• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    How do I find a Light Ball?

I've been searching Santalune Forest for Pikachus by having my own Pikachu at the lead of my party, and by now I've caught about 15-20 Pikachus, none of them holding a Light Ball. I think the chance of a Light Ball is around 5%, and increases if you have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes as the leader of your party; however, this means it is rare for me to encounter a Pikachu as I don't have Pikachu as my party leader. How can I get the Light Ball?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've been searching Santalune Forest for Pikachus by having my own Pikachu at the lead of my party, and by now I've caught about 15-20 Pikachus, none of them holding a Light Ball. I think the chance of a Light Ball is around 5%, and increases if you have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes as the leader of your party; however, this means it is rare for me to encounter a Pikachu as I don't have Pikachu as my party leader. How can I get the Light Ball?

Unfortunately having the compound eyes pokemon lead your party is the most likely way to get one. I was fortunate in that the first pikachu I ran into was holding a light ball (Thankfully I had Butterfree) but sadly that's all you can do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Make sure to have a Pokémon with Frisk on your team. That way, you'll know if the wild Pikachu's holding Light Ball or not. :) Another thing you could do is use either Theif, Covet, or Snatch when encountering. By doing so, you'd be able to prevent yourself from filling up your boxes with Pikachu, haha.

Shhmew

Years
  • An alternative to leading with something with compound eyes is to lead with something with Static. This makes it more likely to encounter electric types; in this case, Pikachu. You can then use Thief to check it for an item. (make sure your pokemon isn't already holding an item)

Pokemon that can learn thief and have static:
    Spoiler:

Personal preference really, this is just an alternative ^__^" Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    An alternative to leading with something with compound eyes is to lead with something with Static. This makes it more likely to encounter electric types; in this case, Pikachu. You can then use Thief to check it for an item. (make sure your pokemon isn't already holding an item)

Pokemon that can learn thief and have static:
    Spoiler:

Personal preference really, this is just an alternative ^__^" Good luck!

He already said he was doing that originally. he was leading with a Pikachu with Static. The whole problem is that by doing that, the Pikachu only has a 5% of holding a light ball, but if the lead pokemon has Compound Eyes, even though the encounter rate for Pikachu will be lower, once you do they have a 20% chance of holding the light ball. Thief, Frisk and the like are all good things to have on your team though while looking, that is for sure.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I've been searching Santalune Forest for Pikachus by having my own Pikachu at the lead of my party, and by now I've caught about 15-20 Pikachus, none of them holding a Light Ball. I think the chance of a Light Ball is around 5%, and increases if you have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes as the leader of your party; however, this means it is rare for me to encounter a Pikachu as I don't have Pikachu as my party leader. How can I get the Light Ball?
    Find someone in the community that has a Pikachu in their friend safari. Then all you need is Compound Eyes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    I have pokemon x and I beat the E4 then took the train to that new city is there anymore cities or areas to unlock besides places with legendaries

Years
  • I have pokemon x and I beat the E4 then took the train to that new city is there anymore cities or areas to unlock besides places with legendaries

Sadly there isn't unfortunately, the post-game is that shallow.

