• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Z: A Kalos Journey - Rebirth [M]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
  • Well, I go to sleep and when I wake up I see four new SU's ready and waiting to be read. I have to say, the immediate response that Z has gathered is incredibly uplifting.

I know some people have come to me and told me that they've read the previous incarnation... and with that in mind, are excited to join the story as it continues. These words have reached me, I won't lie. There are a lot of old veterans picking up their characters and moving forward again... with that in mind well...

The amount of new player slots is looking like it's going to be incredibly low.

But I don't like that. I think the effort I've seen with some of the SUs thus far, has reminded me of the effectiveness of how open the original Z was. How new players joined frequently, some stayed long term, some remained for a short time and left when they vanished yes, but others stayed and became long standing staples of the story.

With that in mind, I want to see what new blood can bring to the table more than ever before... and for that reason I'm expanding the player limit for Z officially to.

15 Slots.

I look forward to seeing the stories the new characters bring to the table!

Concise, but to the point and very well presented. I know everything I need to know and I think that Margarita would be a great addition. Your character is Accepted!

A lot of very intricate detail and a compelling narrative for a character focused on the contest aspect of Z, if the contests from the first incarnation of Z are anything to go off of then I think you're going to be pleased. Caius is Accepted!

I doubt this is a surprise, but I'm liking Emma's new look and I'm of course excited to see her develop further in this new chapter. Accepted!

I think there's definitely potential for a strong character here, but as of right now it'll some more work I'm afraid. It's just a little too short overall. I'm excited to have a Kantonian in the group but I want to know more about her as a character before I commit to accepting. Don't be afraid to look at some of the other SUs to see what I mean, or to reach out if you want some more info on what could be best expanded upon.

For now though, I have to leave you Pending.

Years
  • zePB3YO.jpg

Player Status: Returner.

Physical Appearance:
    Odette is very conscious of her style, and the impression she knows it'll make on people. For this reason, she always makes sure to look well put together. She usually sports a nice button-up shirt, with a sweater or cardigan for the cold if need be, and either black dress pants or a skirt with dark tights underneath. Her make-up is always flawless, but never over-the-top, carefully orchestrated to highlight her best features while masking any skin imperfections.

Another reason she is so meticulous about her appearance is her albinism. Odette's skin is extremely pale, to the point (she thinks) she looks sickly without make-up. Her eyes too, belie this trait, and while her hair is black, even that is only because she dyed it to be that way.

Strengths:
    Witty
    Odette has always had plenty of opportunity to develop her intellect. Though before her journey started, her base of knowledge mainly derived from books and theoreticals, she has a quick wit and is able to make logical deductions and find the optimal way to solve practical problems on the spot.

Wily
    Although her childhood left her with little opportunity to make friends and socialize, Odette did manage to overhear many a business transaction made by her parents, and is able to put that experience to use in a wide range of situations. She knows how to manipulate others to get her way, most of the time at least - and if she doesn't, she'll find a way around.

Wealthy
    The one boon her parents left for her is a rather impressive bank account, partially to compensate for the lack of accompaniment she could have with her on her journey. Though she has the funds to buy almost whatever she needs, she also knows not to spend it carelessly - after all, wealth is to be invested, not squandered.

Weaknesses:
    Insincere
    Odette grew up in a world of pretense, where what is said is never what is meant, and there is a high necessity to read between the lines. As a result, she finds it incredibly difficult to be honest and upfront, especially with her feelings. To Odette, strength means to keep your cards close to your chest, and never assume to know everything about anyone else. There is a persistent readiness to her, never letting her guard down to be able to subvert any betrayal... but this also makes it nigh impossible for her to create any meaningful relationships with other people. This is why she is so focused on Grace, her starter, for emotional support.

Inexperienced
    Due to a sheltered upbringing, Odette has never had much experience with the 'real world'. Though the events of the journey so far have remedied that slightly - and thoroughly knocked her off her proverbial high horse - there is still a certain naiveté about her when it comes to gauging... particularly danger. This can be evident in both directions however; her faith in her wit and Pokémon tends to be overzealous, while she often underestimates the strength of human beings.

Physical illness
    Albinism is a condition that comes with many drawbacks. Though she can deal with most relatively well, with sunscreen and contact lenses, there is no denying that her physical condition is simply not up to par to many of her peers. Being painfully aware of that however, Odette tries her best to never find herself in a position of weakness or disadvantage.

