• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yamu, Yu Gi Oh (Things you misheard as a kid)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What were things you always misheard as a kid or still mishear nowadays?

As kid, I always misheard "Your move, Yu-Gi-Oh!" as Yamu Yu-Gi-Oh. Yes, I did, and I'm ashamed about it.

I also always misheard the voice that said Play Station in PlayStation commercials as "Plays Densel} which isn't even a real world, but that's just how I always heard it as a kid. It took me years to realize they were saying PlayStation.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Plays Densel, lmao. Kids are funny.

Most of my mishearing escapades involved music lyrics, but they typically weren't very interesting. Usually just simple things from Disney movies or songs on the radio at the time.

In Hercules when Meg is singing "I Won't Say I'm in Love", I thought she sang "unless you're dying to cry your eyes out", but I think I was more misremembering after a couple of years cuz it's pretty clear what she sang.

In the song "Come to my Window" by Melissa Etheridge, I thought in the chorus she sang "I will haunt you" rather than "I'll be home soon".

For "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain, I thought she sang "man, church school shirts" instead of "men's shirts, short skirts". I dunno how I fucked that up so bad, lmao, but I just imagined her in a Catholic school girl uniform. I went to Catholic school so it made sense to me, I guess.

Makes me wonder how often I screwed up other songs that I don't remember as well, and how often my mom just loved hearing me singing with such confidence even though I had no idea what I was doing. She used to record me from the inside of the center console, until I found it one day and stopped singing in the car. She said she just loved hearing it and I kinda feel bad that I stopped due to embarrassment, cuz now I sing just whenever and wherever (including the grocery stores) and don't really care.

Years
    • Online now
    The closest thing I can think of is misunderstanding a meaning. I didn't know Cancer was an Astrological sign, so I thought people were asking if I had the disease. Thankfully someone finally explained zodiac signs and I never made that mistake again.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I misheard the phrase me neither as mean either when I was younger and it got stuck in my head that was the correct version for some reason until people stopped me and were like what are you talking about... I also distinctly remember mishearing the noise of everyone talking at once on the school playground as actual words that I could replicate myself instead of it just being the sound of conversations blending together. I would try to recreate this language everyone else seemed to be speaking. Not a bright moment for me as a kid :D

Back