• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your oldest Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Is there any Pokemon that you've kept throughout the generations?

This only works for generations 3+ as you are able to transfer Pokemon to future generations.

For me the oldest Pokemon I have is Groundon that I caught on my first ever play through of Pokemon Ruby in 2004. Followed by Crimson the Scizor that I got on Leafgreen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mine would probably have to be Metagross, which I got a hold of in my last (physical) run of Pokémon Emerald. It was one of my team members, and when I was done with Diamond and had gotten access to Pal Park, first thing I did was transfer them all over. Later, it was passed into Platinum, and eventually to Pokémon SoulSilver. When Black and White were released, I soon got it pulled in after completing story, and now, it's sitting in my Y version.

It's not my greatest Metagross (I've got another with perfect IVs and a nice nature), but this is definitely my oldest, and I love it dearly. Alongside, another of my oldest is probably Red Gyarados, which I got from SS. This isn't all too special for me, unfortunately, as it was event-based and didn't encounter the Pokémon randomly, but it still does count for something.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    Mine is the Linoone I caught in Sapphire in 2004. I also still have a Metagross, Latios, and Charizard that were all traded to me in the same year, but if memory serves, I got them a few months after catching Linoone, so he's technically the oldest.

All four of them are level 100 and were used in my Battle Frontier runs in Emerald. Linoone is currently in X, Latios and Metagross are in Black, and Charizard is in Diamond. I know for a fact that Latios was caught using an Action Replay, and Pokécheck has been able to detect this. I know Poké Transporter's hack checking isn't as effective or as thorough, but I'm still wondering if I'll be able to migrate him to Gen VI.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    It has to be a Milotic I have. I don't have any other Pokemon transferred to Gen 6 aside from her. Caught back at 2009 at Pearl, she's a dear Pokemon to my heart.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The oldest Pokemon I have is on X - my very first Pokemon ever, Sceptile. :] The second oldest one of mine that has a name is also on my X. It's my second starter, Blaziken! I haven't really used them, though. They're just.. there. And for playing with in Amie!

Years
    I don't have a Pokémon from Gen III all the way from back when the games were new, so my oldest Pokémon would be from my Pearl version which I still have from 2007. Yeah, I never really kept my Gen III saves, either that or I lost my old copies.

Years
    My Venasaur from Pokemon Leafgreen. I still to this day have him on one of my games. Although I would have to look around to find him. I like to transfer him alot. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    It would be my first starter from SS. He is a Meganium, and I ended up naming him Chicky. XD I just love him to bits! He was about lv 10 before the first rival battle! I was that in love with him that I ignored the frantic Prof to get him to the double digits. :) I bred him ONE TIME, and one time only, and his daughter got named Chicky II. Never any good at names back then. :3c Also, never truely raised a meganium past then, to honor him. He will also never leave his home of SS, because I don't ever want to go back to the game if he is not in it. :)

Years
    Is it was possible to transfer from my Gameboy Color I'd have a 16 year old Pikachu. Sadly, it is not. Therefore my oldest Pokemon is less than 12 months (I had a big gap between Pokemon games...).

Years
    My only one would be a level 100 Swampert from Emerald, that's it. I have some pokemon from BW in my BW2 but that barely counts, haha. I kept the Swampert because it was my first ever legit level 100 Pokemon.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    My oldest Pokemon is KRISAL the Sableye. I caught it in Sapphire and misspelled the nickname. I transfered her to Pearl and forgot she was there. When PokeBank came out, I sent her to Black 2 and then to X. She'll be back in her home region in Alpha Sapphire once it comes out.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'm the type of guy that reset his carts too much to have a really old pokemon. Maybe there is something old chilling in my Diamond or Platinum carts, but I doubt it to be honest. Maybe Edgeworth the Empoleon from my original Platinum is still around, which would be from 2009, so I guess five years is pretty old.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    A Blaziken and Gyarados from my very first run of Ruby are residing in my copy of Y. Aside from those two, I don't believe I have anyone older than them. Both of them should be eleven year old at this point.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
    That would have to be my Ninetales from Ruby, my Suicune from Colosseum, my Delcatty, Lugia & Dewgong from XD and most importantly my Vulpix - also from XD - which I basically drag from game to game to get all sorts of ribbons for. u^u too bad she has pretty bad nature but whatever - I love her anyway :''D
    I generally loved the Colosseum/XD games and feel sorry for having lost so many of it's pokémon over the years. :(

Back