• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You can't hate me. Everybody loves me!!"

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    There are those who adore being loved and bothered being hated. There are those who adore being hated and bothered being loved. Then there are the others who just don't give a care.

Some people are naturally liked, while others may put on a mask so people do like them. Are you the type of person who is generally liked by people, but when someone doesn't feel the same or outright hates you, does it catch you by surprise and leave you bothered about it? If it does, do you try and go out of your way so that person comes to like you or do you just not care at all what people think about you?

On the opposite side of things, do you just prefer it if people think you're some kind of bad guy and leave you alone?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah, I am generally liked or ignored. I don't really have many enemies. But when I do have enemies, it depends on why they dislike me if I'm bothered or not by it. If they dislike me because of something I did that I think was the right thing to do for example, or something like that, I wouldn't be bothered by it. But if it was a friend that turned into an enemy because of something I did it would bother me, haha.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm the type of person who is 100% myself all the time. That means if you don't like me, then don't.. and I will care a bit, yeah.. but in the end it's really not my loss. I dislike when people want to decide that they don't like me before getting to know me, but again, it's their loss.

I find online I have very few friends because I can be very strong opinioned and I don't like to take BS. Offline people tend to like me and think I'm very cheery and bubbly.. though people say that I am exactly the same online as I am offline so.. I don't see how that works.

Okay I am rambling but.. no. I don't go out of my way to be liked by people. What you see is what you get.. don't like it? Well then oh well! But please at least act with decency!!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Personally I don't really care if someone hates me as long as they don't openly and continually show it such as abusing me in public or similar stuff because that just gets annoying.
    I do prefer it when people like me but I understand that I don't really have the patience to get along with everyone and that I won't share interests with everyone in the world.
    So basically I dont go out of my way to make people like me and Im not that bothered if they don't like me or like me either.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm the type of person who keeps to myself most of the time, usually I feel a lot of tension towards me though when with a large group making me think that I did something wrong just by being in the same space sometimes tbh but thankfully I've gotten used to it by now. I don't mind someone to keep me company every now and then though just as long as I'm not busy at the time.

If someone actually confronts me on something about me that pisses them off though I won't have any of it, if they don't like a certain something about me then that's their problem.

Years
    I adapt my personality to try and best suit the situation.

I would rather be well liked than well hated. So when I socialize, I behave in an easy going, light hearted, friendly manner because this is what most people prefer. Whether that is truly how I am, is a different matter entirely.

I've had my fair share of enemies, mainly because of the way I am. I've had a lot of people who disliked me initially but eventually ended up liking me. In contrast to that, I believe I generally do leave a good first impression.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm generally well-liked, though I have trouble making and maintaining friendships lol. I don't have many enemies, though I'm quite forgiving. There are very few people that I'll never forgive for things. However I usually don't let that show, so they may or may not get a chance to love me or hate me.

Years
    I am normally liked in real life and, normally, online too.

I don't really mind if people don't like me, I am not that bothered, as bad as that sounds.​

Ayselipera

It's not really something I mind either way. I tend to avoid nearly everyone anyways. If I find out someone hates me though I just like to know why, but I don't really get upset about it.

As far as I know in real life I am generally liked, but I've known people who didn't like me. My reaction usually ends up me leaving them alone, but nearly every time it's someone who I never really knew in the first place so we never had much contact to begin with. As for online I really don't know what the majority thinks tbh.

I guess I sort of lean towards preferring not to be hated, but just to be unnoticeable. It's kind of hard to explain, but I just hate to be bothered and rarely bother with anyone else to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I try to be well liked by everyone. I really dont like the thought of being hated by others and Ive experienced being hated by other people and it dosent feel good, it just makes you want to try to reverse it anyway you can. Ive even had my personality change as a result to be more likable, I dont think it worked or did much of anything at all to help me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I suppose I'm liked. I mean, I've been told numerous times by people that they like me, or think I'm funny - whether they're people I've just met, or people I've known for quite a while. I have a big friendship group, but I like to hang around within a lot of different groups.

I'd say one of my biggest flaws is that I'm too nice. If someone gives off they don't like me, I'll be really upset and try my best to make them like me. That's just me. I've been told in the past that I need to except the fact that in life not everyone is going to like you. Which is true, but I just hate it especially if you're constantly in an environment with someone, say at work or at school, there's always going to be that tension if you don't like each other. I try my best to break that tension.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm on the borderline between being liked and being hated, but leaning towards liked. It bothers me when I have the feeling that other people hate me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I used to be a huge people-pleaser, so it would really, really bother me when somebody didn't like me. I would do whatever it took to fix things with them because the idea of not being liked was abhorrent to me. In the last month or so, though, I've come to the realisation that I shouldn't care, and so I don't anymore. Not everybody is gonna like me and not everybody has to, so I'm cool with it. It's a lot less pressure thinking this way.

The only time I care whether somebody likes me is when I really like them. It's really sad when that happens :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I don't think anyone dislikes me, but I do know of people who certainly don't give me too many thoughts. For the most part, people tend to like me or find me at least some way tolerable.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I guess I'm liked. Idk. I never ask or anything like that, and if someone does, I can usually tell, I think. If I find out someone doesn't like me, it makes me a wee bit sad, and I'll try to help that, but if it just keeps making them dislike me more, I'll just give up on being their friends. :c
    I mean I know not everyone is gonna like me, but I still feel sad, because I do at least try to like everyone else. I'm the kinda guy who thinks everyone should be friends, though, so maybe that's why i feel this way. ;;

Years
    I keep to myself a lot, but when I do go out and meet people, I'm generally pretty liked... I think. I'm a pretty mild, water of a duck's back kinda gal, so not much bothers me.

If people don't like me, they stay pretty quiet about it. :P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Not really, people have always disliked me by default, even in primary school and I still don't know what it is about me but even my best friend sometimes does things that he doesn't do with other friends where I'm like, why do you dislike me like that? I'm really mean well and actually am very sensitive but somehow people don't (want to?) see that.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
    I've very upbeat and can be social in any situation. I don't like being too social, but if people talk to me, I can hold a good conversation for hours.

I've never heard anyone dislike me. I'm sure there have been people that I've met that behind my back to, but I've never had someone tell me "Hey, did you know Jim seriously hates you?"

At a movie theater, I know people hate me. I make lots of comments during a movie ._. but I hate going to the movies. I only go if people drag me, but my friends and gf get a kick out of my comments and don't give a crap if people get mad so WHATEVS!

Years
    I like being liked. It makes me feel better about myself. Not many people like me initially though, at least I don't think so. They don't hate me either, which is fine, too, 'cause I hate being hated. If someone does dislike me for some reason and I can't find some way to get them to stop hating me I feel like giving them a good reason to hate me by doing something I would hate me for. I guess I have to find some way of justifying it or I'm maybe I'm simply vindictive. But I also feel guilty easily so I'll usually apologize and try to forget any unpleasantness, probably because I'm hoping that I can be liked again. Or something. I've confused myself now.

Back