• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your battle style? Defensive, Offensive or Balanced?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I prefer to go with being as balanced as possible in case something goes wrong in a battle. I feel like I can trust the back up to do something anything even if its not what I need at that moment.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    If I'm just doing a plan run then offensive. If I'm doing some sort of challenge then I'm more of on the defensive side since I'm trying to figure out how I could beat certain battles.

Years
  • I pretty much structure all of my teams the same way. I do 3 physical attackers 3 special attackers and make sure I have one defensive and one specially defensive wall. I don't care too much about setting hazards but will always make sure one Pokemon has rapid spin or defog.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Since you discussing team styles, I've moved your thread over to Pokémon Gaming Central.

Also, I like balanced since I feel it's the most flexible.

Years
  • Usually offensive for me! I find the games easy enough that defensive or balanced isn't usually necessary... unless I'm doing a challenge run lol. Things can get so much tougher then @_@

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't mind longer battles, so playing with Pokemon such as Umbreon or Shuckle usually doesn't bother me too much. Unless it's Gen 4, where the animation speed feels slower. I tried a defensive Bronzong in game, and it was painful.

Competitively, hyper offense. It's the style i've reached around 1700 with on showdown. Otherwise I get stuck at 1500.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    My favorite playstyle is somewhere between balance and offense. I like to use a defensive backbone of 2-4 Pokemon mixed with 4-2 Wallbreakers/glasscannons.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

The games are waaaay too easy to warrant any kind of defensive or status-boosting moves...the only time you even need status ailments is if you're trying to capture a Legendary. Offensive all the way!

Back