• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Current Team

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • Doing a quirky Platinum challenge where I can only use old gen Pokémon. Current team consists of:

1. Alakazam (Oz)
    2. Golem (Balma)
    3. Gyarados (Cameron)
    4. Jolteon (Spike)
    5. Scizor (Wayfarer)
    6. Houndoom (Persephone)

I'm also gonna maybe get a Snorlax to replace Golem in the future, cause that'd be fucking cool, but it would take a while to find Munchlax 😳

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    In my current HeartGold save I don't just have a team... It's an army! :D 11 pokémon that I rotate:

- Feraligatr lvl 58
    - Crobat lvl 45
    - Ampharos lvl 45
    - Espeon lvl 44
    - Dragonite lvl 55
    - Tyranitar lvl 55
    - Mamoswine lvl 45
    - Scizor lvl 43
    - Arcanine lvl 43
    - Gyarados lvl 44
    - Snorlax lvl 50

(still not strong enough to beat Red, though...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Replaying Emerald in German with Pokemon I never really used (starter being the exception):
    Swampert
    Breloom
    Hariyama
    Loudred (soon to be Exploud)
    Xatu
    Linoon

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've mostly been playing Sword lately, collecting Watts and Apricorns.

Current team, comprised of some of my favorite Pokémon and most-cherished Shinies:

Torrin (Shiny Wartortle) I love Wartortle's aesthetic and, due to its nostalgic value as well, recently decided that it's my favorite Pokémon. I SR'd Torrin in HGSS a few years ago.

Rumple (Shiny Leafeon) It wasn't until after I got this one that I realized how much I love Leafeon's design (my #2 in aesthetics). SR'd in VC Gold back in January while I was trying for a Shiny Eevee that I could use as an in-game representation of my fluffy grey cat (Rumple is a clone of that Eevee).

Noko (Shiny Dunsparce) The only Shiny on my team that isn't full-odds. I chained Noko in Pearl shortly before the release of HGSS and swapped my Johto starter for it ASAP. It was my mascot and favorite Pokémon for a long time. (I've caught a full-odds one since that I was using on my team for a while, but it doesn't have that same sentimental feeling.)

Tahki (Shiny Alolan Sandslash) Ice is tied with Normal as my favorite type and Alolan Sandslash is currently my favorite Ice-type. It was the first Shiny I tried to hunt in SM and I spent months trying to hatch one, but encountered Tahki purely by chance shortly after getting tired of hatching eggs. (I'd been using my Shiny Shedinja here until recently but, even though I like its concept more, Tahki is more significant to me.)

Chipotle (Shiny Flareon) I consider Chipotle my "most surprising" Shiny. I was looking for a rainy route to evolve my Sliggoo for my X WonderLocke and was shocked when a silvery Eevee appeared! (I chose to evolve it into Flareon due its IVs—not knowing that Hyper Training would ever be a thing—and because I already had most of the other Eeveelutions via Masuda method and Friend Safari.)

Codec (Shiny Porygon2) The oldest Shiny I still have, accidentally SR'd in Platinum (2008) while trying to get a Modest nature.

I would have Tael (Shiny Mothim), my most intense Shiny-hunt, here, but it sadly can't be transferred to SWSH. :(

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have 2 main teams in Sword and Shield right now. But I still use other pokemon as well.
    One team is nothing, but new pokemon, while my other is older pokemon.

Main Team 1:
    Lopunny
    Gardevoir (Shiny)
    Aegislash
    Lycanroc (Dusk)
    Goodra
    Charizard (Shiny/Giganta)

Main Team 2:
    Urshifu (Rapid) (Giganta)
    Cinderace (Giganta)
    Toxtricity (High Voltage) (Giganta)
    Corviknight (Giganta)
    Hatterene (Giganta)
    Dragapult

Rotation Members:
    Ninetales (Alolan)
    Decidueye
    Melmetal (Shiny)
    Tyranitar (Shiny)

I just actually started using Lopunny not long ago. I made a second account on my Switch just to get the second Gigantamax Urshifu. I ended up catching a Lopunny and started becoming one of my favorite pokemon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've IV-bred and EV-trained (using Little Cup method) an entire team for my Platinum save; Piplup w/ Agility, Starly w/ Double-Edge, Shinx w/ Thunder Wave and Elemental Fangs, Budew w/ Sleep Powder and Leaf Storm, Riolu w/ Bullet Punch, and Rhyhorn w/ Elemental Fangs.
    I'm trading them in at appropriate points, so I'm about to challenge Oreburgh Gym with Piplup and Starly. Whilst they're EV-trained and slightly over-levelled (both lv. 14 when only Roark's Cranidos is that strong), they're not going to obey me consistently until I get 2 badges which makes it interesting!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I don't have a "team". I have a giant rotation at this point lol.

