• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Pokecommunity History

Years
  • I haven't done much really and haven't been here for very long but it goes something like this

>Joined in MAy 2012 with my current username to pursue a fan game project.
    >Posted a thread for said project and begun working on it.
    >Met Niknaks, Dreamcatcher and Vato/EliteBeats through said project (I mention this as these were the first PC friends I made).
    >Became inactive for a month or so bar the occasional foray to my project thread.
    >Project died out, but I had started to venture into the other forums and became interested in the RPC.
    >I posted my first RP which died pretty quickly despite being quite popular initially (I guess).
    >I continued to remain active but primarily in the RPC.
    >Started getting more involved in other areas also.
    >Started becoming more sociable talking a lot with people like Lokiepie, Red's Hot Chibi Pelippers, Scyke, EliteBeats, ChiliDawgs, Avishka and ShadowExcadrill. Paired to Lokiepie and EliteBeats (nemeses with Shadow haha)
    >Activity in D&D started to dwindle, still kept up everywhere else though.
    >More or less took over the RPC for a while.
    >Grew "secret" modding aspirations
    >Started up work on project again
    >Dicovered the server

Honestly this is just a really drawn out way of saying "I have met some cool people, RPed more than is healthy and intend to stick around for a long time"

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I joined PC because it was the only pokémon forum I liked back in 2010. I've pretty much been a lurker for most of my life here and it's only really until 2013 I feel I've been very active due to my interest in Pokémon waning in the few years yet the release of B2/W2 and X/Y sparked my interest into Pokémon after my dissatisfaction with B/W.

Don't have a very interesting history with PC that much, but I do feel that the time I've spent here has been well spent.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • 2009 - Joined after I discovered forums existed. I wanted to find a place an community where I could openly discuss some of my hobbies, interests and passions; Pokemon being the primary one at the time. When I first joined I was a massive noob. I hung around for a bit and decided to post around, mainly in Pokemon General.

2010 - I still posted around PC but less frequently, I can't remember much back in 'o 10.

2011 - I left PC because I lost interest in the community

2012 - 2012 was the beginning of the best time here. I remember it all beginning when joined the Pokemon Clubs Chat that had just recently been organised. I remember meeting AlexOzzyCake for the first time, who laughed at me for forgetting the CSS code I wanted to use for my Grass Type Pokemon Club. He was an interesting person, certainly someone who I got along with, so I decided to pend more time in the chatroom. I then met Olli97, Sector Revenge, Meganium, ~kawaii~, Lady Gunner, Hybrid Trainer, Mac, TwilightBlade and a huge bunch of others whom I spent some of the best times with mucking around at #tpc. Myself and Ozzy got really close and so later on in the year we decided to get paired. I also got paired to the lovely ~kawaii~, not long after.

Around the time bobandbill got promoted to super moderator, I became interested in the gaming discussions of the community - particularly Fourth Generation Games (DS) [Now Fourth Generation Gaming]. I posted and contributed a lot around those parts and eventually got modded on September 12! From then on I've continued to have a blast.

As time elapsed, I drifted apart from my friends at #tpc, timezone restraints and schoolwork held us back from catching up and in some aspects we went our separate ways. However, I still consider every single one of them my best friends. Around that time I became interested in Minecraft and became good friends with Hiroshi Sotomura, and since then we've has some crazy times crafting and surviving in the world of Craftrum.

2013 - This year has been more of a quiet year, despite getting promoted to moderator at PC's battle server and helping out PC's social networking updates. I can definitely say I've come a long way from someone who was a complete nublet to (what I'd like to think) a good member. :) I've got to thank the community and my friends for such, but more importantly welcoming me into a community I probably won't ever want to leave.

TY

2011- Joined PC as a huge nub in the Trade Corner to trade, made a few friends there.

2012- Got into Other Trivia (now Forum Games), but soon i got inactive for a long time due to some problems with some people. End 2012 i returned into the Trade Corner again.

2013 - This is my year, starting horribly though with leaving Trade Corner, losing some friends, but i ventured into Forum Games, settled there and made a load of new friends (gimmepie, JNathan, BinaryPeaches, Gym Leader Rozu and many more...). Paired to three wonderful people and having a Arch Nemesis just cause i can. Got into the Showdown server not too long and im enjoying it a lot, leading to meeting more wonderful people of PC.

