• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    If I want to get a specific nature for a Blaziken:

do I breed my blaziken with a ditto and then save the game before the egg hatches and reset it until i get the nature I want?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If I want to get a specific nature for a Blaziken:

do I breed my blaziken with a ditto and then save the game before the egg hatches and reset it until i get the nature I want?

The nature of Eggs are set when they're created. To make things easier, catch a Ditto with the nature you want, then have it hold the Everstone. This lets it pass down its nature to the offspring Torchic 100%.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The nature of Eggs are set when they're created. To make things easier, catch a Ditto with the nature you want, then have it hold the Everstone. This lets it pass down its nature to the offspring Torchic 100%.

Speaking of everstones, will the offspring also inherit the mother's ability 100% like natures? I caught a female Adamant Snorlax, but with Immunity as an ability, and Thick Fat is a necessity.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Speaking of everstones, will the offspring also inherit the mother's ability 100% like natures? I caught a female Adamant Snorlax, but with Immunity as an ability, and Thick Fat is a necessity.

As of B2/W2, the mother's (standard) ability will be passed down 80% of the time. On a side-note, males will now pass down their Dream World/Hidden Abilities, though it's roughly a 40-60% chance of that happening.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • As of B2/W2, the mother's (standard) ability will be passed down 80% of the time. On a side-note, males will now pass down their Dream World/Hidden Abilities, though it's roughly a 40-60% chance of that happening.
    Does this mean I have to soft reset again to catch an Adamant Snorlax w/ Thick Fat if I don't want to get Immunity 80% of the time from the offsprings?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    how do i get pokemons with hidden ability on gen vi?

There's a slight chance to encounter one within the Horde. Better chance by Friend Safari, a post-game location. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    few questions
    how can I get my lucario to learn ice punch?

And
    if i breed two pokemon with same nature
    whats the chances that i will get the same nature?

Years
  • few questions
    how can I get my lucario to learn ice punch?

And
    if i breed two pokemon with same nature
    whats the chances that i will get the same nature?

1. Breed a female Lucario with a Hitmonchan that knows the move.

2. The chances are low, you will most likely end up with an offspring with a different nature, use an Everstone on one of the parents.

Are all Friend Safari Pokemon guaranteed to have two perfect IVs?

Yep you got that right, and baby Pokemon found there have 3 perfect IVs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Do you think charmander at level 1 an okay pokemon to trade in Wonder trade or is it common/annoying?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • apparently you can tip over 1000 at the battle restaurants, but i have done the 1 star with 1H-KO's and no option to tip over 1000? can someone help?

X/Y Quick Q&A

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    1. Breed a female Lucario with a Hitmonchan that knows the move.

2. The chances are low, you will most likely end up with an offspring with a different nature, use an Everstone on one of the parents.

Yep you got that right, and baby Pokemon found there have 3 perfect IVs

another question
    so if i manage to get a riolu with ice punch (male)

and i breed it with a ditto
    will the babies have icepunch?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Anyone know who tells you about Xerneass in the Y game. I'd like to get him from GTS.

Years
  • Do you think charmander at level 1 an okay pokemon to trade in Wonder trade or is it common/annoying?

It's okay, it's not that annoying. I'm pretty sure there's someone that can turn that into a beast.

another question

Yes, the babies will have Ice Punch as well, but remember to always delete the non-egg moves always check it while it's at the daycare, the other moves will just get in the wayand it might get deleted on it's own in the process. And another thing, you need to evolve the Riolu because he's a baby Pokemon(he can't breed).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • another question

It's okay, it's not that annoying. I'm pretty sure there's someone that can turn that into a beast.

Yes, the babies will have Ice Punch as well, but remember to always delete the non-egg moves always check it while it's at the daycare, the other moves will just get in the wayand it might get deleted on it's own in the process. And another thing, you need to evolve the Riolu because he's a baby Pokemon(he can't breed).
    Ice Punch is NOT one of Riolu's egg moves. It's a move tutor move that Lucario has had since Platinum. As of now, Ice Punch Lucario is illegal until Poke Transfer has been released.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013

Thank you!

My last question: Why are you supposed to put a pokemon with Pokerus in the box before 48 hours pass? If it has a minute left, won't it still cure as soon as I take it out? That will leave me no time to spread it :(

This is first time I've had it and I'm trying to spread it to Pokemon. Please help me understand. Brain hurts T-T

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thank you!

My last question: Why are you supposed to put a pokemon with Pokerus in the box before 48 hours pass? If it has a minute left, won't it still cure as soon as I take it out? That will leave me no time to spread it :(

This is first time I've had it and I'm trying to spread it to Pokemon. Please help me understand. Brain hurts T-T
    Pokerus goes away in 1-4 days if the infected Pokemon is in the team. It won't go away when it's sent to the PC.

I think it's better to walk around with a Pokerus-infected Pokemon with the Pokemon you plan to infect to help spread the virus among the team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back