• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You know what really grinds my gears?"

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
  • People who speak too fast, speak a lot, and speak very loud. All at the same time.

Yeaaaahhhh.... that's me. I'm often told by others around me that I speak to loud, too much, and too fast...especially in a public place like Walmart 😳

--Now, about what grinds MY gears..

People who walk up to you, just to say rude things- i.e. "Hey, you've got six little monsters!" --a guy walked up to my mother and said that about me and my siblings at Walmart.

If I ever see him again..
    👊👿

Years
  • my ISP grinds my gears from time to time. keeps telling me via the bill that the deadline for payment's on the 28th, but cuts of my connection WELL before that if i don't pay "in time". i really don't get it. i gotta set a personal alarm to have the bills paid for by like the 15th every month or so because if i go beyond that my days are numbered.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • People who...
    • are overly rude/sarcastic.
    • swear way too much. With both of these, I don't mind if someone is a little sarcastic or swears sometimes, but doing these things in excess tends to annoy me.
    • are surprised when I haven't seen what they believe is "classic" or "iconic"- a movie, show, song, etc. Someone was surprised when I said I've never watched The Office. I don't have Netflix, so how do you expect me to watch it? And besides, I highly doubt anyone is interested in what I think is a "classic" anyway...
    • don't capitalize when they type. I don't understand how people can tolerate this. I think there's a setting on certain devices where you can turn off auto-capitalization. Why would they ever make a setting like that?

User19sq

My patience can be tried quite frequently, and I'm proud of it being the reason why I have so few pet peeves. That being said, there is one thing that bugs me at every turn...

Spoiler:

Years
  • People who...
    • don't capitalize when they type. I don't understand how people can tolerate this. I think there's a setting on certain devices where you can turn off auto-capitalization. Why would they ever make a setting like that?

is this your way of saying you don't like me

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • people that say shit like "i hate everyone equally!!" and think being a sarcastic, nihilistic asshole is a good personality trait to have. grow the fuck up. also, people that refuse to change their toxic traits or get defensive if you tell them that their behavior is hurtful. major red flag in my book.

and... kpop. and their fanbase. it's annoying and is honestly the only fandom i find truly cringeworthy.

Years
  • people that say shit like "i hate everyone equally!!" and think being a sarcastic, nihilistic asshole is a good personality trait to have. grow the fuck up. also, people that refuse to change their toxic traits or get defensive if you tell them that their behavior is hurtful. major red flag in my book.

and... kpop. and their fanbase. it's annoying and is honestly the only fandom i find truly cringeworthy.

I'll see your nihilistic assholes and KPOP fasbase and raise you furries and "incels" (would love to see those two on a venn diagram). Cannot stand it when people sexualize animals and I hate it when guys talk about women like they are objects just becasue they never got any and are projecting their sad lives onto the rest of us.

Years
  • people that refuse to change their toxic traits or get defensive if you tell them that their behavior is hurtful.

oh hey look it's my aunt boiled down into one sentence.
    I'll see your nihilistic assholes and KPOP fasbase and raise you furries and "incels" (would love to see those two on a venn diagram). Cannot stand it when people sexualize animals and I hate it when guys talk about women like they are objects just becasue they never got any and are projecting their sad lives onto the rest of us.

isn't there a difference between furries and bestiality practicioners though? i don't see anything wrong with the former really, just misunderstood since it's still such a new concept in today's world.

incels though, hard agree. full on hating all women just because a couple that you asked out wouldn't date you just isn't the move bro.

Last edited:
    Years
  • oh hey look it's my aunt boiled down into one sentence.

isn't there a difference between furries and bestiality practicioners though? i don't see anything wrong with the former really, just misunderstood since it's still such a new concept in today's world.

incels though, hard agree. full on hating all women just because a couple that you asked out wouldn't date you just isn't the move bro.

Yes there is a difference but you are still sexualizing animals, just anthorpomorphized animals, why is that better?

User19sq

Yes there is a difference but you are still sexualizing animals, just anthorpomorphized animals, why is that better?

I think I can justify responding for clarity, because I'm sure the furry community's gears are grinding enough from this way of thinking.

So, a furry by definition is someone who likes anthropomorphized, humanoid animals as a style, not necessarily as a fetish. Basically, if you like video game characters such as Sonic The Hedgehog, Banjo and Kazooie, and the like, specifically because they're funny animals characters, then you can be called a furry if you want. About 75% of furries are normal, everyday ghosts like you and I, and the weird, cosplay, fetish side of furries tend to lay within the remaining 25% of them.

Now, as for the idea of an actual animal being involved, that's outright bestiality, not furry. Part of their fun is in the fact that it's not real, that no animal has to get involved. And if they want to act out their fantasies, then they have outfits at the ready for this reason. It's no different from a guy asking his girlfriend to wear a pair of cat ears because he thinks she looks cute with them on (I wear them myself sometimes for the same reason, but I'm not a furry). Sure you are allowed to find it weird, but you should at least get to know what you're vilifying.

I hope this helps.

Years
  • I think I can justify responding for clarity, because I'm sure the furry community's gears are grinding enough from this way of thinking.