And also does anyone one have a friend code for electric

Try looking in the Friend Code Thread in this very section. The first post has a link to a list of members' Friend Safari contents, so I'm sure you'll find the Electric Friend Safari you're looking for. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    My Pikachu who is Level 67 (I think) knows Quick Attack, Thunder, Thunderbolt and Double Team at the moment, and I Super Trained it's Speed stat to the max (I plan on getting it a Light Ball anyway). However, I still find it to be a bit slow compared to several other Pokemon when I battle other Trainers online. Other than levelling up, what can I do to get it's Speed stat to the highest? Because of Pikachu's naturally low HP and defense stats it usually has to go first or it gets K.O'd. Thanks for any help.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My Pikachu who is Level 67 (I think) knows Quick Attack, Thunder, Thunderbolt and Double Team at the moment, and I Super Trained it's Speed stat to the max (I plan on getting it a Light Ball anyway). However, I still find it to be a bit slow compared to several other Pokemon when I battle other Trainers online. Other than levelling up, what can I do to get it's Speed stat to the highest? Because of Pikachu's naturally low HP and defense stats it usually has to go first or it gets K.O'd. Thanks for any help.
    There's nothing you can do besides EV training in Speed to increase Pikachu's base Speed. In battle, you can have a Scolipede Baton Pass Speed Boosts to Pikachu, but this is going to be hard, given Pikachu's bad defenses.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    My Pikachu who is Level 67 (I think) knows Quick Attack, Thunder, Thunderbolt and Double Team at the moment, and I Super Trained it's Speed stat to the max (I plan on getting it a Light Ball anyway). However, I still find it to be a bit slow compared to several other Pokemon when I battle other Trainers online. Other than levelling up, what can I do to get it's Speed stat to the highest? Because of Pikachu's naturally low HP and defense stats it usually has to go first or it gets K.O'd. Thanks for any help.

It also depends on its nature. Some natures will increase Speed, while other hinder it, and some don't effect it at all. What's your Pikachu's nature?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Is it possible to pass on a HA if the parent pokemon that has it is male? I thought you could but i'm not having any luck. I'm trying to breed my vulpixes to have drought but stay in their love ball. Is this a lost cause?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is it possible to pass on a HA if the parent pokemon that has it is male? I thought you could but i'm not having any luck. I'm trying to breed my vulpixes to have drought but stay in their love ball. Is this a lost cause?
    It's possible for males to pass down their DW/Hidden Abilities, but only if they're bred with Ditto.

Taiji Dragon

Don't know if i'm a little late to answer this question. But about 3 months ago I was in your same position. I sometimes got tired and sometimes I got desperate because between so many pikachu's none had the light ball. It took me like four tries each i made like 30-50 tries and then i just got tired and started doing something else to refresh myself. Yes Pikachu has a 5% chance of carrying the light ball. So what I did was I chaught the first pikachu I saw and took advantage of it's static ability. Normally a Pikachu will appear in 1 out of 10 pokemon encounters or so. Static made that like 6 out of 10. Compound eyes increases your chances of finding rare items but pikachu will appear less frequently. I have a Zoroark with Thief and so i switch it out every time I found one. Last time it took me like 40 tries in a row. When I killed that last pikachu with thief and the message said your zoroark took the wild pikachu's light ball I just felt like i just finished giving birth oh my god the releave and joy was intense. After that I went to breed pikachu with light ball and got myself a Volt Tackle Pichu. Today it's in it's final form at level 50 stored in one of the PC boxes :P.

The key is perseverance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    This is a lot to ask, I know..

Hello all. I'm hear looking for a kind, or more wealthy, or more action replay savvy person than myself.
    If at all possible, I'm looking for; Arceus with or without any plate, Rotom in any form, Genesect, Ho-oh, Mew, Victini, Deoxys, Keldeo, Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyruem. Yes, I DO know this is a lot to ask. If you can give me any one of these, or all, or if you know of a way for me to obtain them somehow without the games or events that have them, please post here. My friend code is 1075-1208-1444.
    Thank you in advance, I already can't fathom your genorosity!

- wr3ck

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hey, Wreck; you might want to check out our Quick Trades section. This is where these kind of requests go, so if you had posted there instead, I think you would have an easier time finding somebody to help you. :) Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I ask this because of Pokemon Ranger where you were able to Manaphy or Pokemon Dream Radar where you could get the pokemon you capture, but in the new Pokemon Trozei, can you get anything from this game to send to the main game? Capturable pokemon, items, anything? Or is it completely standalone? Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I ask this because of Pokemon Ranger where you were able to Manaphy or Pokemon Dream Radar where you could get the pokemon you capture, but in the new Pokemon Trozei, can you get anything from this game to send to the main game? Capturable pokemon, items, anything? Or is it completely standalone? Thanks!

You can't send over the Pokemon you catch in Trozei to X/Y.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Which Pokemon are numbers 141, 142, and 143 in the Coastal Kalos dex?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back