• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your secret language

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • It's not really a back and forth thing, but friends I'm close to, sometimes for no apparent reason, I'll switch to communicating with sound effects instead of words... or at least, more sound effects than I usually would. It's not that it's hard to tell what I'm portraying persay, though it has been called annoying from time to time.

An example, a running gag I have with some of my closest irl friends, when I'm in like a really happy mood, I'll just randomly start using Yoshi sound effects.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I was actually well known for actually making different languages individually for each of my four/five closest friends, there is nobody on earth that can decode any single language I have made so far.

Sometimes even we have a hard time figuring out what the other person said. But still doing it makes others confused at all times which was out goal in the first place.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When my friends and I see a hot guy off in the distance and then as we get closer to him we see that he's not as hot as we thought he was, we say "DOA" which stands for "deteriorates on approach"

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
    Years
    • uk
    • Seen Oct 1, 2017
    Me and some of my friends speak really weirdly, which is fairly easy to understand but the people in our form are stupid.

Aello

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • When I was in middle school a friend and I got really into the Artemis Fowl books, one of which had a pictographic language written across the bottom of the pages. We translated it all for an after school book club we were in and read them the story. After that we made up our own language with symbols and wrote notes in it, it didn't last very long because he was so proud of it that he started letting other people decode it so there wasn't any more use for it once it could be translated by the whole club.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • Yeah. Me and my form friend who was in the year above me made up our own language so we could ♥♥♥♥♥ about people without the dudes that never spoke that sat behind us knowing what we were saying. I also did the same with my best friend so we could ♥♥♥♥♥ about people. I'm not two faced...

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • my moirail and i have these inside jokes and catchphrases that we say all the time and no one gets them, lol. the most famous one has to be "stand up stand up if you love football" which comes from an obscure anime that we both watch.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Linguistically, a girl I knew in primary school named Anna wrote a mixture of Chinese and English on paper with me. We were the class's two brainiacs, so we had to find a way to communicate secretly without the teacher's knowledge. Eventually my written vocabulary in Mandarin got so complex that I ended up writing English hints to her in the margins, since she moved to the US when she was 5.

Socially, within my family I enjoy speaking in tongues with phrases I've memorized from social culture, such as "calm-bread biscuits ain't for jam" or "I'm in psychotic", as examples. Only us really know what we're talking about; the phrases are actually displays of coded connotation that are references from media and whatnot. :P

Oh, and I've found an interest in making inscriptions in Egyptian hieroglyphics. The alphabet is long memorized, and now I've been learning how to speak it as it sounds really majestic, and I'm also trying to memorize some special words. ;)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yep. My friends managed to make some pretty strange codewords to use in class. I think the most memorable one was "the laundry's getting loaded into the washing machine" which was basically our bat signal for when the teacher was coming around. Worked pretty well actually. We avoided getting caught for slacking off which was always nice. That or the teacher didn't really care. XD

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Me and I my friends have our own secret language like "feather dance" meaning to screw up because of that one time my friend screwed up in a battle and used feather dance instead of a damaging move causing him to lose. Then we also have "foot fingers" which is our code for toes for some reason. We have more random codes that we use.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • An old friend that moved awhile back and I had a code similar to morse code in that we'd use certain amounts of knocks to indicate certain things. They were odd signals, and we didn't use them long, but it was fun while it lasted. :p

Back