• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
Years
  • Nintendo. Oh my goodness, I really sad remembering the old day that was. I used to love Mario and Megaman that day with my brothers and sisters. My first hand-held console was Game Boy Advance. My...What a memories. I...Really having a good time playing Zelda in my GBA...Its a good memories and kinda make me wanna cry remember it. But happy cry it is. I'll never ever forget those moments when my mother bought it just for me. I remember when that time I broke my GBA. Hahahaha! What a memories. Now I have Wii. I really learn something not to break anything precious I have. Yeah, really...precious...

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • My first console was Gameboy Colour, which of course I bought to play my first game, Pokemon Blue. xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • ...I am not sure...

Either a PS2, PS1 or Nintendo...all I know is my brother already had a PS2/1 When I was born and my Dad had a Nintendo
    But I KNOW my first handheld was a GBA SP, got it when I was 5 in...like 2003
    I got a DS lite the xmas after I ripped my GBA SP in half...I was getting a little mad at Roxanne(I think) XD (don't remember why...)

Currently I have a DS lite(teh limited edition 2007 pokemon one!), a PS2, a PS1, a GBA SP and a Wii...I think that's it.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    The first I played was the original Game Boy, but the first I owned was the Nintendo GameCube. :b

Years
  • I played my Aunt's SNES all the time when I was a kid, but the first console I owned was an N64, as something to do while my leg was broken for a few months.

If handhelds count, I had a Game Boy Color before my N64.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    It was... a Game boy advance. I didn't have much interest in it until I got Emerald, which I played it almost every... day. I remember showing off my Gardevoir that I had trained so much. I wasn't a fan of video games until about 2002, when all the more advanced had come out. But Nintendo and 64 are classics so you can never replace them. After gba i got gamecube, then soon ps2.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
  • First one I ever played? SNES. Oh man, Mario Paint...

First one I ever owned myself was a GBA. And if you're not counting handhelds, then well, it was the "family" PS1 I inherited after we got a PS2. (Which is mine now as well. xD)

Last edited:

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • The first game system I played was my parents' old Atari, I don't remember what sort of model that the Atari was, though. I may need to find and dig it out again in order to figure that out.

But the Super NES was the first actual game system that I owned myself and didn't belong to my parents.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    My first console was an original Game Boy. For those of you too young to remember, the original Game Boy was heavier than an average brick, required more electricity than a Welsh village, and had 4 colors, all of which were green. And we were HAPPY then, dagnabit!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It was a GameBoy Advance SP (back when they were 170$) but I still play Atari2600 games on my DS.

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I think it was the PS2. I got it at around age 7 and I still remember the day. We got it for no absolute reason while shopping at a Costco.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Whoa, I made it just in time.

The first console I actually played was the Super NES with Super Mario World. My first console was the PS1 like I said, and but my first gaming system was the Gameboy Color if I recall correctly.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I'm closing this. It's less than a day away from the limit, which is close enough that the discussion won't be relevant anymore; use the other if you want to post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back