• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your team of 6!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Based strictly on things I've found IRL, plus my cat, my team might look something like this:

Spoiler:

Domestic Medium Hair = Eevee. Given to me by my aunt. While Eevee wasn't explicitly based on any one kind of animal, Gamefreak staff have likened it to cross between a cat and dog. Eevee's Gen. II Shiny colors are particularly reminiscent of my cat, so I recolored the model above to more closely resemble it. Coincidentally, he's a bit of a "puppy cat," playing fetch and often following me around, begging to be picked up.

Evergreen Bagworm = Burmy. I loves me some moths! I've seen adult bagworm moths too, but Mothim's actually based on bee robbers (a type of hawk moth) for the most part. Since those don't occur here, I opted to have Burmy evolve into Mothim.

Midland Mud Salamander = Lickitung. Lickitung seems to be based at least partially on lungless salamanders, which share a similar damp habitat and tend to posses a chameleon-like projectile tongue.

Least Brook Lamprey = Eelektrik. While I may not be a huge fan of Eelektrik (based on both electric eels and lampreys), next to moths, this has to be one of my absolute favorite/most interesting animals I've encountered IRL. This particular species is non-parasitic.

Cicada Exuvia = Shedinja. Shedinja is based on the discarded shed skin of a cicada that has undergone metamorphosis. I remember being fascinated by these shed skins/shells and collecting them after an outbreak of periodical cicadas some years ago. I may or may not have two or three stashed in a box somewhere. >_>

Ammonoid Fossil = Helix Fossil (Omanyte). After first discovering fossils on the property, I most wanted to find an ammonite fossil. I'd only been finding plant fossils though, so imagine my surprise when I finally found an ammonoid! This goniatid isn't a "true" ammonite, but they're related and sometimes described as a small type of ammonite. Maybe my Omanyte would be smaller than average?

I've also got a black cat (Umbreon) that stays in my room, but it's hard to call her "mine" when the whole family claims her.

I hadn't really given any thought to their nicknames (besides Eevee, obviously named after Ciel), but I might name Mothim Leif or Lief (sounds like leaf, which Burmy is covered with), Lickitung Luther (pun on Lex Luthor), Eelektrik Brook (after the least brook lamprey), Shedinja Nimbus ("halo," also the name of my Shiny Shedinja in-game) and Omanyte Kendrick (after a nearby marine fossil deposit).

Last edited:
    Years
    Probably just a collection of my favorites ^.^

A (shiny) Glaceon nicknamed Aurelia.
    A Milotic.
    An Aurorus.
    An Alolan Ninetales.
    Either a Kommo-o or Salamence.
    A Delphox.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Thought of favorites at first. Realized the potential downsides. Could not provide a good life for most Water Pokemon. Would be afraid of nearly every Ghost Pokemon, based on Pokedex entries. Is not active enough to satisfy Fighting Pokemon. Lacks the nerve to handle gigantic Pokemon like Steelix. Imagines other downsides not necessarily listed too, like feeding Snorlax. With that in mind:

- Espeon, Torracat, and Luxray: Likes cats and cat-like Pokemon. Indicated nothing to suggest problematic characteristics. Appreciates Luxray's ability to sense Pokemon. Pinpoints dangers while traveling.
    - Sandslash. Another favorite. Seems strong. Bets on that being useful. Rounds out the team.
    - Talonflame. Wants a Flame Body Pokemon. Presented the lowest odds of being a fire hazard. Fares okay outside of extremely hot environments. Usually picks Talonflame as a breeding companion in games (because of knowing Fly in X/Y).
    - Indeedee. Another utility pick. Senses emotions of others. Thrives on positive emotions. Knows a lot of healing moves. Sounds like a wonderful partner. No preference on gender.

