• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I've been keeping this in my mind for a while, but it's about time I shared it:

"Cyberdark Recharge"
    Card type: Quick Play Spell Card
    Text: "Select 1 'Cyberdark' monster you control. Equip 1 appropriate Dragon-type monster in your Graveyard to the selected card."

Explanation: This card only equips level 3 or lower Dragons to Cyberdark Horn/Edge/Keel, but it also equips any Dragon to Cyberdark Dragon. The reason why I created this card is because once the Cyberdarks' equip card is destroyed, they don't pose much of a threat.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • The text needs to be more specific, I think...

Revised Text:
    Select and activate one of the following effects:
    - Select 1 "Cyberdark Edge", "Cyberdark Horn", or "Cyberdark Keel" you control and equip 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard to it. The monster equipped gains ATK equal to the equipped card's ATK. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle, destroy the equipped card instead.
    - Select 1 "Cyberdark Dragon" you control and equip 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard to it. The monster equipped gains ATK equal to the equipped card's ATK. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle, destroy the equipped card instead.

I'm sure that others can come up with much more elegant text, but I don't think that your description uses enough text to actually make the card work...

Dragunity Venter
    Level 4 - WIND - Winged-Beast/Effect - 1400/1200
    When this card is Normal Summoned, you can discard any number of "Dragunity" monsters from your hand to draw the same number of cards from your deck. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can select 1 Dragon-Type Tuner monster in your Graveyard and equip it to this card.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Platinum Sword - 4
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equip 4
    Equipped creature has lifelink, first strike, and deathtouch. As long as Platinum Sword is attached to a creature you control, you can't lose the game and your opponent can't win the game.

First strike + Deathtouch = BAD. We've been over this =(

I like the implications of the invincibility effect, but I'm not sure...it can be a bit broken sometimes when you're playing it in green and slap it on Troll Aesetic.

Replace deathtouch with vigilance or flying, and we should be good.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Machina Overload
    Quickplay Spell Card
    Search your deck for 1 'Machina' monster. Send that card to the graveyard, then draw one card. If you sent 'Machina Fortress', Discard that card.
    It's meant to torment you, because the only card you would send is Fortress, unless you play Force OTK, which is unlikely.

Restraint Removal
    Quickplay Spell Card
    All 'Machina' monsters you control double their attack until the End-Phase. All monsters affected by this effect are given to your Opponents control during the next Standby-Phase after this cards activation.
    Basically, a Limiter Removal with a bit more of a draw-back.

Mediocre Death Penalty
    Continuous Spell Card
    Half your Opponent's Life points. During the sixth Standby-Phase after this card's activation, you take 8000 Life Points.
    If you can win in 6 turns, it is very useful, especially if your opponent has 4000 Life Points, and you have Stardust for Direct Damage.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Mediocre Death Penalty
    Continuous Spell Card
    Half your Opponent's Life points. During the sixth Standby-Phase after this card's activation, you take 8000 Life Points.
    If you can win in 6 turns, it is very useful, especially if your opponent has 4000 Life Points, and you have Stardust for Direct Damage.

You really need to rethink that card. You would be able to perform extremely consistent OTKs or even FTKs with that card especially if run in multiples.

Also, it shouldn't be a Continuous Spell Card.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • It would be a kinda awesome card though, wouldn't it? Anyway, my new stuff.

Stalking Hunter
    Normal Trap Card
    Activate this card when one of your 'Gladiator Beast' monsters declares an attack. Double that monster's Attack until the end phase. Destroy the monster that was affected by this effect during the end phase.
    -Unlike Limiter Removal, it can't be Starlighted. I like this, helps out Glads a fair bit.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Arcana Force XI - Justice
    Light Fairy/Effect ****** 2100/2100
    When this card is summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can destroy one Spell or Trap card your opponent controls. ● Tails: This card cannot attack unless you send one Spell or Trap card on your side of the field to the graveyard.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I'm working on a cycle of 4-color Planeswalkers. Let me know what you think of this one:

(name pending) - UBRG
    Planeswalker - (supertype pending)
    0: Sacrifice a creature. Put X loyalty counters on ~, where X is that creature's power. Draw a card.
    0: Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield. That creature deals damage to ~ equal to its power.
    -8: You get an emblem with "Whenever you sacrifice a nontoken creature, draw two cards."

The problem with 4 colors is that it pretty much forces you to inject as much flavor into it as possible. I designed this with Grixis / Jund in mind, playing off sacrifice and unearthing. I couldn't find any other way to make the emblem not broken; I thought of "When you sack a nontoken, return a creature from the graveyard to the battlefield"; hello, infinite-power Carrion Feeder / Scarland Thrinax. I thought of the same thing, but Disentombing the creature instead; hello, infinite-power Carrion Feeder / Scarland Thrinax through double Orinthopter / Memnite.

Let me know what Cirrus you guys think. =)

Cirrus

Years
  • Hmm. It's pretty good, but a little UP (mostly because there's 4 colors involved, and there's no significant reward at the end for sacking so many creatures to this PW other than maybe turbodraw starting like 4 turns after). Also, I don't really sense the Blue flavor, but that might just be me - card draw is Green and Black as well, especially sacrificial card draw.

