• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your first pokemon game

Years
    My first Pokémon game was Pokémon Red. I got it when I was five for Christmas. The first time I played through I never knew how to catch Pokémon until I was in Vermillion, so at that point I had just a level 40 Charizard and something else. Coincidentally enough my Charmander evolved into Charmeleon after beating Brock and into Charizard after beating Misty so I had the belief that Pokémon evolved after beating gym leaders.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel old.

My first game was Pokemon Blue when I was eleven-years-old. I didn't know about version exclusives. I just picked Blue because I liked the color more than Red. Yet my first Pokemon was Charmander. But I was still happy because I could catch Meowth and Sandshrew while I wouldn't be able to in Red.

I spent so many days playing that game on the giant gray GameBoy brick.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    pokemon stadium for the n64. They had a demo set up at a blockbuster that i went to alot, and I wound up getting hooked. Red version soon followed so I wouldnt need to rely on the rental pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    My very first was Blue. I will go ahead and tell you the rest as well.

1st Blue
    2nd Yellow
    3rd Red
    4th Gold
    5th Silver
    6th Crystal
    7th Ruby
    8th Sapphire
    9th Emerald
    10th FireRed
    1th Diamond
    12th HeartGold
    13th White
    14th Black

I never really owned N64/Gamecube/and Wii games. I have always rinted them. I only owned 1 of the Rescue Team games and that was Blue. Cant remeber when I had it tho.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    My first was Sapphire back when I was about 7/8. :p

As I recall, I lost it before I got to Sootopolis to catch Kyogre. :p
    Oh, and I pretty much used my Swampert all the time.

This seems to be a pattern, back when I was a kid, I seemed to not want to battle the final gym leader and thus was stuck with 7 badges. :p

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    yellow when i was like 7. easy game really. I think i broke my bros yellw, but he said he saw glitch pokemon before i went on it, so we dont know. he had a level 83 pikachu called puka. luckily saved in set on stadium ad stadium 2. thank god for them

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If you're talking about the side games, then it's Red Rescue Team. I LOVED IT. I was a charzard (Back then when i though it was cool.)

If you're talking about the main games, it was emerald. I will be soon playing that game again on a DS phat.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    My first Pokémon game was Blue. I don't remember how old I was, but they hadn't been out for long. I'm happy to say that I still have my cartridge.

Years
    My first Pokémon game was Yellow. I still remember the joy of coming home and beginning my journey. Little did I know it would be a lot longer than just catching those original 151.

I still have my copy with the original save data. It's in my GBA sitting on my dresser. I think I may fire it up now.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    My first game was Red back in 1999, and I am quite proud to be a genuine, old-school veteran of the fandom. ;)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    Sadly, my first was Platinum that was a easter gift, god i remember that morning, like 5:00 in the morning, we were about to go to sunrise service at church, and i looked in the easter basket, and there was Pokemon Platinum!!!!!!

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    Sadly, my first was Platinum that was a easter gift, god i remember that morning, like 5:00 in the morning, we were about to go to sunrise service at church, and i looked in the easter basket, and there was Pokemon Platinum!!!!!!

New fans have it easy...I remember the time when if you wanted to trade and you didn't have a Pokemon-playing friend in reasonable travel distance, you were out of luck. Now you just put something on the Global Trade Station and all the work is done for you. :pirate:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Pokemon Yellow!
    -Is an old time veteran now and is proud I'm still with Pokemon till recent generation-

Back