May choose others in the event of finding them first. Would be pleased with Absol, Ampharos, Audino, Blissey, Wigglytuff, Togekiss, Rotom, and likely more. Cannot rule out geography and local Pokemon playing a role either. (Dislikes traveling in general. Foreseeing sticking to a small area.) Lacks good defense against Dark and Ghost Pokemon, for example. Raises the value of a Fairy type.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Tough choice! I think if I was a fightable trainer, I would pick:

• Arcanine
    • Jolteon
    • Aerodactyl
    • Dragonite
    • Walrein
    • Zangoose

Arcanine is my favourite Pokemon ever so it would be my signature Pokemon. Jolteon, Aerodactyl and Dragonite have been favourites since childhood so I would use all of them. The last two spots I had difficulty with as there are a lot of Pokemon that I like and would love to use on my team. But in terms of what I feel like it'd be cool to fight with, Walrein and Zangoose won out over the other options even though they might not be my favourite Pokemon ever. Honourable mentions go to: Politoed, Mawile, Aggron, Absol, Snorlax, Houndoom as some other Pokemon that would be neat to battle with.

From a cute perspective, I feel like I would love to have Quagsire, Gulpin, Stunfisk, Dunsparce, Piloswine or Appletun as companions. I might not fight with them but I love them. They're the best. I've always been stuck with choosing 6 Pokemon so I'm almost certain this list would change if I thought it over more but this is my tentative answer. :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It is always hard for me to choose 6. I always get a rotational team. And I've always loved when people do pictures based on what that have taken as pictures. If I was to go with my favorites, I wouldn't be able to choose, so let's take it a step further and make a more realistic team from where I live... which is hills, rivers, farm land and forest. Haha.

And I am gonna save some time here and just say, they would only know attacking moves.

1. Rapidash (Kanto) - My town is famous for horses. Fun fact - I didn't like this pokemon till it became my first ever shiny pokemon.

2. Gogoat - Like I said... lots of farms and animals lol. While we have sheep, there is far more goats.

3. Braviary - We don't have many eagles around here, but there are a few around the lakes and in the mountains. But they are very rare. This pokemon is also my second favorite pokemon ever.

4. Floazel - I was always fascinated by river otters that lived around the creek that my house was right next to. I never knew we had otters until I spotted them multiple times.

5. Pangoro - While it is a panda... we don't have any black bear pokemon right now, so I can't really choose that. Pangoro is probably the next closest thing.

6. Sawsbuck - Not only would the pokemon be great to have, but the pokemon changes with season and everything and I love it. We have a ton of deer here. While I'd choose Stantler, it wouldn't really be as great in my opinion.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    We don't have any black bear pokemon right now.
    Not sure if counts, but I tend to think of Snorlax as a black bear. It definitely draws some inspiration from bears (Munchlax is even found in honey trees). There's also Urshifu, but I get not wanting to use Legends.

My team would be one that I envision my self-insert OC (I'm a nerd) having. This often consists of these:

Ruby the Flareon, female
    Krile the Wartortle, male
    Raichu (nickname TBD), male
    Orion the Umbreon, male
    Cinccino (nickname TBD), female
    Poipole (nickname TBD)

I also would like to have Espeon, Whimsicott, Emolga, and Vulpix on rotation. It's so hard when you're not sure on how to nickname your Pokémon, because I am very picky and need a nickname to click before I'd consider it - and that can take a while lol.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    It would be something like this:

- Golisopod (First Impression/Liquidation/Sucker Punch/Poison Jab)
    - Cofagrigus (Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Psychic/Calm Mind)
    - Hydreigon (Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast)
    - Haxorus (Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Swords Dance)
    - Tyranitar (Rock Slide/Earthquake/Crunch/Outrage)
    - Volcarona (Quiver Dance/Heat Wave/Bug Buzz/Hurricane)

Last edited:

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    The True Dragon Master
    Garchomp, Mega Salamance, Dragapult, Kommo-o, Dragonite, and a Regidrago because if some random guy in a tower gets a Regi so do I.

Eeveelution squad
    Any of the Eeveelutions but umbreon would the ace.

Bad Luck Nuzlocke.
    Pidgeot, Raticate, Charizard, Crobat, Golem, and of course Garados for being almost certain.