I guess i can say the last 2 months have been the most memorable months of my PC career :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I signed up when I was 11, because I had gotten banned from another website for somehow thinking the rules didn't apply to me. I decided to sign up for a Pokemon website because I loved Pokemon. I obviously still do.

I was particularly annoying during this time, especially when I was about 12 and got noticed. Just... ugh. No. My time commenting was hit or miss because my mom really monitored my internet usage at the time. I'm pretty sure the last time I logged onto that account was when I was 13 or 14.

I made another account when I was about 15/16, but lost interest.

Finally, I decided to come back yet again because I still like Pokemon and I get bored a lot, pretty much.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well imma copy gimmipie's format so here it goes.

>joined PC as an eleven/twelve year old (honestly can't remember) as an unknown username.
    >that kinda fell apart pretty quickly sigh

>remembered PC for some odd reason earlier this year.
    >decided to join for some odd reason
    >activity wasn't great at start
    >then found the RPC
    >joined first rp (Journeys Through Novia) and met gimmiepie
    >found secret writing skills
    >started joining other rps and met some other people including Elite, Red's, Skymin, WolfOfEve/DuskLucancy etc.
    >lurked on other sections as well meanwhile before finally being kinda active on the forum games
    >never touched the TGC section
    >immense activity on RPC at the start of my summer holidays
    >that kinda died out pretty quickly though
    >now I post wherever I want, though still am only properly active at RPC

And that's it. I think.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm gonna forget most of my time, so here are some highlights.

> Joined in 2009 after seeing pictures of Shiny Gold, downloaded that (and barely played it, to be honest).
    > Lasted a month or so, disappeared.

> Came back a few months later in a moment of boredom and started learning how to ROM Hack. Lasted a month or two then disappeared again.

> Tried a second time to come back, still didn't really venture out of the ROM Hacking section but I did try Game Development for all of a week! (Hurrah!)

> THIRD TIME LUCKY? I released another ROM Hack called Pokémon Sanctuary. Although the hack didn't go well I did get inspired to look in the RP section of pokécommunity and submitted my very first roleplay here... which didn't last long as I went inactive again.

> Number four! Christ alive. Am I here to stay? Who knows. It is now Late 2011 and I am working on Pokémon: Golden Oak. It's going well, I'm becoming quite adept at this, I prided myself on my mapping mostly. Work on that hack did slow, around that time I was exploring the world of PC a bit more - I become a hacking mentor, helping new arrivals find their feet, and ventured to places such as D&D as well as the Welcome Lounge. It was around this time that I first started talking to people like Megan and Andy (I believe?). I also recall really wanting to be a ROM Hacking/Emulation Moderator ;).

> So I went missing again, until around exam time at uni. I attempted my final ROM Hacking venture, but it didn't work out. I carried on roaming, eventually settling in the roleplay corner. It is now the summer of 2012 and I'm ready for a flurry of activity.
    > Roleplay: Danger on the S.S. Anne - I felt so accepted by the RPC after it set off like a spark, it was pretty successful and so fun to be a part of. Unfortunately died when people returned back to school in september (and I headed to do a PGCE).
    > Roleplay: Sword Art Online: Infinity - Managed to win an award during the roleplay awards, which was amazing. This was super too, but a lot more freeform - I managed to keep this open (barely) until the winter.

> Uni life caught up with me, and my streak of activity ended January 2013. However, I came back with a vengeance in May 2013 and went into full RP mode.
    > Game of Pokémon: A reasonable success for a comeback roleplay, lasted a few solid months.

> June 29th was the day I was asked to become co-moderator of the Roleplay Corner. At the time I didn't actually know what I was meant to be a moderator of, it was a confusing morning. Sadly the person who invited me to modship isn't around anymore.

> A few roleplays later, and after a quick account change, and here I am. Managing (just about) to juggle modship with a full time job amongst other things. I've met loads of people over my >4 year here and, thankfully, most of them are still around. I'm clinging to this place, and hope I get to keep it in my life a while longer.

Also everyone should go join the roleplay corner.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Joined to download Heart Gold

Checked out other forums

Posted in Pokemon Clubs

Won some event or something

Got modded in Pokemon Clubs

Quit quickly afterwards

Happy life of glorious inactivty

Pretttyyyyyy much

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • 2010: I was just another 11-year-old Pokemon fan. I wanted to make my own game so I delved into the world of emulation. Of course, I found the famous Pokemon ShinyGold hack, which can only be downloaded here at PC. I made an account just to play it, but soon after, I discovered that there was a hub for what we call "ROM hackers". So I joined the forum and had fun experiencing the tools and tutorials to making my hack.