But I think when I last shut off it was, Mega Sceptile, Shiny Druddigon, Kommo-O, Latios and Latias, And Haxorus.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Exeggutor, Starmie, Alakazam, Rapidash (Galarian), Gallade, and Espeon 🙂

Upon release of Crown Tundra, I'm planning to add the following in the rotation: Articuno (Galarian), Metagross, Latios, and Jynx's 3rd stage (if rumors are true)

Last edited:

Roaming Emboar

Unovian Enhtusiast
    Years
  • Pokemon Platinum: Infernape, Roserade, Staraptor, Luxray, Golduck, Hippowdon
    Pokemon Black: Emboar, Swanna, Ferrothorn, Krookodile, Vanilluxe, Eelektross
    Pokemon Black 2: Emboar, Azumarill, Zoroark, Excadrill, Sigilyph, Galvantula
    Pokemon Ultra Moon: Primarina, Lurantis, Salazzle, Raichu, Palossand, Scrafty
    Pokemon Yellow: Pikachu, Lapras, Dodrio, Snorlax, Mr.Mime, Dugtrio

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Right now I have a party of Pokémon that I'm leveling up! So not a real 'team' per se, but still!

- Megernea
    - Primarina
    - Blissey
    - Kingdra
    - Meinshao
    - Venusaur

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I had the urge to play OG Pokemon Blue again and use some mons I wouldn't use normally, The team comprises of:

- Seadra
    - Dodrio
    - Onix
    - Wigglytuff
    - Venusaur
    - Ninetales

I'm currently 4 badges in. All around level 33 excepting Ninetails which is level 42. Reason for that is that Vulpix learns its final move on that level and I finally wanted to evolve it. Funfact: stone evolutions in gen 1 don't learn any moves and Vulpix not only is incredibly weak, it also learns almost no got TM moves in the first generation. So I put all my Rare Candies to use. xD

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Very interesting team...
    My team for BLACK
    :
    Samurott
    Maractus
    Sigilyph
    Stoutland
    Krookadile
    Heatmor

maybe the best pokemon game because of it's story

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Lmao it usually is!

Fairies have varied type combinations just like Psychics 🙂

Fairy/Normal
    Fairy/Water
    Fairy/Electric
    Fairy/Grass
    Fairy/Ice
    Fairy/Poison
    Fairy/Flying
    Fairy/Psychic
    Fairy/Bug
    Fairy/Rock
    Fairy/Ghost
    Fairy/Dragon
    Fairy/Steel
    Fairy/Dark

There are no Fairy/Fire, Fairy/Fighting, and Fairy/Ground yet though

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Currently replaying Pokémon Sun.

My Team so far:
    -Shelgon
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Dragon Dance.

-Frankenteen the Alolan Grimer
    Moves: Poison Fang, Bite, Rock Tomb, Disable.

-Mettaton the Magneton
    Moves: Volt Switch, Mirror Shot, Tri Attack, Thunder Wave.

-Marina the Brionne
    Moves: Scald, Disarming Voice, Echoed Voice, Bubble Beam.

-Amanda the Misdreavus
    Moves: Hex, HP Poison, Psychic, Thunder Wave.

-Uncle G the Drampa
    Moves: Dragon Breath, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Roost.

I traded over a Drampa from Moon because I needed a Pokémon that can use both Fire and Grass-type attacks. I taught him Flamethrower, Energy Ball and Roost before trading it over to Sun. He helped me overcome Hau, as I opted not to use EXP. Share for optimal difficulty, though I am using Pokémon Refresh to help boost each team member's EXP gain.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Just about to enter Vast Poni Canyon in Pokémon Sun.

My (potentially) final team:
    -Marina the Primarina
    Moves: Scald, Disarming Voice, Energy Ball, Sparkling Aria.

-Mettaton the Magneton
    Moves: Volt Switch, Tri Attack, Flash Cannon, Thunder Wave.

-Amanda the Mismagius
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic, Pain Split.

-Salamence
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Dragon Dance.

-Frankenteen the Alolan Muk
    Moves: Poison Jab, Crunch, Rock Tomb, Explosion.

-Manny the Piloswine
    Moves: Freeze-Dry, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Shard.

I decided to use Piloswine in place of Drampa, as I needed at least one more physical attacker to even things out on my team.

Not using the EXP Share helped make the adventure that more challenging. I raised my Chinese Shelgon to Lv. 42 before using the majority of my stockpiled Rare Candies to have a terrific, but most importantly, fast user, as I was somewhat underlevelled once I reached Poni Island.

Years
  • I started a new VC Crystal playthrough about a month ago because I really wanted to play a Gen 2 game again since the last time I played this generation was back when Crystal was first released on Virtual Console. However I wanted to make this playthrough as unique as possible so I managed to build a very weird and unconventional team (at least by my standards) and I've been having a great time with this playthrough because of this team.