My Six Favorite with no type overlap or legendries.
    Gardevoir
    Garchomp
    Mega Lucario
    Charizard
    Venusaur
    and a single Bidoof named B O B

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    My party would consist of a relatively balanced collection of my favorites/top favorites from all generations:

Galarian Rapidash (my #1)
    Zebstrika
    Samurott
    Houndoom (Runner up: Alolan Marowak)
    Alolan Ninetales (Runner up: Glaceon)
    Sawsbuck

There are some of my other favorites that wouldn't really be usable in a team, like Zacian, Fletchling, and Cubone.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay I'm going to TRY to not do all Fairy types.

Sylveon
    Volcarona
    Milotic
    Alolan Ninetales
    Scizor
    Ampharos

Years
    Ok, I'll do this as if I was suddenly living in a Pokemon world and I'll try to be "realistic" with this so no legendaries, pseudo-legendaries or starters since those would be very rare imo. Probably no Fossils as well since I don't think reviving them would be easy or even free like it is in the games. So with these rules out of the way, let's get started!

Arcanine: I'd love to either start with Growlithe or catch it soon after I start my journey since Arcanine is not only one of my favorite Pokemon but also the Pokemon I've used the most in my Pokemon playthroughs. I think I've used an Arcanine on my team in at least 8 different playthroughs so far.

Crustle: Dwebble shouldn't be that hard to find and catch and Crustle is in my Top 5 favorite Pokemon of all time so it was an easy choice adding it to my team.

Dusclops: One of my 3 favorite Pokemon ever and only non-starter or pseudo-legendary out of the three so it automatically gets to be on this team. And even though it's a Ghost type I don't think Duskull would be super rare so I think I would be able to find and catch one eventually.

Quagsire: I just love Wooper and Quagsire and I would pick them as my Water types on this team since I think they would be easy to find and catch.

Noctowl: The Hoothoot line is very nostalgic to me and I like Noctowl a lot so I would definitely chose to catch a Hoothoot and eventually evolve it to be my Flying type that flys me around the region.

Roserade: My favorite non-starter Grass type and I want to have a Grass type on the team so it has to be a Roserade. I also think it would be fun raising a Budew and figuring out how it evolves.

So this would be my "realistic" team of six in my headcanon of the Pokemon world. If I could have a few more Pokemon in rotation that are mostly staying at the Professor's lab but sometimes join the team then I would have these Pokemon as well: Tauros, Salazzle, Beedrill and Gyarados

Last edited:
    Ok, I'll do this as if I was suddenly living in a Pokemon world and I'll try to be "realistic" with this so no legendaries, pseudo-legendaries or starters since those would be very rare imo. Probably no Fossils as well since I don't think reviving them would be easy or even free like it is in the games. So with these rules out of the way, let's get started!

Arcanine: I'd love to either start with Griwlithe or catch it soon after I start my journey since Arcanine is not only one of my favorite Pokemon but also the Pokemon I've used the most in my Pokemon playthroughs. I think I've used an Arcanine on my team in at least 8 different playthroughs so far.

Crustle: Dwebble shouldn't be that hard to find and catch and Crustle is in my Top 5 favorite Pokemon of all time so it was an easy choice adding it to my team.

Dusclops: One of my 3 favorite Pokemon ever and only non-starter or pseudo-legendary out of the three so it automatically gets to be on this team. And even though it's a Ghost type I don't think Duskull would be super rare so I think I would be able to find and catch one eventually.

Quagsire: I just love Wooper and Quagsire and I would pick them as my Water types on this team since I think they would be easy to find and catch.

Noctowl: The Hoothoot line is very nostalgic to me and I like Noctowl a lot so I would definitely chose to catch a Hoothoot and eventually evolve it to be my Flying type that flys me around the region.

Roserade: My favorite non-starter Grass type and I want to have a Grass type on the team so it has to be a Roserade. I also think it would be fun raising a Budew and figuring out how it evolves.

So this would be my "realistic" team of six in my headcanon of the Pokemon world. If I could have a few more Pokemon in rotation that are mostly staying at the Professor's lab but sometimes join the team then I would have these Pokemon as well: Tauros, Salazzle, Beedrill and Gyarados

Seeing Crustle fans is honestly awesome, your team is so fun and unique!!

Bonalbio24

Bonalbio24
    Years
    The Six Pokemon you would travel with in the Pokemon world as a Trainer?

