• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your second home.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    When you were growing up, did you have a place that people called your 'second home'? A place where you spent almost as much time as your actual home? It could have been a friend's house, a local park, anything!

Tell me all about it!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've probably had about two actual second homes and one metaphorical second homes in my lifetime.

The first one was from about the ages of 11-16. This new family moved into the street next to mine, and my brother and I became good friends with the two girls that lived there with their mum. There wouldn't be a week that would go by that we weren't around their house for whatever reason. It was normally to exploit their trampoline... but a good friendship did emerge based on non-trampoline-related activities, don't worry!

The second one was about two years ago, in my second year of uni. By this point, the friendship group that I was a part of had split off and living in two separate houses. As the academic year grew on, it became more apparent that the friends I was living with - while still great guys to talk to - were not particularly good housemates. So I ended up spending most of my time not at my own house, but at the house of my other friends, two of whom I'm living with to this day. The amount of times I was around there - and I did literally invite myself around on a number of occasions - led them to christen me their mysterious fifth housemate!

The metaphorical one would be the cinema, since I do go there a helluva lot of times. This week, for example, there's only been 2 days where I haven't gone... but normally I'll be there at least once a week. Fun times, y'all!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    While growing up in the US, I considered it as my second home because my aunt and uncle were always there to take care of me because my parents weren't really around during my stay.

Ayselipera

Well I never called it a second home, but if I had to pick a place it would be my cousin's house. I was over her house so much that eventually it was normal to just walk in unannounced, open the fridge, take a nap until someone got home, watch tv, use the computer, etc. Now that we're a lot older and can go places on our own we don't usually spend much time at each other's houses, but even now when I go over it's still treated the same way.

Years
    Same as Ayselipera (geez that's annoying to type out), my cousin's house was pretty much my second home while growing up. Nowadays it's my best friend's house and I would drop by fairly often to chill out.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    I considered the street my second home because I literally played with friends out there from sunrise till sunset. I admit, I miss those friends since we all went our separate ways despite us all still living here. Oh well.

Years
    Like Jon said, I have 2 homes now really; parents and my flat in Bristol.

My second home has always been Bristol since I moved here, obviously, but it is one that I love.​

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Although they wasn't as much of a home as my own sanctuary (from 9am-5pm) from the busy and scary Parisian streets, the numerous libraries scattered throughout Paris were all my humble abodes when I was growing up. The shelves upon shelves of books were a way for me to temporarily forget the pain and the fighting that was going on at home, they gave me peace. Any library still gives me peace, but I long for the quiet and the atmosphere of the libraries I used to love as kid.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Nah, I only had one place I can really call home. No other place I can call a second home, tbqh.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I've had two places that people have called my second home:

The first one happened when I was 7 years old (18th March 1998... my memory has a weird knack for remember dates and stuff. It wasn't necessary to tell you guys the exact date, I'm just showing off :P) and a new family moved into the house two doors down from where I live. Me and the kid there (who was two years older than me) became fast friends and for the next six or so years we were inseparable. His house was my second home and my house was his. It's really awesome having a friendship like that. On weekends and holidays we were at each other's houses every single day, swimming in the summer (in his pool because I didn't have one back then) or more often than not playing Nintendo.

That was until a feud between the families arose in 2005 and we couldn't see each other anymore. Then he moved away in 2007 and now he's just a Facebook friend, which is heartbreaking because I'd do anything to go back to those awesome days playing video games :(. I just read his Facebook the other day and he's moving to England - my heart sank when I read it...

ANYWAY THOUGH THAT'S DEPRESSING SO MOVING RIGHT ALONG.

My other second home that has become my second home within the last five years or so is the mall! I go there on every day off, just shopping or going to the movies (if the mall is my second home, then the cinema there is the living room). I love it there so much, it's just beautiful and you can smell the recycled air and it's just wonderful. And unlike with my first second home, it'll never move away and grow apart from me :(

Years
    Mine would be the Search and Rescue building where I volunteered at from freshman year in high school (7 years now). I spent nearly every awake moment (and quite a few asleep ones) there. It was/is so much fun.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I guess my second home would be my sister's house in San Diego. It's been that way since I transferred colleges. I've been going there every month or so and at times I don't really want to return to my parents' house. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    In Middle School my second home was my friend's house when she used to live across the street from it. I would go over to her house everyday and play with her allll the time with my sister. High School we still hung out a lot but not as much as Middle School. Best years.

In High School, as least during the fall, the Band Room would be my second home. I was there so often that it might as well be classified as such given all the practice and such we did. If I was a low brass player it would have been mine... tenth home or something idk they were weird.

Don't really have a second home now, but that's okay! I'm always allowed to go to my friend's house if I feel like it. ♥

Years
    My second home when I was about 7-9 was my neighbors'/best friends' house. It was a short walk from my house, so my brother and I went there almost every day. It was really cool to be friends with another girl and a guy who liked gaming and I kinda wish I was still friends with them now... Unfortunately, we eventually didn't get along with them very well because of the age difference.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not really. We had property in the country we'd go to every other weekend during the summer, but I never considered that home... we basically spent the weekend in travel trailers (We'd later build a house on that property, sell off our old house, and move down there). We'd also go on vacation, but usually ony three times a year for no more than two weeks at a time.

However in college, I pretty much treated my campus residence as my primary home, and my actual home as my "second" home since I only returned over the summer (and sometimes Christmas).

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me it would have to be my friend James' place where we got together when we could during the summer and just played video games all day long, was simple but at the very least I could get out of town for once back then.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    Oooh. Well, when I was little me, my second home would be Wears Valley, Tennessee. We always stopped there on our way up to Great Smoky Mountains National Park and it's just a tiny little town, not anything special, literally. Just a few houses and mountains but we'd always stop and get out and walk around a bit and I got to take a lot of pictures of flowers and trees and grass and the sky and skflsjfsd. I LOVED IT OKAY. but now there's ugly houses all over the mountainside so it's not quite as pretty as it used to be ;__;

Annnd in middle school, the band room was my second home. The band director actually had to take me home sometimes, sklfjsldf. Met my irl best friend there and now I'm sad and nostalgic.

Nowadays, I still go up to Wears Valley sometimes, but not often because gas prices lol. My best friend's house is always open for me too, so I guess you could count that as a second home, haha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My best friend's house through middle school was my only second home. I went over to his house mostly every single day, and was close to most of his family members. I spent the entire summer there without going home. I entered without knocking, I used the backdoor, and I slept and showered there (but I think that's obvious since I spent the entire summer there). It was only right across the street from my house, in a townhouse complex, though. Still, he was my best best friend. We lost touch for a few years after he moved away near the end of 8th grade, but added each other on Myspace when that was cool, and then again on Facebook. I don't think I've spoken to him since 2010, though.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've never really had a second home or a reason to call another home apart from mine a second home. I've been to several friends' houses but I never stayed frequently enough to call it another home. I would have loved to have one though.

Back