• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrifuzz

My first shiny was my shiny Kyogre :) I soft-resetted for it. Then, in Pearl, I found my first and only random-encounter shiny, a Shellos. Not a very cool shiny, but still a shiny nonetheless. I've gone on to obtain a shiny Ponyta, Ralts, and a Duskull, which are 3 of my favorite shinies :)

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Ahhh, I remember the day firmly. Me, a young kid scanning the GTS. Their he was. A level 21 Shiny Mightyena for a Carnivine, level 50. I traded and I still have Mightyena today.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Pichu in the Trophy Garden in Pokemon Platinum. Then it was a Shiny Umbreon on HG/SS. I was so excited to get my first Shiny.

QuilavaZ

Dragon & Water Type Trainer
    Years
  • HAHA.
    I'm so happy I found this thread. I was playing Emerald, and I found a Shiny Abra in Granite Cave! Granite Cave, around the second gym, and I already find a shiny! And I did catch it.
    In contrast, I have been playing Platinum for 76 hours straight and have not found a single shiny, except for a shiny Salamence I got from an online trade.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • My first shiny i got on my own was from steven in SS when i got my mudkip:) i went to go look at it in the summary saw it was shiny and started freaking out XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Magikarp. XD; I guess it was ~magical~ if you consider myself saying deeerp throughout the battle. n__n

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I think mine was a Pinsir, back in Silver at the Bug-Catching competition. Needless to say, I couldn't catch it.

Actually I don't remember if I caught it or not. And if I did, I still would've lost the competition to a Metapod or something. xD

Years
  • My first shiny was a shiny Bidoof in Platinum (which I am not proud of... T_T). But before that, I had encountered a shiny Shinx, but being the negative person that I am, I predicted that whatever move I made on it would be a critical hit. And guess what? I used Tackle, it was a critical hit, and the Shinx fainted. u_u

Then after all that, I encountered a shiny Shellos. I was too scared to make any mistakes with using my more "powerful" moves, so I just used Tackle a bit, until its HP was yellow. I didn't think that was enough, so I used Tackle one more time... critical hit. (I'm sure you know what happened after that >.>)

So all I have so far is a shiny Bidoof and that shiny Gyarados from HeartGold. *sigh*
    I REALLY wanted that shiny Shinx. =/

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2015
    a shiny pidgey, I didn't catch it though. My friend took two steps into the grass and the very first pokemon he encountered in the entire game was that pidgey and I paid him five bucks for him to trade it to me. ^-^

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I came across my first shiny today, and my luck played an awesome part in this.

It was a shiny geodude; I tried to catch it, but it used explosion. XD

I was quite upset.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I hope I get a shiny soon... that would be epic. I do have a funny story to tell you from my friend. He started a file on his HG Rom shortly after the English patch came out. The first pokemon he found was a shiny Sentret. Unfortunately, you don't have any pokeballs at that point in the game... sucks for him.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • my first shiny was a goldbat in emerald while i was going to catch rayquaza
    :D

You spelt Golbat wrong but thank Arceus you only put one smiley this time -_-

My first Shiny? Well, that depends. The first shiny I caught was red Gyarados in my friends Pokemon Crystal. I found a few shiny Abra in my Pokemon Sapphire, however I never noticed the difference, so I never caught them, nor tried. Then, I was traded the above posters Claydol and Linoone to my Firered - both were shiny. However, the first shiny I actually caught myself, for myself was a shiny Minun in Pokemon Emerald. And I probably would never even have caught it if it hadn't paralyzed my Synchronize Abra. Then I got shiny Anorith in Pokemon Sapphire from a fossil, shiny Ponyta in Pokemon DIamond, and I found a shiny Kakuna in Pokemon SoulSilver while doing the notched ear Pichu event, however, stupidly before, I tried to catch Lugia using other Pokeballs, and eventually ended up running out and using my Master Ball. So yeah, I never had the balls to catch Kakuna :(

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    My first shiny was a Nidoran♀ back in Gold Version. Unfortunately, I didn't know how rare shinies were, and I also abused Gameshark quite a bit back then, so I reset the file without trading it to another cartridge soon after thinking it was nothing special. :[

Years
  • My first ever Shiny Pokemon I caught legit in the wild... that Lv. 9 Buziel when I was trying to find an Elekid at Valley Windworks one day. This time, I caught it and it didn't kill itself before I caught it. That's what happened to a Shuppet I tried to catch in Pokemon Sapphire. >< It used Curse and killed itself after I whittled its HP down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back