• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Favorite Mega Evolution

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
  • Hey Everyone. :)

I was wondering.
    What is your favorite mega evolution and why?
    and what is your least favorite mega evolution and why?

For my favorite it's a tie between Mega Charizard X and Mega Absol.
    Mega Charizard X's Design is awesome, it's part Dragon and it's a strong pokemon in battle. :)
    Mega Absol's Design is also awesome, I like how it has wings(makes it look Awesome) and it's a also strong pokemon in battle. :)

My least favorite is Mega Mawile. I've never been a fan of Mawile and I don't like the Design much.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I never really think about that. But for now Mega Charizard X!
    For now only Mega Charizard X! Yeah, the design is just too, too awesome!

Years
  • Mega Charizard Y and Mega Absol are both pretty cool in design. Makes me wish that I can use both at the same time in battle

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    A really like Charizard Y, Lucario, Gengar, Abomasnow (he really looks abominable in a badass way), Mewtwo Y, Scizor, and last but not the least Mawile... they all look good IMO..

wish they will update more pokemons to mega evolve :) i want electivire and pikachu :D

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Mega Mawile. Mawile always has been one of my favorites and as a child I always found futakuchi-onna (The two mouthed women) pretty interesting at school during History class, which Mawile is based on, Mega Mawile also got the color pattern of one of the outfits that futakuchi-onna used to wear in an old folklore picture book which I can't remember the name at the moment.

My least favorite would be Mega Absol, the design is lame and dull. I don't understand why they gave him a pair of wings, and even his hair covering one side of the face. If I knew the story behind it than I would reconsider, but there is none of at the moment.

Charizard X also got a small place in my dislikes, the design is awesome there is no complaints about it, but the color scheme is just very annoying and not something I can picture myself as saying it's a Charizard in the family.

I wish Gamefreak would already release some kind of artbook or something with the origins of the new Mega Evolution species explained.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    At the moment, my favorite mega evolution is Mega Gardevoir. There are a few mega evolutions I haven't seen yet, though.

Years
  • Mega heracross and mega benett(can't decide).
    I never really liked heracross(always prefered pinsir) but for some reason I really like his mega evo, he just looks like he ready KO things but at the same time like he can take anything(exept flying type attacks, lol).
    Mega bennett also so awsome, really can't explain why, he just is.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I'm not huge on the Mega Evolutions...I've only used them a few times, but so far as looks...Mega Absol is pretty awesome!

I think my least favorite (in terms of looks) would be Gengar's. It just looks weird.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Banette is my favorite Pokemon so I am inclined to say Mega Banette is my favorite Mega. As far as designs go, it is completely true (with Absol coming in close second.) But I can't get over them dumping nearly every stat boost into Mega Banette's Attack. If it's defenses were just ever so slightly boosted, it would be much better.
    I also wish the shiny Mega Banette would have been a bit of a different color scheme. It's basically the same except slightly lighter with a more neutral undertone.. (At least from the video I saw.)

So, as I said Absol earns second place. Magic Bounce and great sweeping stats (if I remember right) make Absol a cool Pokemon. I don't understand giving it wings and not making it dual Dark/Flying though.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
  • My favorite mega evolution falls between Mega Gengar, and Mega Charizard Y.

Mega Gengar certainly has an interesting design, and is pretty self explanatory in why the ground type weakness becomes available. Unlike most Mega Evolutions, Gengar has the fairest gain and loss when it comes down its super form; exchanging its stat increase for an additional and exploitable weakness.

While many people would prefer Charizard X, I think of Y as the overall better design. I feel the X design was a bit of an overkill for Charizard.

My least favorite is a bit of a tough one here. I don't like the appearances of at least 90% of the mega evolutions available. If given the choice to remove one form though, I'd probably select Mega Blastoise.

As my favorite final form starter from Kanto, I was extremely displeased at the release of Mega Blastoise. The goatee, and the turtle shell hand cannons.. I find these things absolutely repulsive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would say Mega Charizard X, but it just looks stiff when it is flying. Don't get me wrong, it is still one of my top favorites. Just don't like the stiffness, but I guess that is because he is a dragon.

Anyways, I am going to go with a tie between Mega Tyranitar and Mega Lucario. Mega Lucario I used mostly in the storyline game. I usually didn't use Mega Charizard or Blaziken. So I am going with them. I haven't used Tyranitar yet, but it looks badass and I can't wait to get my Shiny Tyranitar over from W2

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • From the start, my favorite Mega Evos are Charizard (both versions), Blastoise, Mewtwo Y, Ampharos, Mawile and Lucario. They're very useful in battle and look fabulous/cool. When more Mega Evos were revealed, Gardevoir, Pinsir and Alakazam became my favorites as well.

My least favorite Mega Evos are Abomasnow and Manectric. Abomasnow looks like it's being dragged down by that huge icicle on its back. Manectric doesn't look that good with that huge mane covering its entire back.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I haven't actually tested out the mega evolutions all that much through playing Pokémon Y, because I stuck to using only the Pokémon from this generation. However, in terms of design, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Mawile all stand as some of my favorites.

I'm not a big fan of Mega Kanaskhan, Mega Mewtwo X, or Mega Heracross though. For the most part it's because of their designs, but for Mega Kangaskhan, while I appreciate them finally taking the baby out of the pouch, it just feels like the most laziest attempt at a mega evolution.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Mega Mawile is my favourite, its also the only one I care about. Mawile was my favourite Steel type from the 3rd gen and I love its origins. Now I finally had one on my main team and it's a valuable member.

My least favourite would be Mega Manectric. I didn't like Manectric in the first place but Mega Manectric looks beyond ridiculous.

Years
  • I really like Mega Gengar, they took what was already an awesome little prankster and turned it into a one of the scariest looking pokes.

My least favorite is Mega Absol, stupid emo punk. Go get your hair cut. :)

Back