• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Superheroes/Supervillains?

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Years
  • It's really hard to pinpoint the one Superhero/Supervillain you really like, so let's list the top two or three. Also discuss why you chose them.

My favorite superheroes (order not significant)-

1. Wolverine: I don't think there's anyone- and Deadpool isn't a choice because he's Deadpool- that rocks the anti-hero concept as hard as Wolverine. In spite of the rugged outer appearance and attitude, it's easy to understand the depth of the character. I mean this guy's seen it all, been through everything- fought in wars as mercenary, rules criminal rings, built schools for young children, had a family- everything that it takes to build a man out of someone. Not to mention the sheer amount of awesomeness his claws and healing factor bring to the table.

2. Captain America: I remember asking a friend some time back: "who do you think this world needs more- Superman or Captain America?" I think the answer is Captain America. The world doesn't need resources, the world needs a good heart and clear intellect to work its problems out. This is why, to my mind, Captain America stands out as one of the greatest superheroes of all time. Not only is Cap virtuous, but he's also one of the most skilled tacticians in the world- his brain can possess numerous different stratagems to adopt in a given situation. These two features, along with experiences as a war veteran, combine themselves in the person of the Cap to produce the perfect leader to any superhero team whatsoever. Many people may not like this choice, since the Cap's power is considerably weaker than most other Superheroes- but like I said, it's the things besides his abilities as a superhero that make him one of my most favorite characters ever.

3. Batman: Need I say more?

My favorite supervillains (order not significant)-

1. Joker: I think the following quote is enough here:

"You do realize you're involved with a sick man who will watch you die? He will. . . stand above your corpse, and I promise you he will laugh. Not because your death means nothing to him, but because- for him- death is the punchline." (in Brian Azzarello's Joker)

2. Magneto: I have two main reasons for this choice. First, Magneto isn't evil as the term is conventionally understood. His ideas are good, but his methods are not. You might say this isn't very uncommon among supervillains. I agree, but if you analyze most other such supervillains- at some level the key idea is associated with evil, although this is not obvious. Zod's idea may seem viruous superficially, but his decision to obliterate earth stemmed not merely from the falsity of his methods, but also the latent racism in his ideas. Magneto's character analysis doesn't easily yield such things. Second, I'm really fond of the World War 2 motif, and when you hear him claim during his fight with Iron Man in Avengers vs. X-me: all he has is "an old heart forged in the fires of Warsaw Ghetto"- you can't really help but sympathize with this person, what he's been through. These two features combined bring a profound emotional aspect to Magneto's character.

So, who's your favorite superheroes/supervillains?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • In no specific order.

Batman
    He shows that you don't need any superpower to become one of the best crime fighting heroes in the history of comic book (You need money instead).

Wolverine
    His tough guy attitude is just simply awesome but he is also a good dad figure to some younger persons. He shows that he can be extremely badass when he wants to, but also very caring when it comes to it. And he also kicks ass.

Hulk
    Bruce Banner is just a skinny scientist who probably can't steal a candy from a baby. But that changes when he becomes the indestructible Hulk. A small weak scientist can become the most overwhelming force of destruction that even the Avengers had to work together just to take him down in World War Hulk. And the more he gets angry, the more stronger he becomes.

Spiderman
    he was just a normal high school student who kept getting bullied and his life COMPLETELY changed when he got bitten by a radioactive spider. Just like Bruce Banner, he became super strong, super agile and his smartness helped him enhance his powers by making his own web also. Also, Spidey is freakin' awesome and pulls off awesome one liners.

I'm too lazy to do the super villains right now ;~;

Years
  • Wolverine and Batman have been mentioned twice already so I won't go too much into detail with those. I believe they each have the best backstories in the comics business and both their powers are interesting, Batman's due to the lack of them and its resulting vulnerability, Wolverine's because of how the steel skeleton was obtained and the uniqueness of his power. I think my points are reflected in the their films, as both have had good film series recently.

Joker is certainly a good villain in almost all portrayals of him, but Heath Ledger's and Mark Hamill's in the Arkham games are great examples of what this character can become. I don't think there's a facet of this character I don't like, I love his insanity, his mysterious upbringing, everything.

Spiderman doesn't have anything particularly special about him, but most of his comics write him to be quite funny at times and his villains interest me. I think the humour I like from his character is set to be used a lot in the newer film series in comparison to the previous trilogy. Plus his Iron Spider costume is aaaawesome.

Besides looking awesome, I love the original story arc of Silver Surfer. His great dilemma between fulfilling his contract with Galactus to keep his planet alive or saving a planet which finds itself in a similar situation to his own. Unlike what I've said about most of the other characters, the film adaptation of this was pretty disappointing.

Venom and Carnage are also pretty great villains and I love a lot of the symbiote storylines in Spiderman. The version most people will have read/seen with Parker being consumed by it before Eddie Brock accepts the symbiote also is still a pretty good storyline imo. I also love follow on stories involving Carnage due to the complete insanity of Cletus Kasady and the usual three way fight between the two villains and Spiderman. Plus once again both of these also look pretty great design wise.

I could probably go on forever but I'll leave it there before it gets out of hand.

Years
  • It's kind of hard to pick a few favorites, but I'll try.

First one that comes to mind is Rogue from the X-Men series of comics. As much as it was always fun to think of yourself as Superman or Batman or someone who could do all kinds of wondrous things, Rogue was probably the first hero I encountered who began to deconstruct that idea. She was a hero, could fly and punch bad guys, but she couldn't touch people without hurting them. She had to deal with that as well as fighting villains. It made her so much more interesting and relatable. It's not a unique thing to see superheroes with downsides to their roles as heroes, but this character is more important to me. Plus she has attitude and is cooler than most superheroes.

