• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
  • Got my shiny charm over the weekend and have so far managed to find a shiny Chatot (while randomly running through a patch of grass) and then shiny Wartortle, Gabite and Ponyta while hunting in the Friend Safari. :)

I've never really liked Chatot but I find myself thinking that the shiny one is really pretty. :P
    Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Got my shiny charm over the weekend and have so far managed to find a shiny Chatot (while randomly running through a patch of grass) and then shiny Wartortle, Gabite and Ponyta while hunting in the Friend Safari. :)

I've never really liked Chatot but I find myself thinking that the shiny one is really pretty. :P
    I love Chatot for some unexplained reason... It needs a mega-evolution :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ran into another shiny Litleo earlier today, and caught it because, well, why not? So far, I have two shiny Litleo. Would've had three, but couldn't catch one as I accidentally made it faint. It's okay, though--not a big deal.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Hatched a shiny Fletchling purely by chance. I was even more excited because the parents were 31/31/31/xx/xx/31 and 31/xx/31/31/31/xx and they both had Gale Wings, and the previous babies had hatched with 4+ IVs and Gale Wings. Unfortunately for me he only has 31/31/31/xx/xx/xx and Big Pecks. :( Still, I'm keeping him because he's my first XY shiny. :))

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I found a shiny female kirlia the other day. It has good sp atck and good defense but terrible pecial defense( but I have ways around that.), it's now an awesome mega gardevoir named black widow.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I managed to get a shiny Relicanth and whatever the middle form of the Haxorus chain (don't remember name) which is now a black haxorus for pretty un-noteworthy stuff like an evolved Inkay on the GTS.
    Might keep Haxorus even though it has no perfect IVs or anything but its powerful enough for 1 hit false swiping in friend safari
    Got a Heatran for the blue relicanth from a passerby trade

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    while on a bus heading home from work, I randomly decided to try poke-radar chaining. the first pkmn that appeared that i would be chaining was a doduo. I was about to restart the game, but then felt too lazy to put a repel again after I load the game back, so I went on with it. 7 chains later, a shiny patch of grass appeared, and voila, I caught a shiny Doduo that I'll never, for the life of me, be using.

aw well, it at least made me happy, knowing that I still have some luck on getting shinies. :D

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Super pumped that I just caught my first shiny in X/Y!

While trying to fill my pokedex I stumbled across a Quagsire shiny. Not my favorite character, but all shinies are good ones! Love that purple skin, he looks like Grimace.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I actually managed to caught shiny Absol and Croagunk on the other day. Yesterday I tried to chain for Bagon, Flabébe, Golett, Hawlucha, Sigiglyph, Swirlix and a bunch of others too but chains always broke when I got to 30. Still, not going to give up yet on those because I really want them all and it's a nice change to all that slow EV training that I've been doing so much already. Plus since PokéBank game out I managed to transfer all my shiny and legendary Pokémon finally to X-version and I'm so much closer now to completing Pokédex. Have to say, my shiny Alamos City event Darkrai looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL on Pokémon Amie! :3

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • while on a bus heading home from work, I randomly decided to try poke-radar chaining. the first pkmn that appeared that i would be chaining was a doduo. I was about to restart the game, but then felt too lazy to put a repel again after I load the game back, so I went on with it. 7 chains later, a shiny patch of grass appeared, and voila, I caught a shiny Doduo that I'll never, for the life of me, be using.

aw well, it at least made me happy, knowing that I still have some luck on getting shinies. :D
    I have terrible luck with the chaining. No matter how well I do, it never pans out. I believe I've worked up to the 20s or so. I don't really keep track.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have terrible luck with the chaining. No matter how well I do, it never pans out. I believe I've worked up to the 20s or so. I don't really keep track.

the only things I keep in mind of radar-chaining are: (1) always go to a very strong shaking grass, (2) don't go to the grass if they are inside the 3-tile radius of your character, (3)don't go to the bordering grass, and (4) don't go to the grass if the shaky grass has a neighboring shaky grass.
    and a bonus rule: don't radar-chain if you're sleepy. the shaky grasses becomes a blur. >.>

:3

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Ever since I broke the seal on X/Y by bringing in my Red Gyrados from HG, I've been on a mini shiny spree.

I already posted about my first X/Y shiny encounter with Quagsire, and shortly after stumbled across a shiny Geodude in a horde (lucked out that none of the other Geodudes used Magnitude or he would've been goneeee). Then I was graced with two shinies in Wonder Trade: a level 100 shiny Lugia and a shiny Sandslash.

I'm kind of skeptical about my wonder traded shinies. I'm thinking they may have been hacked (since the bank has really failed on its hack-checking), but I'm just happy to have received some shinies from some very kind people out there.

I still don't have the shiny charm but my luck over the past 2 days has changed drastically.

Years
  • Damn, this is like the only thread I post in anymore, eheh...
    Well, update time, just caught a shiny Pawniard in Friend Safari with Adamant nature!
    Bisharp is a really cool-looking 'mon and he is steel-type so chances are I'll be using her!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i caught a shiny fletchinder the other day in the friend safari. i was watching some chuggaconroy videos and i heard the "dododododododo and *chuh-shing pich" sound and i freaked out! lol it looks so beautiful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    My shinies in X (caught, transferred, bred, traded for) are
    Lv. 83 male Absol
    Lv. 90 male Umbreon
    Lv. 30 male Stantler
    Lv. 36 n/a Mew
    (can't remember these levels)
    Male Gible
    Male Gyrados

And I accidentally traded off a shiny Octillery on the gts for a female Forretress (I don't even use female pokemon~)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I went on my first shiny hunting spree this week, and it was pretty productive, although I'm bored to death of shiny hunting now. I have 20 shinies in total, which you can see in my signature. The ones up to Floatzel were found by pure chance, then Floatzel I got in a trade, Garchomp I transferred over, and all the ones after that were from my hunting expedition.

Years
  • I tried chain fishing for shinies but after 3 trillion hours of it I gave up. I was going into Victory Road to level up a Pokémon - can't remember which - when all of a sudden, a horde of Geodude jumps me, one of them shiny. Think I ONLY had that one Pokémon at the time, so I carefully knocked each Geodude out. Let me tell you, never in my life has Magnetude been so scary D:

Back