• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yooka-Laylee (2017)

Think you may get this game?

• Yay!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Yooka-Laylee

Playtonicgames.com said:
    "Yooka-Laylee is an all-new open-world platformer from key creative talent behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games. Newly-formed as Playtonic Games, the team is building a spiritual successor to its most cherished work from the past!

Across more than five vast and beautiful game worlds, Yooka and Laylee will use their arsenal of special moves to tackle a huge variety of puzzles and platforming challenges in search of Pagies, the golden bounty used to unlock – and expand – new playgrounds, each jammed to the gills with oddball characters and hulking bosses. The magical Pagies will assist the buddy-duo in their ultimate mission to thwart corporate creep Capital B and his devious scheme to absorb all of the world's books… and convert them into pure profit."
    Set to take the stage for E3 this year, Playtonic Games released their first true trailer for the game on June 6th, 2016, displaying how all of the Kickstarter money they had raised last year was put to the test. As such, the trailer above gives a glimpse of the Rare-esque game that will be coming out in the first quarter of next year.

After watching the trailer, what are your thoughts? Do you think the game will live up to all of the hype as it's been constantly compared to be the reincarnation of a Banjo Kazooie game we all wanted? Or do you think the game will fall flat? What would you like to see from the game? Feel free to discuss all things Yooka-Laylee related here!​

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'll be the first to say this but wow, watching that character do all of his actions reminded me of a lot of past platformer heroes of history. Spyro (Reptilian, fire breathing), Gex (Tongue), and Croc (oh yes, Croc is so awesome that I feel honoring it by the mere mentioning of such) and other platforming heroes. I'm loving his variety of skills.

Oh my god, i feel so refreshed that I finally have found a colorful platforming adventure game that I can look forward to. Considering that there's a steam release of the game, I'm definitely picking it up for PC, or i can always save the efforts of getting a PC capable controller and just get it for the PS4, when I eventually do get a PS4.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I actually backed this on kickstarter. Its nice to see a new game that'll take me back to my Banjo-Kazooie days. I'm very excited for this and can't wait to hear more on it.

Hopefully development will be kinder for this game than it was for Mighty No. 9 (another game I backed on kickstarter!).

GenuinelyAuthentic

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/213.pn
    Years
  • Hahaha! The end part of the trailer is bloody gold! It's an obviously reference to that failure of a game Nuts & Bolts.

It's really good to see that it'll be extremely similar to Banjo Kazooie but with a slight twist.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've been craving for a collectathon platformer for a long time now, and it's great to see the old team back in the game under a new company. The track from the trailer sounds very like Banjo Kazooie's OST.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I. CAN. WAIT.

I forget about all other games that are coming out, I want this game so much! I dream for this day for a long time, Rare was the best thing and they screw it up. But not anymore! Welcome, Playtonic, I am already a fan!

"A reincarnation of Banjo Kazooie", well yes and no. I mean, the voices and all make me wanna say yes, but it's a mix f many games I think.

Oh and I can't really say why, but there is something in there that reminds me of Conker's bad fur day! Probably the "Rare vibe".

The track from the trailer sounds very like Banjo Kazooie's OST.

Am I the only one who found it a bit more like Donkey Kong 64 than Banjo? (talking about the OST).

Years
  • I have to admit, given that some of the people at Playtonic used to work at Rare, it's not surprising that it's got that Banjo-Kazooie similarity to it. Definitely some good graphics going for this game, and would definitely appeal to people who once enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie back in the day.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • They're both composed by Grant Kirkhope, so of course their OST will sound the same.

Yes I know but I've read all over the Internet "oh it sounds like Banjo" nut in my opinion it sound even more like Donkey Kong, but that's only my opinion.

Back