I just defeated Clair recently so I'm leveling up my team in Victory Road at the moment and hopefully I'll be able to defeat the Elite 4 and Lance soon and then continue my journey in the Kanto region.

My team is:

- Meganium (Vegemite) ... I always liked Chikorita line but I never actually used them on a playthrough before so I saw this as a great opportunity to finally change that and challenge myself at the same time by using the weakest starter in Johto.

- Donphan (Michelin) ... Just like with Meganium, I also always liked Phanpy line but never used them on my team because they aren't easily obtainable in most games but in Crystal you can catch Phanpy before battling the first Gym so I decided to catch one and add it to my team.

- Unown I (Illuminati) ... I never planned to use Unown on my team but after I did that first puzzle in Ruins of Alph, I caugh this Unown I just for the Pokedex. Then I realized that despite the fact that Falkner is super easy, I will probably struggle against him with only a Chikorita and Phanpy with weak moves. That's when I decided to try and use Unown and it stayed on my team ever since. Now I really like the fact that I have Unown on my team because it feels like a very unique choice since most people will probably never even think about using this Pokemon on their teams. My Unown has HP Dark and it's been useful more than a few times so far and I expect it to be my answer to Red's Espeon when I finally reach him on Mt. Silver.

- Electabuzz (Trajectory) ... I wanted a fire type on my team but then I hatched Elekid from Odd Egg and I remembered that I really like this cool electric type so I decided to add her to the team since Electabuzz can learn all elemental punches including the Fire Punch so I didn't really need a fire type anymore.

- Farfetch'd (Duck Hunt) ... I used pretty much every other flying type from Kanto and Johto in my previous playthroughs so to keep the theme of unique and original team I decided that my flying type for this playthrough will be Farfetch'd since I never used one before. It turned out to be better than I expected it to be and Farfetch'd is actually a very fun Pokemon to use with access to moves like Swords Dance and Slash by level up.

- Suicune (Atlantis) ... I almost never use legendary Pokemon on my teams but adding Suicune to this team felt like a good idea since most of the team is made out of "weaker" Pokemon so a legendary like Suicune could balance things out and make it possible to actually beat this game. Another reason was that I already had Unown and Suicune and Unown are the two Pokemon that show up in the opening animation and title screen of Pokemon Crystal so it felt right having them both together on my Crystal team.

I really like how this team turned out and I'm glad that I'm using some of the less popular Pokemon like Unown, Meganium and Farfetch'd. I'll end this post here since it's already too long and I'll get back to training my team and finally challenging the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Currently replaying VC Blue again. I have made it to Fuchsia City to recover some PP, as I arrived from the east to find a Super Rod to find a Surfer for my team. I intend to head into the Safari Zone to get the Surf HM. Surf is a very good move for Water Pokémon.

My team so far:
    -Hop Pop the Poliwrath
    Moves: Water Gun, Submission, Ice Beam, Rest.

-Rasputin the Kadabra
    Moves: Psybeam, Seismic Toss, Confusion, Recover.

-Boulder the Graveler
    Moves: Rock Slide, Dig, Mega Punch, Selfdestruct.

-Happy Cat the Persian
    Moves: Double-Edge, Bubblebeam, Thunderbolt, Pay Day.

-Tarzan the Venusaur
    Moves: Razor Leaf, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Tackle.

-Shrewball the Sandshrew
    Moves: Scratch, Sand-Attack, Cut.

Persian was a viable Bubblebeam user in Gen I because of it's profound Speed. Pay Day also helped me make enough profit to buy sufficient recovery items.

I struggled with Poliwrath at first, but it soon began picking up offensive steam the more I battled with it against numerous Jr. Trainers, Beauties and Bird Keepers on the southeast. My team is around Lv. 35 at average. I was going to use Seadra, but it is a late Pokémon to get, and Poliwrath offers a little more versatility in the meantime. Besides, it can use Submission to wreck the cute bulky Normal-types that like singing my team to sleep, as well as both the Rattata and Meowth lines sometimes flinching my team with their biting moves.

Kadabra is very busted for a middle stage evolution and can get ridiculously strong if frequently used against the Rockets.

Graveler is my go-to for the Electricians, Guitarists, Lt. Surge, and the Bikers, as Ground-types are immune to STAB Electric and Thunder Waves. It resists the exploding shenanigans of the Koffing and Voltorb lines, as they would nuke my team members to deny EXP.

Bulbasaur is my Starter and was getting ridiculously overlevelled, as I intended to use some speedy and bulky powerhouses during my adventure.

I plan on using Zapdos as my secret weapon while serving as a viable offensive Flyer.

Back