats are. Pokemon with lots of perfect IVs are desireable for competitive battling.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What is a shiny pokemon and what does 5 IV mean?

I see it alot in the trade forums.
    Shiny Pokemon by courtesy of Bulbapedia

IVs are hidden values of the stats that range from 0 to 31. Perfect IVs, ergo 31 IVs, means that at level 100 you will have 31 points more that particular stat. 5 IVs means that the Pokemon at question has five stats with a maximum IV.
    Why five? The new breeding mechanic in XY allows an egg to receive five stats from the parents when one of them holds the Destiny Knot instead of only 3.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    Where can I get the spped boost torchic with blazikenite on my Y? I want it so bad its
    Would be like a dream come true should i be able to acquire one!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Where can I get the spped boost torchic with blazikenite on my Y? I want it so bad its

Getting a Speed Boost Torchic isn't that hard; someone should be able to trade you one. Check out the Quick Trade subforum here on PC. Getting a Blazikenite is harder. Its an event-only mega stone, and the event has been over for a while now, so they're limited in number (unlike Speed Boost Torchics, which can be bred). You'll have to find someone who's willing to part with their Blazikenite, which isn't so likely.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    The event is finished, so you are best off in the Trade Corner. Some players stockpiled a few Blazikenites and because of PoweSav it is possible to clone these, too.

Years
  • Since Gen 2, all Pokemon have a "Shiny" form, which is an alternate color scheme for the Pokemon. For example:

Regular Genesect:

Shiny Genesect:

You'll know if something is shiny if it has a red star in its status screen and makes a sparkle effect when sent into battle (not all shinies have as obvious of an alternate coloring as Genesect here). Shiny Pokemon are rare and are considered highly valuable by the general community.

"5IV" means that the Pokemon has perfect IVs in 5 of its 6 stats. Explaination of what IVs are:

The higher a Pokemon's IVs are, the better its stats are. Pokemon with lots of perfect IVs are desireable for competitive battling.

Hmm, so basicly a shining pokemon is a colored pokemon, with a color different then the original?

I have found some of these pokemons, in i think Vivillon, Pichu, Burmy, and many colors of Flabébé.

And 5 IV's are only gotten thru breeding, with Destiny Knot, am i right?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hmm, so basicly a shining pokemon is a colored pokemon, with a color different then the original?

I have found some of these pokemons, in i think Vivillon, Pichu, Burmy, and many colors of Flabébé.

And 5 IV's are only gotten thru breeding, with Destiny Knot, am i right?

You can catch a Pokemon with 5IVs, but the chance of doing so is PSO-level abysmally low. So, yeah you can really only get 'em through breeding.

Btw, Vivillon, Burmy, and Flabebe all have mulitple color schemes that are not shiny forms. To see if they are shiny, look for a red star in their status screens and a sparkle effect when they enter battle.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hmm where exactly should I look for the red star? Is it if I press X and go to pokemon?

Yeah, just hit X, select Pokemon, then select the Pokemon in question, and hit "Summary". The red star (if it is shiny) will appear on the lower screen, near the bottom left corner.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Sorry if this has already been asked but do you need to have an account paid for to use the pokebank? Like in if I transport all of my pokes from my 5th gen. game if the paid for account expires can I still use it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back