Hi Everyone i just wanted to start a thread for people to share not only their favourite Pokemon but the 6 they would travel with in the Pokemon world if they were a trainer, these don't have to be the strongest 6 but can be your 6 favourites or the 6 you think look the best etc anything really (not sure if this is a thread which has been created before but its something i would be interested in, i often enjoy imagining myself in the Pokemon world in different scenarios etc with my favourite Pokemon.

My 6 would be

Larvitar (I wouldn't evolve this Larvitar as it's my favourite starting evolution looks wise)
    Swampert (My favourite starter Pokemon of all time)
    Flygon (Always loved this Pokemon on my Fave game Ruby/Omega Ruby, my Favourite Dragon type)
    Tyranitar (Larvitar and Tyranitar are 2 of the best looking Pokemon in my opinion)
    Gabite (I really like the look of Gabite and would not evolve it either as i prefer its look to that of Garchomp)
    Nidoking (Always liked the look of Nidoking, this 6th spot is an open one to some extent but i've gone with Nidoking for now)

Other Pokemon that came close were Torterra, Zorua, normal form of Lycanroc

I have always been attracted to Ground type Pokemon as you can probably tell! All 6 of my Pokemon could qualify as Ground type even though Tyranitar loses it officially when it evolves from Pupitar

I would love to hear everyone's opinion on my 6 and hear your favourite 6? Thanks Andrew (Bonalbio24)

Bonalbio24

Bonalbio24
    Years

Arcanine: I'd love to either start with Growlithe or catch it soon after I start my journey since Arcanine is not only one of my favorite Pokemon but also the Pokemon I've used the most in my Pokemon playthroughs. I think I've used an Arcanine on my team in at least 8 different playthroughs so far.

I really enjoyed reading through your post and rationale that you chose certain Pokemon because you thought they would be relatively easier to find

Years
    1. Scizor since it is my absolute favorite pokemon.
    2. Aron, and I would love to have it evolve into Aggron throughout my journey. Plus having an armored pokemon in my journey looks great.
    3. Lilligant because it is a really pretty pokemon and I think it would be best to have a cleric for the party with aromatherapy, light screen, and safe guard.
    4. Teddiursa because it is another pokemon that I would love to see evolve throughout my journey, and Ursaring is another personal favorite.
    5. Manectric since I think we all need a loyal companion for a journey. Manectric is a good dog.
    6. Salamance since having a strong hulking dragon in your party seems like the best choice, and incase I need to fly around Salamance is a good pick.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Given that this list is meant to be more practical and not 'anything goes', my perfect team would be...

1. Absol. My all time favorite since my Nuzlocke of X. Nickname [REDACTED]. (as it's also the name I gave to my IRL doggo)
    2. Weavile. My other favorite, second only to Absol. Nickname is Shade.
    3. Sableye. Nickname is Snag. (because the other nickname I'd use sounds kinda inappropriate)
    4. Meowscarada. My favorite starter in the series. Nickname is Petals.
    5. Kingambit. (woulda been Bisharp before S/V.) Nickname is General Kleeve. (it would just be Kleeve if I was restricted by the stupid 12 character limit of the games)
    6. Greninja. Not a usual pick of mine, but if I was in the Pokemon world, I would want to be nothing less than a Dark Type Gym Leader. Nickname is Frugga.

If I wasn't building a Gym Leader Team though, it would instead be this...

1 Absol. 2 Weavile. 3 Meowscarada. All the same as above
    4. Mimikyu. I've really grown to like Mimikyu after I've done a couple of runs of Scarlet. Nickname is Yukikyu.
    5. Decidueye. I love Owls almost as much as i love foxes. Nickname is Oovoe. (named after the asteroid prison Oovo 4 in the Star Wars Universe)
    6. Gardevoir.(preferably shiny, but it doesn't really matter all that much) Great in battle, as well as transportation with Teleport. Nickname if shiny is Anastasia, if not shiny is Garde.

I'd keep a bunch of other Pokemon as well, foxes and Eevees and such, but I'd mostly keep them wherever it was I lived, outside of their Pokeballs of course.

Back