• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Opening Theme Song?

Years
  • I know that this question has been asked a number of times in the past, but which is your favourite opening theme? Also, feel free to discuss your least favourite themes.

Mine would be the Battle Frontier theme. I just love that music! Another one would be Unbeatable. The B/W Japanese theme song was also pretty good. I'd love it if they kept the music for the dub as well!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    My all time favourite would have to be "SPURT!" (Japanese Battle Frontier Opening)

Great Lyrics, very catchy and I loved have they used practically every Pokémon Ash has caught/befriended in his previous travels. Including Primeape and Larvitar.

Secondly would be the english version, I have the full version from "Pokémon X" somewhere on my IPod.

Third
    would be"I wanna to be a hero" I love singing along to it. :3

---> Not quite too sure where the new Best Wishes opening would go yet, but it's close to SPURT... I love the lyrics, it fits the whole new region thing perfectly:
    "This Place is new, the scent of the wind is new mm...
    What isn't new is the pounding of my heart..."

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Oo the unbeatable one for the Battle Frontier is killer, it used to always get stuck in my head. But the original one is...well, original and honestly, who doesn't know all the words? ...or at least some of them xP

Years
  • Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Oooh I don't know much Japanese ones but every new English one that comes out becomes my favourite. But really I like the Battle Frontier english one the best I should think, it's that 3rd generation my favourite is in.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I have 2 favorite openings: Advanced Battle "Unbeatable" and Battle Dimension "We Will Be Heroes," probably the best theme song in the entire DP saga.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Born To Be A Winner
    Believe in Me
    I Wanna Be a Hero
    This Dream
    Unbeatable
    Battle Frontier

I just really really love all of these for some reason.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Here are the openings that I enjoy. I don't remember the actual song names so I just put the series name in order instead.

~Opening 4(Johto League Champions opening)
    ~Pokemon Advance(Opening 6)
    ~Master Quest opening
    ~Pokemon Advance challenge
    ~Born to be a winner

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    - I wanna be the very best
    - We all live in a Pokemon world
    - It's a whole new world we live in
    - Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos opening
    - I wanna be a hiiro (only visuals, though)

Those are my main favourites. Two of the DPPt ones are nice. But I'm a fan of originals. B/W's anime better be freaking awesome.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I'll rank them all since I just feel like doing so.

1: Battle Cry/Stand Up
    2: I Wanna Be A Hero
    3: We Will Be Heroes
    4: Believe In Me
    5: Unbeatable
    6: This Dream
    7: We Will Carry On
    8: Original Theme
    9: Born To Be a Winner
    10: Battle Frontier
    11: Diamond and Pearl
    12: Pokemon Johto
    13: Pokemon World

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • (note I dont know japanese and make my judgements based off whats in english.)

1. I want to be a hero (advanced generation)

2. Advanced battle (later on in hoenn) (Unbeatable!)

3.We will be heros (early-middle sinnoh)

4. Original

5. Galactic battles

6. Born to be a winner! (johto theme that goes through whirl islands and plays durring movie 2000)

7. Battle frontier

8. master quest

9. johto theme

10.last place cant decide with: we all live in a pokemon world, DP original theme and Sinnoh league victors.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Oy, its a 3 way tie between Born to be a Winner (4th), I want to be a Hero(6th), and This Dream(7th).

:\ and now im tempted to download the openings and put them on my iphone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The original theme song and We All Live in a Pokemon World. :D /needs to learn the names lol

Back