• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on the 7th Gen shinies

Years
  • Link to all the new Pokemon and their shinies here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a7ea32cfyd3jt48/AABF_2mtBP_tMOqK1w5G084wa?dl=0 (Be warned, datamine spoilers ahead)

So, following the huge datamining of the Sun & Moon demo, we have the shinies of the new Pokemon, Alola Forms and Ultra Beasts all leaked for us to see.

That said, what do you think of the new shiny Pokemon of this generation? Do you have a fave or least fave? Is there a certain new Pokemon you want to obtain a shiny of?

Edit: All the shiny sprites (plus normal sprites) in one list: https://i.redd.it/fa4550fq28sx.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have to admit I love Crabrawler's shiny because while it's not a huge change, it was accurately predicted by me that its claws would turn red. I knew about shiny Hitmonchan having blue boxing gloves while the normal Hitmonchan had red ones, and since Crabrawler's claws were blue normally I figured they'd do something similar with it.

I also love Cutiefly and Ribombee being pink, since it suits their Fairy typing well. Of Lycanroc's shinies, I think this would be where Midnight form is definitely better, because I like that dark teal on it. Sensu and Baile Oricorio's shinies are awesome as well since they're pretty much inverted colours done right.

Salandit's shiny being white makes its bandit mask-like head stand out better, and I also love Sandygast and Palossand's shinies due to how unexpected they were, but then again I do love black shinies. It's also why I like shiny Minior also being black.

Bruxish's definitely makes me laugh the most, since that red and green on it reminds me of watermelons.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I might end up soft resetting for a Shiny Rowlet as it's whole line looks excellent in Shiny form and I do like the Shiny version of Popplio's final form.

I can see myself hunting for a Shiny Bounsweet too to get a Shiny Tsareena but I do prefer Tsareena's regular colour scheme.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The whole Shiny line for Litten just look weird, White with Orange doesn't seem to blend really well.

Shiny Mimikyu looks great, but most shinies look either weird or not that different. Popplio line is kind of boring looking in shiny since it doesn't change much.

Loving the Fire Oricorio shiny form tho.

I don't know if Pallosand line would of been better as a white shiny. I guess Black is alright.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Begs to differ about Litten's shiny forms. They look more epic to me than the non-shiny.
    Ballad-Oricorio looks really epic!
    I prefers the non-shiny Silvally though, I wish they could've been Black for their shiny forms instead.
    Jangmo-o's evolution line looks pretty weird with their pinks on their shiny forms though.

Out of topic-- All the unrevealed Pokemons look awesome!

Morelull's evolution is so pretty in my opinion!
    Salandit's evolution looks cool too, I love it!

And the UBs actually look better in their sprites than their actual artworks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oricorio has some amazing shiny designs. o_o

Also Rowlet looks really cool!!

My fave shiny Oricorio is probably Sensu. I feel white suits its Ghost typing (Baile's is awesome as well). The worst one for me is probably Pom Pom since it's in the "barely changes" category while the others basically did inverted colours.

And yes, I do admit Rowlet got the best shiny as far as the starters are concerned. Popplio's continued the trend of the Water starter getting the crappy shiny.

Years
  • I like rowlets line colour and the middle stage of Popplio but littens isn't really that nice and the yellow hair on Popplios final stage just looks odd.

the toucan having a beak the colours of the bi flag is amazing I will def need to get one of them.

fire and ghost oricorio are very nice and I'm so glad I got my pink cutiefly wish. night form of lycanroc is the only one of it's line I like at first look.Wishiwashi, Lurantis, Morelull (but not it's evo), Salandit+evo are all nice as well. jangmo'o would have been nice if it's yellow was less bright.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • yo tsareena's shiny is fierce af.

Looking at some of these makes me kinda disappointed that shinies are so rare, otherwise I'd totally use some of these over their original forms. I also like how shiny Sandygast and Palossand seem to be based off black sand beach in Hawaii.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Nobody bringing up Minior? It has a unique core pattern design for its shiny - not just a flat recolour - and the shell is still the same so you can't see it's a shiny until you break the shell. I think it's pretty great.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nobody bringing up Minior? It has a unique core pattern design for its shiny - not just a flat recolour - and the shell is still the same so you can't see it's a shiny until you break the shell. I think it's pretty great.

Wouldn't you still see the sparkles though? Or the shiny symbol if you breed for a shiny.
    Still clever though!

Also, cutieflys shiny is my favorite, I think it suits it great!

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Shiny Litten looks amazing but Shiny Luchalitten looks awful , same with Rockruff :(

Rowlets line is good. Bewear line too.

Legendaries are also good IMO.

My favourite one would probably be Turtinator.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Sorry, a little off topic but why does Magernia have 3 different coloured sprites rather than just regular and shiny, whats the 3rd?

Edit: as for the shiny forms, some are cool, some are meh - same as all shinies
    I know we wont see them for ages, but the cover legends got let down on the shiny form

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Shiny Wishiwashi?

Does Wishiwashi have a shiny of its school form? Because that doesn't seem like it would make much sense. Isn't it's schooling ability loads of Wishiwashi together? Can a shiny Wishiwashi only call upon other shinies to form a school, or does it look like a regular School Form Wishiwashi with one little shiny fish in amongst It somewhere? I've tried to avoid the shiny spoilers so i don't want to go looking for it as I'll probably see others, but this one intrigues me so I don't mind one spoiler. {XD}

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Does Wishiwashi have a shiny of its school form? Because that doesn't seem like it would make much sense. Isn't it's schooling ability loads of Wishiwashi together? Can a shiny Wishiwashi only call upon other shinies to form a school, or does it look like a regular School Form Wishiwashi with one little shiny fish in amongst It somewhere? I've tried to avoid the shiny spoilers so i don't want to go looking for it as I'll probably see others, but this one intrigues me so I don't mind one spoiler. {XD}

Hi there! Just to let you know that I've merged your thread with this one as it covers the discussion of shiny Pokémon in Sun & Moon. To answer your question, Wishiwashi does have a shiny school form which you can actually see here as an individual image if you want to avoid seeing any other shiny images for the Alola Pokémon. (:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Does Wishiwashi have a shiny of its school form? Because that doesn't seem like it would make much sense. Isn't it's schooling ability loads of Wishiwashi together? Can a shiny Wishiwashi only call upon other shinies to form a school, or does it look like a regular School Form Wishiwashi with one little shiny fish in amongst It somewhere? I've tried to avoid the shiny spoilers so i don't want to go looking for it as I'll probably see others, but this one intrigues me so I don't mind one spoiler. {XD}

Yes it does have a shiny for school form. Here's a picture:
    Your thoughts on the 7th Gen shinies

It's eyes are the focus, although it appears to be a darker blue as well.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Thanks guys, didn't see this thread. Oops!

Okay, it doesn't look how I imagined it would, but it doesn't look like the entire entity is a different colour which I like because this makes more sense than an entire school of shiny fish.

Back