I met lots of online friends and had a lot of fun. I kissed-up to the staffers and all that junk and wanted to be a moderator too (I mean, who didn't want to be one at some point?). Obviously, I was young and noobish and that wouldn't have had happen anyway. I'd say my first year at PC was my most productive year where I participated and posted as much as I could have, hosting and participating in many get-togethers.

2011: I focused more on ROM hacking then the site as a whole, I think... I created some decent hacks that (sadly) never released a final patch, although I had some alpha/beta with somewhat decent scriptings but short events you can still play them if you know where to look, I'm pretty sure. I'd say it was this year that I truly wanted to be a Emulation moderator and focused a whole ton on that forum, trying my best to please the staffers (giradialkia, colcolstyles). But once September rolled along, I started middle school and so it was a huge new experience for me, where I had to neglect my internet life to focus on my offline-social life (which I must say was an amazing time for me). This continued throughout...

2012: ...here. Where I became very inactive. Most of my friends here on PC / other Pokemon forums thought I left and was dead to their world (which I must admit, I sort of was). But school and offline friends were a priority to me (which is why I quit ROM hacking, which was depriving me of time). I guess in the summer I became a little more active once again, but when 8th grade rolled along inactivity rose for me on PC once again. Of course, I dropped by and logged in just to see if I got notifications (which I did) and posted on threads that intrigued me, but I wasn't really interested in Pokemon or participating in that many events anymore.

2013: Still in 8th grade, I had no time for PC. Once summer came along, again, I tried my best to come on PC but I disconnected with all my friends on here so there wasn't really a reason to be on here anymore (I barely participated in this year's get-together, ahhh). This summer was really a blur for me. Now I'm in high school, a freshman. School is a new experience, that's for sure. I can't say I hate it nor enjoy it. Only one month out of ten months of school have barely passed though, so I'm hoping it gets more interesting. I can't promise I'll be active on PC anymore.

So I'll still drop by every so often, but I bet by the time I'm a senior I won't even bother logging in on here (sad but true). I'll still think of PC, of course, but my lack in Pokemon asks me why I should be here, especially when I don't talk with anyone on this site anymore. I missed my times at PC, and I hope the best for this site as I slowly take my leave throughout my four years of high school.

Omg this is like a goodbye post for me. Whoops.

Years
  • > Joined October 2006 for Shiny Gold + other ROM hacks.
    > Played them a bit and posted an art gallery. Apparently one of my now-friends, Anastasia.R, commented on my gallery way back in 2007 or so.
    > Posted only 40-ish times from 2006 to 2008 and then disappeared for a few years.
    > Rejoined in 2011 to escape another nameless Pokemon forum under this account!
    > Mingled around CC&P (previously Other Voting Polls) and Fan Clubs & Groups; they were my primary places to stay at the time. I lived in the My Little Pony fanclub as I was addicted to the series back in 2011.
    > Got involved in Pokemon Anime and then Art & Design (previously Art Gallery). Finally met and spoke with Anastasia.R.
    > When Ana had fallen inactive I decided to help her out with the art boards so I began commenting and giving feedback to artists a lot more than before. It was a pleasure to help out and I'm not sure why I ever stopped. :( One of my most pleasant experiences here.
    > Met many other amazing people.. too many to name.
    > Started posting in the welcoming boards in July 2012, got modded there a month later in August 2012.
    > Been posting pretty much everywhere since :3

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Joined to show off my photoshopped Pokemon banners.

Met lots of new friends.

Started getting Shinies from epic friends.

Started trading.

Stopped coming on frequently as I had compulsory Nationalservice.

Stopped even more as my Macbook die on me.

Got disappointed with generation 5 so it got worse.

Generation 6 ignite my passion for Pokemon with all the leaks!

Came back as I got my Macbook fixed, coincidentally!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Joined one bored summer day to show off my (what I thought was) impressive knowledge on the meta-game.

Realized I didn't know squat and started prowling around the site.

Started my own fanfic, but never made it passed chapter 2 and slowly became inactive.

Remembered this site one day and came to get more views on my book.

Realized how many things you could do on this site.

Began reviewing other stories and posting on various topics.

Joined a few clubs, made a few friends, started a few conversations.

Now I'm here, wondering why in the world I left in the first place.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
  • I've been here for about 2 hours

Just been lurking around the Gen III and art forums

Back