• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Your first shiny in the Galor region?

Years
    So I ran into a shiny Pancham... first one in this game for me...and it lets off the squares! I freaked the hell out at that, never having truly caught a shiny before, my dad had better rng chances than I did for some reason. I am curious, what was the first shiny you caught/hatched in the Galor region?
    Oh, her name is Pinap, and it's in a nuzlocke, so I'm being extra careful with her.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    So I ran into a shiny Pancham... first one in this game for me...and it lets off the squares! I freaked the hell out at that, never having truly caught a shiny before, my dad had better rng chances than I did for some reason. I am curious, what was the first shiny you caught/hatched in the Galor region?
    Oh, her name is Pinap, and it's in a nuzlocke, so I'm being extra careful with her.

If I got a shiny in a nuzlocke, I would just put it in the pc or transfer to another account

My first shiny in galar was a male ralts I evolved into a gallade. I named him Blue.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    A random shiny Yamask I got from hatching an egg, wasn't even trying to hatch a shiny either. My only other Galar shinies came from Dynamax Adventures.

Years
    I found a shiny solrock out of no where when i was just wondering around the wild area, trying to catch a solrock for my dex, i'm very happy that it was my first shiny though cuz i really like solrock!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    My first one from dumb luck (not counting raid events or joining someone else's shiny raid) was a Raid Amoongus. I shared it with some people on the discord and all, was neat.

And then a month later they released an event Shiny one. :v

chocomiru

Banned
    Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    I found a shiny solrock out of no where when i was just wondering around the wild area, trying to catch a solrock for my dex, i'm very happy that it was my first shiny though cuz i really like solrock!
    That's so cool! My first shiny was a Solrock too! But that was back in Gen 3, lol
    I found a shiny Wingull in Galar!

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
    For me it was Shiny Zigzagoon :3

For some reason I felt the urge to shiny hunt it so that's exactly what I did, it was a daunting experience but in the end I got it and named him Ziggy :3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I'd been trying to hunt a Shiny Snom, but I accidentally stumbled into the wrong route after a trip back to Circhester. I noticed a glowing fishing spot though and decided to check it out before turning back, landing a Shiny Wishiwashi!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    I'm a bit behind from everyone's shiny hunt because I only got the game this past holiday season (and even then there were straight weeks checking in on the Bargain Market to get a Chipped Pot because the Sinistea on my team was an antique and nothing else because I feared getting overleveled when I wanted to stay in a certain range for the game's story... yeah), but the point being that this Valentine's raid event was one of the first shiny opportunities I've had so far and I'm happy to say I was able to get myself a shiny Alcremie earlier today.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    First shiny was a random encounter Pangoro I stumbled into, lmao.

Years
    My first shiny was a GMax Snorlax raid that I randomly joined from the Ycomm. I was so hyped even though it's just a slightly deeper shade of blue.
    My only encounter based shiny that I've got from SW/SH was a shiny Arrokuda I accidentally ran into while I was running to a raid on the Isle of Armor

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
    I fished up a shiny Magikarp entirely by chance well before I got my shiny charm! I was so delighted, I named it Nugget and I love it a lot.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    My first shiny was hatching a Hatenna after a few eggs. I jumped up really quick haha. I hadn't found a shiny in several years...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    my first shiny was actually the very first encounter i had in the crown tundra, a shiny cryogonal. i clipped it too thankfully aha. would have preferred something more interesting, but a shiny is a shiny. (:

Back