Also, some MtG stuff!

Frost Battleaxe - 3
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equip 3
    Whenever equipped creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter that spell or ability unless its controller pays 2.
    When Frost Battleaxe enters the battlefield or the equipped creature attacks, tap target permanent. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

Inferno Morningstar - 3
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equip 3
    2: Equipped creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
    When Inferno Morningstar enters the battlefield or equipped creature attacks, Inferno Morningstar deals 3 damage divided as you choose among one, two, or three target creatures and/or players.

Sun Blade - 3
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equip 3
    Equipped creature has vigilance.
    When Sun Blade enters the battlefield or equipped creature attacks, you may return target permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Primeval Helm - 3
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equip 3
    Equipped creature has trample.
    When Primeval Helm enters the battlefield, you may search your library for up to one land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library. When equipped creature attacks, you may search your library for up to two land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

Grave Saber - 3
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equip 3
    Equipped creature has deathtouch.
    When Grave Saber enters the battlefield, put one 2/2 black Zombie token onto the battlefield. When equipped creature attacks, put two 2/2 black Zombie tokens onto the battlefield.

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • A nice homage to the Titans. I like Grave Saber best, seeing as it's likely the best topdeck. A dude to put it on? Nice.

Another Walker:

(Unnamed) - 2RR
    Planeswalker - (Undefined) (U)
    -1: ~ deals 2 damage to each creature and each player.
    -1: ~ deals 4 damage to target player. It can't be prevented. If that player would gain life this turn, he or she gains no life instead.
    -1: ~ deals damage to target player equal to twice the number of nonbasic lands he or she controls.

BAM!

Cirrus

Years
  • Seems quite interesting. I'm not sure if I would like to pay 4 mana for each of those effects individually, but the modal Pyroclasm-exque thing, modal Flame Javelin to the face (a bit more), and modal... something related to nonbasic hate seems interesting. I wouldn't really decide to play it as any more than a sidedeck card in constructed RDW, though...

Also, is that thing UNCOMMON?

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I was bored. Sorry if it looks OP or stupid. :P

Nightmare Walker
    Level 8
    DARK
    Fiend
    Effect Monster
    2400ATK/2200DEF
    Spell Speed 2

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play one "Dream Clown" on your field whose effect has been used this turn. When this card's Battle Position is changed, you can destroy up to two cards on your opponent's side of the the field and remove them from play. This card's effect cannot be negated.

Designed to clear the field, pretty much. Also anti-Stardust. :D

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Legacy says "gtfo" to your planeswalker, Don. srsly, most good (read: very very expensive) legacy decks run like 4 basics rofl.

then again by "gtfo" i mean force of will/daze/counterspell/counterbalance/spell pierce/echoing truth. so in the only place where it's "good" it sorta dies to the metagame anyway...

Also, cycle of landchantments for a set my friends and I are making. Set's mostly based around lands in graveyard through destruction and/or sacrifice and non-land mana sources.

Cataclysmic Outpour - 1R
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Land
    When enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional {R} to their mana pool.
    When enchanted land is put into a graveyard from play, you may deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

(Unnamed) - 1U
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Land
    When enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional {U} to their mana pool.
    When enchanted land is put into a graveyard from play, you may draw a card.

(Unnamed) - 1W
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Land
    When enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional {W} to their mana pool.
    When enchanted land is put into a graveyard from play, you may gain 3 life.

(Unnamed) - 1B
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Land
    When enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional {B} to their mana pool.
    When enchanted land is put into a graveyard from play, you may have target player discard a card.

(Unnamed) - 1G
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Land
    When enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional {G} to their mana pool.
    When enchanted land is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your library for a basic land, reveal it, and put it into your hand.

Black and green feel kinda...eh to me. I thought I could also use +1/+1 counter, temporary pump or a weak token for green, and temporary weaken, life loss or dredge for black. Opinions?

Last edited:

Cirrus

Years
  • Shouldn't be spell speed 3... also, you could just use Super Polymerization's text of "cannot be responded to etc" instead of "can't be negated", but that's me.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Shouldn't be spell speed 3... also, you could just use Super Polymerization's text of "cannot be responded to etc" instead of "can't be negated", but that's me.
    The wording is to prevent Skill Drain, Curse of Anubis and *gasp* Alector. The low ATK and DEF are there to balance it a little.

As for Spell Speed, hrk. Gonna change that to 2. Should it be removed from play when destroyed?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Stardust Democracy
    Spell
    Remove from play everything on your side of the field, your hand, and 5 cards from the top of your deck. Special summon a Stardust Dragon from your Extra Deck. On the turn it is special summoned, it can't be destroyed by battle.

One word--LOL! xD

Cirrus

Years
  • Dead-man-walking, that kind of effect doesn't work that way... if it's worded like that, then Skill Drain negates its effect when Skill Drain is activated first (or second, I can't remember) and then it becomes really weird rulings-wise.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • "This card's effects cannot be negated" forms an infinite conflict. You need to write something like "Negate the effect of a card(s) that would negate the effect of this card and send the card to the Graveyard." Though, Skill Drain would still take precedence over it.

Back