And, actually, I can't really put my finger on any others at the moment so I'm just gonna stop with one.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I know it's lame, but I've always loved Terra from Teen Titans, so I guess she's my favorite superhero. And I don't even know why I like this character so much :U

I also really like Starfire for being adorbs <3

I remember thinking Artemis from YJ was pretty cool, but I haven't seen it in forever. The show took itself too seriously and I didn't like many of the chars but I remember her being pretty badass.

Hm... who else? If there were any lion-based superheroes they would probably become one of my faves.

Oh wait does the Avatar count as a superhero?

As for villains, Harley Quinn has got to have the coolest design of any of them. She deserves every ounce of her popularity :D

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    Heroes:
    Depends on what you consider Deadpool (I guess I'll consider him as a hero), but I must say that I have to love his insanity and his ability to be completely oblivious to what's going on just to crack a cheap joke or two. His sense of humor (or reality) is always hilarious to me and it is something I always looked forward to.

Villains:
    I must agree with Shamol and Nuke with the decision of Joker as an amazing hero. His mysterious and sad past, how easily he can kill and laugh about it, how dangerous this one man without any conventional super powers, how relentless and persistent he can be, and his unique weapons.

On the other hand, I must truly say that I dislike superman for reasons that seem obvious to me although I don't mind if anyone feels strongly the opposite way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    My favorite super heroes is captain falcon.. just because of his voice in SSB..

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • For superheroes I really liked Spiderman and I love Deadpools humor.

I don't really have a favorite villain but I always found Dr. Doom pretty coolio. :)

I was wondering why Victor Von Doom's name took so long to surface! He's hands down one of the greatest supervillains in all of Marvel, probably including DC as well. Thing is, the horrible FF4 movie ruined the character for those uninitiated in the comics. In the comics, his character ranges all over the place, especially the dark background story and conquering Latveria.

I know the "evil genius" idea of a superhero is kinda overrated- possibly one of the reasons why we like Joker so much- but I think Dr. Doom sets a new standard altogether.

Also, who doesn't like deadpool?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hawkeye is one of my favorite superheroes. He used to be a criminal, but certain events have caused him to turn into a hero. Through the help of Swordsman and Trickshot, he was able to become a master at archery. He's even led the Avengers in a few of their missions in the past. As for my favorite villain, it's gotta be Joker. Most villains cause chaos just because they want to be rich and take control of the world, but for him, it's not about that. He does it only because he loves it. It's his hobby. He's willing to hurt anyone that tries to stop him from doing his job, doesn't matter if they're good or bad.

Years
  • I was wondering why Victor Von Doom's name took so long to surface! He's hands down one of the greatest supervillains in all of Marvel, probably including DC as well.

I dunno. Getting your butt kicked by Squirrel Girl kinda takes you down a few rungs on the Cool Villainry ladder, I think.

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Batman: Just look at him; enough said.

Deadpool: I enjoy insane characters, and the Merc with the Mouth is no exception. You just gotta love his 4th wall-breaking jokes and the ridiculous stunts he's pulled off.

The Joker: No comic book villain has ever been so devious this killer clown has brought out in a life of crime. Both Mark Hamill and Hedge Ledger made the best performances as the Joker.

Wolverine: He's the best at what he does, and what he does isn't very nice. Adamantium claws are possibly the best superpowers ever. Too bad a parody video shows that said superpowers are also very dangerous if you don't have a healing factor.

Dr. Doom: He's one of the few typical "evil genius" characters who has proven himself to be a prominent threat in the Marvel universe, having to rule an entire country and managed to take over the world a few times over. Victor Von Doom is a total boss.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not all that into superheroes or villains, haven't seen the Avengers or many of the other movies, but from what I can tell, that Batman guy is pretty chill. If I had to pick a villain it'd be Sandman (I think that's a villain haha). Concept is pretty interesting.

Semi-related, I hate RDJ. Thus I hate Iron Man.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Despite my knack of calling upon Superman to represent my former name, Spider-Man actually stands as my favorite superhero. I've always felt like I related the most to Spider-Man and even more so Peter Parker growing up. He represented both the person I was and the person I wanted to be. I also admired his sassy behavior as Spider-Man.

Following my admiration for Spider-Man would probably be Robin / Nightwing and Roy Harper's Red Arrow. Mostly because of their cool factor and they were always two of my favorite sidekicks next to their titled heroes.

An honorable mention goes to The Incredible Hulk. He was another one of my favorites as a kid and I loved the cartoon series they had about him back then. Joss Whedon reignited that flame with the amazing work he did using Hulk in The Avengers. He did what the last Hulk movies failed to do.

Years
  • Do I really need to spell it out? Anybody who knows me, knows which two I'll pick.

Batman & Superman. Both hold special places in my heart, for a multitude of reasons. I can empathize with both of their origin stories, and with parts of their character. I've been a big fan since I was an infant essentially, so like, nearly 20 years. I would run around with a red sheet on like cape, and I would usually be either one of them for Halloween.

Honorable mentions go out to Iron Man, Thor, and Green Lantern.

As for Villians, pretty much any/all of the big DC villians. Darkseid, Braniac, Lex Luthor, the Joker, Bane, Raz Al Ghul, etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My favorite is Rogue for all reasons Scarf mentioned. I loved X-Men as a kid, and she made it better. And I used Rogue in the staff superhero colalb earlier in the year. For obvious reasons. lol

Back