• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiee

MissBirdiee
Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 26, 2014
    I know this might seem like a stupid question, but I've just completed the game and looking into breeding and stuff, what is all this perfect IV's about? Like, how would I check etc and how do you get shinys? Thanks :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I know this might seem like a stupid question, but I've just completed the game and looking into breeding and stuff, what is all this perfect IV's about? Like, how would I check etc and how do you get shinys? Thanks :)
    The Trade Corner has a pretty good guide on 6th Gen breeding, so you'll wanna read up on that to learn about IV breeding.

As for checking your Pokemon's IVs, you'll wanna take them to the IV Judge down in Kiloude City, in the Pokemon Center. This picture is a pretty good guide to interpret what he's saying:
    Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I know this might seem like a stupid question, but I've just completed the game and looking into breeding and stuff, what is all this perfect IV's about? Like, how would I check etc and how do you get shinys? Thanks :)

Perfect IVs are IVs of 31. More information on IVs:

https://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part1

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

Using IV calculators can help you determine your Pokemon's IVs:

Serebii's

Metalkid's

Shiny Pokemon are hard to come by. There's a 1/8192 chance of you running into one randomly. The Masuda Method increases the odds of you hatching a shiny offspring Pokemon, though you need two parents from different-language ames. The Shiny Charm increases the odds of you getting a shiny in general; the Friend Safari also has an increased chance of you finding shinies, even though the chance is still low.

Edit: semi-Greninja'd

Years
  • Perfect IV's are 31, those are Individual Values that are responsible for best Pokemon stat growing, if they're perfect, your Pokemon will have maximized statistics (depends of what EV are you training), you check IV's in Kiloude City Poke Center, there is that guy in the very left of the center and he checks IV's of respective Pokemon.

Here is what i found on Bulbapedia, you could've just google it. Those are his quotes depending of how much IV's your Pokemon might have.
    Spoiler:

As for Shinies, there is 1/4096 chance to get one, you can use chaining method via PokeRadar, breed via Masuda Method (one foreign Pokemon eg. from Japan and one Pokemon from your country, chances 1/1365), consecutive fishing and Shinies are easier to get in Friend Safari.

E: Double Ninja'd, but well, chances for shiny are not 1/8192 anymore in X.

Years
  • Pokemon X and Y Power save question

I have buy Nintendo 3DS Power Save for Pokemon X and Y, I have question about it
    When I start 3DS Power save and sett in my Pokemon Y, I Get list Of many things like Max money, Max mils osv but my question is about experience code.
    How do I use experience code?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Can anyone list the Pokémon that are easily found in hordes that yield ONLY one type of the six types of EVs (for EV training)? I can't find any for Attack, Defense, or Special Defense.
    HP - Whismur
    Attack -
    Defense -
    SpAtk - Mareep, Vanillite, Smoochum
    SpDef -
    Speed - Wingull

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Can anyone list the Pokémon that are easily found in hordes that yield ONLY one type of the six types of EVs (for EV training)? I can't find any for Attack, Defense, or Special Defense.
    HP - Whismur
    Attack -
    Defense -
    SpDef -
    Speed - Wingull

Check out this article about the EV training hotspots in X/Y.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2014
    Hello all,
    In Pokémon Black and White there was a character in a house who gave you a special item if you showed him/her a Pokémon raised from level 1 to 100. I thought I met such a character in Pokémon x, but I don't remember the town. Does anyone know what town s/he is in, and if so, what reward you get from leveling a Pokémon 99 times? Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2015
    Cafe Soleil (the one where you first meet her talking to Lysandre)? Are you in the middle of the Looker missions by any chance? Because I recall that event occurs once you enter Lumiose City after upgrading your Mega Ring. If you are, try doing them.

I am, thanks I will try! Sorry for the late answer!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    HP - Whismur
    Attack -
    Defense -
    SpDef -
    Speed - Wingull

ALL horde battles only yield 1 type of EV. Okay, not ALL hordes, just most. There are a couple (like the Seviper/Zangoose horde) that have mixed pokemon, and there are a couple that gived two different EVs (like the Carbink horde) but that's just because Carbink itself gives two different EVs, but for the most part hordes tend to already only give out 1 type of EV and here's a complete list: https://www.serebii.net/xy/hordes.shtml

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Is there anything I can do with a 6IV Pancham with Moldbreaker? I'm still breeding so that I can get an Iron Fist one, but I didn't want to throw this one out. I was a little upset that this Pancham had Moldbreaker and perfect everything else. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there anything I can do with a 6IV Pancham with Moldbreaker? I'm still breeding so that I can get an Iron Fist one, but I didn't want to throw this one out. I was a little upset that this Pancham had Moldbreaker and perfect everything else. xD

there's LOTS you can get for that, how about a 5IV Naive Zorua with the IV spread 31/31/31/31/x/31 (which I have!) but even if you don't find anything for it right today, definitely keep it in a box because you absolutely will be able to get something good for that sooner or later

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It has 6IVs, so if you breed it with a 6IV Ditto, you literally have a 1/32 chance of getting another 6IV. Add that Iron Fist OR Mold Breaker can appear (or course, whatever's already there is more common).

SlickTheNick

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2017
    Help Please (Pokemon GL)

Hello there,

I really need some help here. Recently I created a Pokemon Trainers Club acct. I already had a Pokemon GL acct. , but I would like to delete my Pokemon Y game sync from the first account, and move it to the one linked with Pokemon Trainers Club Acct. So, my ultimate question is : if I delete game sync 123 from acct. Abc, can I move game sync 123 to account CBA?

Please answer guys!

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I have no idea dude. Maybe in the actual website they most likely have a "help" link with questions like these, or actual customer support. Trust me dude, that would drive me nuts too. Just check the GL site and see how it goes.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm going to guess the answer is no. Once it goes into an account, they aren't likely to merge the information into another account. I believe customer service likes to operate on the basis that everyone has only one account and they can't verify you against two accounts at once (e-mail addresses).

But yes, go to their Support. See what they can do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What are all the switch out moves? I know of U-Turn, Volt Switch, Ally Switch but that's all I know about. Are there more? And second, are there any pokemon that can learn multiple switch out moves? I'm wanting to try something and just curious how it would wok out (not counting smeargle for obvious reasons!)

Years
  • Cresselia's Hidden Ability?

I was paying in the battle mansion and I accidentally used Earthquake on Cresselia and it somehow managed to hit the pokemon for some reason. The logical explanation for this is that Cresselia has an unobtainable hidden ability (like zapidos' static). Does anyone else know anything?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was paying in the battle mansion and I accidentally used Earthquake on Cresselia and it somehow managed to hit the pokemon for some reason. The logical explanation for this is that Cresselia has an unobtainable hidden ability (like zapidos' static). Does anyone else know anything?
    Cresselia's only known ability is Levitate. As far as anyone knows, it does not have a Hidden Ability. Those are usually pretty easy for hackers to find out anyway.

It is possible to hit a levitating Pokemon with a Ground attack. Perhaps the Cresselia was holding a Ring Target or an Iron Ball. Maybe Gravity was in effect, or it had been hit by Gastro Acid. And what Pokemon was the one using Earthquake? Because if it's ability is Mold Breaker, that would allow it to hit a levitating Pokemon with Earthquake as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back