• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your very first video game

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Lion King on Windows, pretty close to the game's release afaik. Still a classic. Took me years to beat because I was smol.

Years
  • There are two games that come to mind as my first video game, both on the Playstation 1. I cannot recall which I played first, but my earliest memories of gaming consist of Tekken 3 and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Thus, my interest in fighting games was born.

Years
  • In terms of home computers, it would probably be Burnin' Rubber or TMNT on the Amstrad CPC 6128. However, in terms of video games, it would have been Super Mario 64.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • It was either the original Super Mario, Mega Man 2, or Duck Hunt, when I was 3. I have pretty clear memory of playing all of those games, and it's quite the nostalgic trip whenever I've played them in modern times.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Oooh, I had to think about this one! Based on the fact that I only had two PS1 discs something something family friend taught my parents to save money and harness the power of the seven seas, my first game would have been Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters or Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro. I distinctly remember playing both, but especially the cheat codes in Spider-Man!

Days
  • It was either Super Mario Land or Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan. I received an original Gameboy for my eighth or ninth birthday and it came with those two games, I'm not sure which one I booted up first. Knowing me, probably the the latter, I was massively into the Turtles at that age.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I struggle to remember. The original Super Mario Bros. or Sonic the Hedgehog 2 are the two most likely games I played first. It's also possible that my first game was Doom, LOL

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Galaga in an arcade.

I think I was just barely old enough to remember since I was too short to play normally, so they grabbed me a stool to sit on.

Last edited:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • I believe it's either SimCity 2000 or Age of Empires 1. My mom played both of these a lot (and still plays the latter) when I was really young, and I frequently watched her play and played some of both games myself. I don't actually remember the first time I played either game since I was too young to remember, so it could've been either game.

The first game I personally owned was Pokemon Sapphire, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The first one I remember was Frogger? Definitely some computer games before it, but I can't remember what those games were called.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The earliest games I remember were old computer games, so stuff like Disney 123 or this old DOS jigsaw puzzle game. Not counting computer games, which for me were largely educational (except maybe when my dad let me just wander around in Leisure Suit Larry when I was like 4? that was a Choice).

When I'd visit my cousins who had consoles, I remember playing some NES or SNES games. The earliest one I can actually remember was Mario Kart on SNES but I know I played a sidescroller shooter and maybe Duck Hunt before then. But it would have been for like an hour at most so not sure these count. u_u

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I was talking to someone about this recently! My first game I ever owned was Kirby Super Star Ultra, which I still think is just as fantastic as when I got it, and the first game I ever bought with my own money was Pokemon Diamond.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1 was the very first video game I have ever played at a fairly young age (I was 3 at the time if i have to believe witnesses)... it was just very colourful and the buildings looked cartoony at the time for me.

Days
    • Seen Dec 22, 2023
    my very first game would be maybe pokemon silver on the gba. i was 6 when i bought it and had no idea how to play it so i was stuck at the very first town for a while.

Back