Aspirations:
    Odette's primary goal in this journey is to make a name for herself. In Sinnoh, where she hails from, both of her parents are media magnates, with her father Marche owning one of the largest export companies settled in the busy harbor of Canalave, while her mother is the socialite and contest spectacular Ritz. Their daughter however, was hidden from the public, supposedly for her own protection. To subvert her fate, Odette seeks to claim renown of her own, preferably for her strength and grace... but hasn't really figured out how to do that.

Badges or Ribbons: Bug and Cliff.

POKÉMON:
    kirlia.png

Grace
    MODEST nature / Synchronize
    Calm Mind, Psychic, Teleport, Hypnosis, Disarming Voice, Pain Split
    rhyhorn.png

Rhyhorn (Giant)
    LONELY nature / Reckless
    Drill Run, Megahorn, Rock Blast, Take Down, Stomp, Scary Face

magneton.png
    the Triplets
    IMPISH nature / Magnet Pull
    Flash Cannon, Electro Ball, Screech, Discharge, Light Screen, Thunder Wave

gligar.png

Armand
    BOLD nature / Hyper Cutter
    Slash, X-Scissor, Screech, Acrobatics, Feint Attack, Poison Sting

Roleplay Sample: From the old Z

ODETTE RADIUJU
    → age 19, from Canalave City, SINNOH

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years
  • Yea, I think I might need a little bit of help on what to expand on. Or at least a bit of info whether the places I am expanding on is any good or not.

Currently, I wrote out her childhood and added a new strength to her character, and I'm planning to do sections for her likes/dislikes, her hobbies, and her fears.

Would that be good? Or are there any other places that would help being explained better in Annika's post?

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years

• TElYNfB.jpg

Laurent Hessel

Player Status: "I hope you've not had your fill of my story yet, because there's plenty left to tell~"

Age: "I'm nineteen years, inching closer to 20 every day. Old enough to do all the really fun stuff, for anyone who cares to know~"

Gender: "I happen to be a man, but I'd hope that was self-explanatory."

Hometown: "I'm proud to be from Kalos' sweetest seaside City, Cyllage. I seem to have become a bit of a minor celebrity after helping return the power source of the city's lighthouse and winning its pokémon race~

Physical Appearance: Laurent's appearance is immediately striking whether it is to one's taste or not. The young man stands at a healthy 6'1 with fair skin, emerald eyes dusted by flecks of gold, and a lithe, fit musculature. A slightly messy head of light blonde hair reminiscent of silver brushed with a bit of gold, long bangs framing his face and occasionally tickling his nose while the sides and backs just barely brush his shoulders. Laurent's face is angular but leans as much towards strong as it does graceful, undeniably handsome but certainly not flawless. His face seems eternally ruled by a very lighthearted and amused smile as if he always had something delightful and thoughtful on his mind that he never got tired of.

Laurent wears a certain amount of dress clothing at nearly all times, only willing to completely forego them when in a situation that requires different and specific attire. He wears tailored black slacks and equally well-fitted white whimsicotton dress shirts, saving his ties and suit jacket for actual formal occasions. His shoes are the one bit of his clothing that he changes according to each situation as necessary so he can travel freely and easily.

Strengths: "I do have a few useful talents...I suppose you'd rather I keep it brief? Well...

Dexterity/Coordination: "Nobody who has had the pleasure of spending time around me can deny that I'm quite graceful. I have excellent balance, I'm quick on my feet and am especially good with my hands. I can sew, I never cut myself while cooking and...well...Back in my days at Montpellier Academy, I was actually the captain of the boxing club for a time, I was the best outboxer in the whole school!"

Relentless Charisma: "I'm very apt at charming those around me. Whether it's my dazzling smile, gentlemanly manners, or boundless positivity. Very few things ruffle my feathers. The strange thing is as much effort as I put into my appearance and mannerisms, I've been told multiple times that many people actually like me better when they manage to catch me off my guard. It truly vexes me..."

Well-learned: "I had the honor of spending a few wonderful years at Lumiose's famous Montpellier Academy, where I received the best education Kalos can offer and I assure you I studied religiously during my time there. Though I must be honest, thanks to a few complications I was not able to finish my studies and graduate. But I certainly learned a lot while I was there! I like to think that my diligence, while I was there almost, makes up for the time I missed when I left."

Weaknesses: "Nobody's perfect, anyone who claims to be isn't worth learning about."

