• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Ugh, I'm not a noob at breeding anymore. I know that stuff :/
    Turns out I just have bad luck. However if I use both the same Pokemon, diffrent genders they "Get along" however if a Ditto replaced one of them they hate each other. Weird.

New question: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE NEW PATCH!? I searched the Eshop high and low, but can only find the old patch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Ugh, I'm not a noob at breeding anymore. I know that stuff :/
    Turns out I just have bad luck. However if I use both the same Pokemon, diffrent genders they "Get along" however if a Ditto replaced one of them they hate each other. Weird.

New question: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE NEW PATCH!? I searched the Eshop high and low, but can only find the old patch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've beat this game twice, and now running on my third time,
    Sad thing is, I've used a lucario both times and now again! Does anyone have an idea what I can switch
    Him for? I'm by the third gym, and I'd appreciate it if it wern't to under leveled.. And I have a dragon type and a psychic type, ( plus ya know, electric, fire, water etc, ) does anyone have an idea?

Try catching Golett, which, if I remember correctly, could be found on Route 10. It won't be evolving until level 43 though, so you'll need to train it as much as you can. :b

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    As soon as you start your game there should be a message telling you, that there's an update available. You are prompted to choose between starting the game or starting the download. Simply choose the update option.

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
    Years
  • I thought critical captures were supposed to turn any ball into a master ball? Usually, when the ball does its little hover in the air, I know I have a critical capture and don't need to worry.

But while hunting in friend safari, I threw my pokeball, and it did it's critical capture hover thing, but after one shake the pokemon escaped! Does critical capture maybe not work in the friend safaris? Does anyone know?

Years
  • I thought critical captures were supposed to turn any ball into a master ball? Usually, when the ball does its little hover in the air, I know I have a critical capture and don't need to worry.

But while hunting in friend safari, I threw my pokeball, and it did it's critical capture hover thing, but after one shake the pokemon escaped! Does critical capture maybe not work in the friend safaris? Does anyone know?
    From what I know, critical captures increases the chance of capture but there is still a small chance that the pokemon can escape.

Years

Ah I've had an experience with critical captures in my 5th Gen games where the Pokemon actually escaped. So yeah, there is actually a chance that the Pokemon can break out of the ball even when it's a critical capture. Thankfully it's a lower chance than successful captures in this case.

Edit: lol Greninja'd, but at least you have an answer now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2014
    If my Abomasnow has its hidden Ability Soundproof and I mega evolve it giving it Snow Warning, will Hail trigger as soon as he mega evolves?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If my Abomasnow has its hidden Ability Soundproof and I mega evolve it giving it Snow Warning, will Hail trigger as soon as he mega evolves?

Haven't tried it personally, so I can't be a hundred-percent sure… but yes, hail should be triggered as soon as it mega-evolves. (: Or else, there wouldn't be a point in making it have this ability, would it?

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Haven't tried it personally, so I can't be a hundred-percent sure… but yes, hail should be triggered as soon as it mega-evolves. (: Or else, there wouldn't be a point in making it have this ability, would it?
    This is correct. Charizard Y's Drought activates upon Mega Evolution, so all weather should.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Hello there guys, just want to asks some good teammates for a Mega Charizard Y team as well as Mega Charizard X ( I got both Pokemon X and Y so I'm going to build separate teams for both of them.) ?
    Also, who do you guys think is better, ZardX or Y? thanks for those who are going to answer ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    How should I train my modest shiny MAMOSWINE?
    How should I train my freshly captured shiny Naughty Hoppip?
    Please, I understand they are bad natures, I don't need reminding. Their shiny, my first ones ever, please understand I want them to do at least decent in battles. I understand their not breed for it but, seriously their shiny!

Thanks.

Please, I understand they are bad natures, I don't need reminding. Their shiny, my first ones ever, please understand I want them to do at least decent in battles. I understand their not breed for it but, seriously their shiny!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hello there guys, just want to asks some good teammates for a Mega Charizard Y team as well as Mega Charizard X ( I got both Pokemon X and Y so I'm going to build separate teams for both of them.) ?
    Also, who do you guys think is better, ZardX or Y? thanks for those who are going to answer ;)

Both Charizard mega forms are good. I personally prefer MegaZard Y, because it has an immunity to ground, and I just like the raw power it has in the sun. Flamethrower+Modest+252 Sp.Attack EVs+STAB+sun= incinerated enemies all day long.

Gastrodon makes for a good partner for MegaZard Y, since it covers it weaknesses to Water, Electric, and Rock, while MegaZard Y covers Gastrodon's Grass weakness since it has a 4x resist to Grass.

Skarmory makes a good partner for MegaZard X. MegaZard X covers Skarm's Electric and Fire weaknesses, and Skarm covers MegaZard X's Fairy and Ground weaknesses in return.

Thanks.

Hoppip could probably make due with its nature, but you really can't use Mamoswine with a Modest nature. It's a physical attacker, and a Modest nature really would hold it back.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ...So Hoppip is ok? What should I train it in? Should I give the Mamo away on GTS?

Go with this for your Hoppip to be a Jumpluff:

-Jumpluff w/ no item
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: whatever ability it has
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Attack
    Moves: Swords Dance, Acrobatics (which it learns at level 34), Sleep Powder, U-Turn/Giga Drain

Seed Bomb would be nice, but that's an egg move, and you won't be breeding this Hoppip because its shiny. Acrobatics works best with a Flying Gem, but that's unavailable in Gen 6. Still, with the nature, EVs, STAB, Swords Dance, and a lack of an item , it should be good enough. And believe it or not, a Swords Dance Jumpluff can work. Just try to give it sun support if possible.

As for the Mamoswine, do what you want with it. You can keep it for your shiny collection. If you're gonna trade it, make sure you get something nice in return.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    How do I go about to report someone that scammed me. I have proof and the pokemon he gave me and it's not the right ivs like he said it was.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    How do I go about to report someone that scammed me. I have proof and the pokemon he gave me and it's not the right ivs like he said it was.

If it's someone on this forum, i'm sure there's someone you can approach. Otherwise i'm afraid there's nothing you can do. It's morally wrong to advertise a Pokemon as having certain IVs when in fact it doesn't, but it's a perfectly legal method of getting the Pokemon you want on GTS. We live in a cruel world, my friend.

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • How do I go about to report someone that scammed me. I have proof and the pokemon he gave me and it's not the right ivs like he said it was.

You need to get in contact with them and talk it out first. Often times a pokemon is traded by accident, it happens. We are human after all.

There is no worse feeling on these forums than being called a lier and scammer when it was just an accident.

So if you talk to them and give them time, and still nothing. Then I would just make life miserable for them but making other players aware ; )

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    You need to get in contact with them and talk it out first. Often times a pokemon is traded by accident, it happens. We are human after all.

There is no worse feeling on these forums than being called a lier and scammer when it was just an accident.

So if you talk to them and give them time, and still nothing. Then I would just make life miserable for them but making other players aware ; )

it's someone on the site. I should of known better cause it was a new account. but he said this mon has these ivs and I traded. I checked with the judge and nope. It's not what he said it is. I've messaged him. He stopped replying right away after we traded.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back