• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your own Poké Ball!

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
  • (Lol I was thinking of making a thread about this. Beat me to it!)

Some of these aren't that great, but here goes...

Magma Ball: Effective on Fire types and Ground types.

Magnet Ball: Effective on Electric types and Steel types.

Rainbow Ball: Effective if the wild Pokemon shares one type with your own Pokemon. Extremely effective if it shares two types.

Lottery Ball: (Only received from doing the ID lottery thing) The catch rate is completely random, and will vary every time you use it.

Baby Ball: (Yes, horrible name) Catch rate depends on evolution stage, with the highest catch rate being the base evolution.

Weakness Ball: The catch rate is determined based on the wild Pokemon's type weakness' (The more weakness' the better the catch rate)

These aren't really new balls, but changes I would make to old ones:

Poke Balls: Slightly more effective on legendaries (YES!)

Premier Balls: Slightly more effective on Shinies (YES YES!)

Ok, those are a little overpowered, but oh well... :)
    :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Masuda Ball - small (1%) chance of captured Pokemon becoming shiny, or egg hatching shiny

Breed Ball - allows any Pokemon captured with it to breed with a Ditto from another region

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • One of the balls I'd make
    Feather Ball- Allows trainers to catch wild Pokemon, but works better on lighter Pokemon, similar to the Heavy Ball.
    Catch rate:
    +40 if weight of Pokemon is between 0 and 55.1 lbs.
    +30 if weight of Pokemon is between 55.2 and 110.2 lbs.
    +20 if weight of Pokemon is between 110.3 and 220.5 lbs.
    +10 if weight of Pokemon is between 220.6 and 451.5 lbs.
    -20 if weight of Pokemon is 451.6 lbs or higher.

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
    Years
  • Here is a ball for ya

System Ball - normal catch rate as pokeball but allows you with a few "limitations" to swap the pokemon inside the ball with a pokemon in your PC

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    My custom Pokeball would be Green top and Blue bottom. It would function similarly to a MasterBall, but it is called a Legendary Ball, and only catches Legendary Pokémon without failure, so if you try to catch a Non-Legendary, it will function as a normal PokeBall. It will also have a polar opposite, called the Normal Ball, which only catches normal, non-Legendary Pokémon. It will be Blue on top and Green on bottom.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Aside from the ones I've mentioned in my previous post, I'd also make something called "Vision Ball." If you capture psychic-type Pokémon with it, it'd help make it easier for you to EV-train. I would create "Sensor Ball" as well, which does the same, exact thing, but only for steel and electric-types. :]

Back