Divisive: "They say you can't be loved by everybody and sadly, I am no different. There seems to be almost nobody who meets me and simply sees me as 'okay' afterwords. Most people I meet who like me like me quite a bit. As for the rest, their dislike for me easily matches whatever affection I receive from those mentioned previously. I always try to put my best foot forward, but this sometimes comes off as arrogance or pompousness and I have most assuredly made my fair share of enemies throughout my life because of it."

Stubborn and competitive: "I persevere to the end of nearly any path I set myself down...usually even when it leads somewhere unpleasant. Once I make a decision I find it extremely difficult to back down even when I'm being foolish and I'm well aware of my own idiocy. I know they aren't quite the same thing but I also happen to be very competitive. I believe the two problems often compound on each other. As I said earlier very few things ever bother me but when someone does manage to pierce on of the chinks in my metaphorical armor I'm shamefully quick to snap. This pair of flaws has cost me many things I could have had if I'd only been more patient and cool-headed."

Aspirations: "My dreams are actually rather simple if you'll indulge me. I want to be one of the world's most famous pokémon trainers! I'm going to put absolutely everything I have into becoming the best trainer I can be. I will conquer every gym Kalos hosts, get my fair share of ribbons, and compete in the pokémon league. I don't know if I'll ever become champion, but I won't stop until I'm known across the country, or even the world, with wealth to match the fame...And now I have one other goal. I'm going to do everything I can to stop Team Cinder and whatever it is they're planning, their actions are unforgivable. I seem to have made myself one of their targets but more importantly...they're after some close friends of mine too and I won't let any of them by hurt by those pyro and megalomaniacal monsters if I can do anything about it."

Rival: "My apologies if it's a boring answer but frankly I consider all of the trainers that set off from Aquacorde more or less alongside me my rivals. I suppose it's only fair I mention that Jackson and I have always seemed to butt heads particularly…fiercely but we both aim to be the best so how else could it be?"

Badges or Ribbons: Bug and Cliff
    Santalune, 1st Place

POKÉMON:

Current Party:
    ivysaur.gif

Chlorophyll; Grass Whistle, Sunny Day, Leech Seed, Solar Beam, Poison Powder, Synthesis
    arcanine.gif

Flash Fire; Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Roar, Thunderfang, Agility, Reversal
    flaaffy.gif

Static; Extremespeed, Power Gem, Confuse Ray, Electro Ball, Cotton Spore, Thunder Wave
    metang.gif

Clear Body; Metal Claw, Psychic, Miracle Eye, Zen Headbutt, Scary Face, Takedown
    heracross.gif

Swarm; Close Combat, Pin Missile, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Counter, Night Slash
    lC0fAiI.gif

Water Bubble; Aqua Ring, Leech Life, Infestation, Aurora Beam, Bubble Beam, Spider Web​

Roleplay Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9701898&postcount=81

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Boop./QUOTE]

If you want to add that sort of stuff it'd be great! But I don't think it's altogether necessary. For the weaknesses you've elaborated on two of them by tying it to her backstory and her parents which is the sort of thing I love to see with characters. If you went to her other strengths and weaknesses and elaborated on a reason why she is the way she is, for example by tying them to aspects of her backstory and upbringing, then that would add a lot of length and character to the SU by itself.

I hope that helps to elaborate on things a bit, I'm excited to see what else you come up with!

Welcome back Mr. Hessel, you are as Accepted as your were before! Excited to see more form your character. ~

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Is it possible to have two starters (pokedex starters), like popplio and chikorita or charmander and mudkip?

Jay

Years

• Forgive me, I realize I didn't specify, but I'm going to go with no on that one I think. Starters are special pokémon I only plan to give out as your one starter (the other pokémon you begin with aren't considered starters) or as events / rewards for missions during stages. ~

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years
  • I edited my post :) I decided to keep the childhood section, since I've already written it out, and her hobbies, however I did remove her likes/dislikes and fears.
    I also kept the new strength because it fit with the past that I was going with.

Years
  • But! But! Brie! And her stylistic perfection!! I think I speak for everyone when I say we're gonna miss you.
    psshh

when i have time and if spots are open, ill try to join in again
    but rn i cant works killing me i can only join slow rps until this feature ends

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years

• add255f9f795d27067587f7313141a0f.gif
    Sebastian Allender

Player Status: The OG!