So, a furry by definition is someone who likes anthropomorphized, humanoid animals as a style, not necessarily as a fetish. Basically, if you like video game characters such as Sonic The Hedgehog, Banjo and Kazooie, and the like, specifically because they're funny animals characters, then you can be called a furry if you want. About 75% of furries are normal, everyday ghosts like you and I, and the weird, cosplay, fetish side of furries tend to lay within the remaining 25% of them.

Now, as for the idea of an actual animal being involved, that's outright bestiality, not furry. Part of their fun is in the fact that it's not real, that no animal has to get involved. And if they want to act out their fantasies, then they have outfits at the ready for this reason. It's no different from a guy asking his girlfriend to wear a pair of cat ears because he thinks she looks cute with them on (I wear them myself sometimes for the same reason, but I'm not a furry). Sure you are allowed to find it weird, but you should at least get to know what you're vilifying.

I hope this helps.

I do know thank you, I guess I should have been more specific so here it goes. It grinds my gears when you want to fuck an animal, real or not. Sure, I shouldn't have used the term "furry" so loosely but I thought the implication was pretty obvious. That being said, the fandom as a whole is cringey to me (an opinion I am allowed to have regardeless of if you agree) so my comment is accurate.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Oh god this thread is the perfect opportunity to mention this! I haven't read through the thread so I'm sorry if someone's previously mentioned it, but for me the biggest bother anyone could do is to talk about something like a game they're playing or something they're into without explaining anything as if the other person knows what they're talking about.

If I talk about something and I'm not entirely sure the other person knows what I'm talking about, I'll make sure to explain something. If I'm talking about an experience in a game related to some spell I cast for example, I'll describe to them what the spell does and how that affects what happened next. It bothers me so much if someone who's playing a game I've never played just goes "watch this" and does something with no context because nothing is explained and it's all meaningless. It's the least inviting thing they could do to someone in a conversation and it makes them really hard to talk to.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • and... kpop. and their fanbase. it's annoying and is honestly the only fandom i find truly cringeworthy.

If we're starting discussion in this thread though, I do wanna comment on this if that's alright? I'm not someone who's into kpop, I listened to a couple songs cause someone made me. But I've gotten into something pretty similar lately and I think I get the appeal, people really enjoy the music and the idols and maybe this is too general of a statement but I think people interested in this kind of thing are very eager to talk about them. It's kinda similar to the whole "weebs are cringe" thing people say?
    I think we're exposed to the "hardcore" fans a lot more through social media (I think twitter is well-known for having lots of kpop trending) and see more of that and it's easy to assume that's the entire fandom. It all comes from that eagerness and I think the "hardcore" fans are the ones who can end up taking it too far.

I'm not really advocating for or against them, but coming from a few fandoms I'm in, I think it's less of a kpop problem and more of just an "excited fandom member" problem. Though I should ask, if it's not that, what is it you find cringeworthy about them? I'm genuinely curious and I hope I'm not starting an argument or anything. ;;

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • If we're starting discussion in this thread though, I do wanna comment on this if that's alright? I'm not someone who's into kpop, I listened to a couple songs cause someone made me. But I've gotten into something pretty similar lately and I think I get the appeal, people really enjoy the music and the idols and maybe this is too general of a statement but I think people interested in this kind of thing are very eager to talk about them. It's kinda similar to the whole "weebs are cringe" thing people say?
    I think we're exposed to the "hardcore" fans a lot more through social media (I think twitter is well-known for having lots of kpop trending) and see more of that and it's easy to assume that's the entire fandom. It all comes from that eagerness and I think the "hardcore" fans are the ones who can end up taking it too far.

I'm not really advocating for or against them, but coming from a few fandoms I'm in, I think it's less of a kpop problem and more of just an "excited fandom member" problem. Though I should ask, if it's not that, what is it you find cringeworthy about them? I'm genuinely curious and I hope I'm not starting an argument or anything. ;;

i think what bothers me the most is that kpop fans tend to have an extremely high amount of just. irritability? being unhinged? i don't know how to explain this, so bear with me, but i swear. kpop twitter is just filled to the brim with discourse, negativity, and outright bullying. people literally telling others that they're scum or telling them to kill themselves over stanning a certain kpop singer or group. it's just such childish petty drama. i'm sure there are a lot of kpop fans that aren't like this, but i would assume its those that aren't avid fans. also, i think another thing that bugs me is a lot of kpop fans don't treat the stans they love so much as like... humans. like their stans are always perfect beings that can do no wrong. and i'm sorry it's cool to have idols and all but that's taking it way too far. it's like when justin bieber first became huge. people were OBSESSED. i dont understand the rabid obsession over musicians or celebrities. i just dont. i love the band frightened rabbit and scott hutchison a lot, but i'm not getting into twitter fights over people that hate their music and i'm not treating them like gods. just. the twitter fights over petty bullshit, the almost fetishistic and insane idolization... i don't get it. i get secondhand embarassment looking at that kind of stuff. and this is coming from someone who is autistic and has special interests that i've shamelessly obsessed over and revolved my life around. also, i'm a furry and into other "cringy" stuff like naruto. maybe it's my lack of understanding that's causing me to have such a visceral reaction to kpop stans, or maybe i've just only met the bad side of the fandom, i dont know. it just bothers me.

Back