Name: Sebastian Allender Akiyami

Hometown: Fucshia City

Physical Appearance: At a glance, Sebastian can easily be mistaken for a woman: He lacks muscle tone and his features are meekly defined at best. His long hair and feminine dress style do not help this situation. At 5'10, Sebastian is a healthy height for a male his age, though his lack of muscle tone and pale skin make him look anything but healthy. He usually wears his hair in a high ponytail, with several strands that refuse to be tamed and slip out of the hold. Sebastian smiles often, though some would describe it as a tired smile. His violet eyes are noted as having a peaceful look about them.
    Sebastian's clothing style reflects his original home of Fuchsia city, his style taking on a more 'Eastern' appearance; however, this is subject to change once he sees what kind of styles the fashionable Kalos has to offer. He prefers tighter fitting clothes, and dresses predominately in darker colors: Mostly black and purple.

Strengths: Sebastian is intelligent (in both book smarts and common sense), highly analytical, and an excellent strategist on the battlefield. The science and strategy of Pokemon battles have always appealed to Sebastian, causing him to spend many an hour on the PC using battle simulators to test out move combinations and battle tactics, and thanks to his mother, a Pokemon researcher, Sebastian has had access to quite an expansive library of Pokemon books (from myths to medicines and everything in between) for as long as he can remember.

Calm and Level headed: As a child he realized that if he grew fearful each time his poor health landed him in a less-than-appealing situation, he would always be in a state of panic. Because of this he has developed quite the level head, even in dangerous situations.

Sebastian's dislike for confrontation, along with his easy going attitude and friendly demeanor, make him fairly easy for most to get along with. His own struggles have made him very sympathetic to the struggles and misfortunes of others, and he will almost always be willing to lend and ear to someone in need. If a call to action is needed in order to be seen as helpful, Sebastian will attempt (although if the action is physically demanding, he might not succeed).

Weaknesses: Sebastian has always been physically frail. He seems to bruise easier than most, and any more than a few minutes of harder-than-average physical exertion will exhaust him, hence why his muscles have never been very well developed.

His physical limitations have left him with very little confidence, and his dislike for confrontation makes him an easy target for anyone who might be looking for a doormat. Since Sebastian wears his heart on his sleeve it is all too easy for someone to see when they are getting the better of him.

Aspirations:
    Sebastian wants to put everything he's learned from battle simulators to the test, battling real Pokémon against real trainers.
    Being cooped up for the better part of his young life, he desperately wants to explore the vast and beautiful region he now calls home.
    He has a powerful desire to prove himself to his parents (and a certain someone) in order to make up for being such a frail and incapable child.

Aspirations: What's your characters end goal, biggest dream or in general their reason for starting their journey? A short paragraph is ideal here.

Rival: While not a rival, per say, Sebastian does have a fellow trainer that drives him to improve: Her name is Alice, a student at the academy that graduated the previous year. Sebastian suffers from a terrible case of unrequited love for Alice, and continues to be haunted by her parting words to him:

You'll never be strong enough to make it as a trainer.

Badges or Ribbons: FOR NEW PLAYERS ONLY. Not applicable ^3^
    POKÉMON:

Starter Species and Nickname: Selkie the Braixen

BnKz.gif

Starters Gender: Female

Starters Moveset:
    Sunny Day
    Psychic
    Flame Thrower
    Light Screen
    Will-O-Wisp
    Psychic Terrain (egg move)

Starter Ability: Magician

Other Pokémon:
    Swanna | Ksenia | Female

1e8c59471bd8b6d0021ef2e98ac3fceee4188e9e_hq.gif

Mienshao| Hakkai | Male

tumblr_m7xikzer3r1qd87hlo2_500.gif

Froslass | Ukyou| Female

tumblr_n1z6gq7HYt1rpn9eno1_500.gif

Rockruff | Fay'lene| Female

27767d1dc9b9aa998c429d9a4857f9df32547ab2_hq.gif

Zorua| Loki | Male

9739AA7115A9C0B6B4FDB51B4056D737FCE0C472

Captured, though not in the party:

722.png
    | Takumi | Male
    104.png
    | Makuro | Male
    764.png
    | Fiore | Male
    414.png
    | Koroku | Male
    676.png
    | Chance | Male
    747.png
    | Kira | Male

Roleplay Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9790300#post9790300

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Here's my SU. If needed, I can add the inventory, forgot to add that. If there is any error, please tell, i don't mind fixing her up a bit.
    Alrighty, I fixed up from what you told me, I changed my team up a bit, I hope you don't mind, and don't worry, they aren't all evolved like before.

^
    06fb0dca7bbdfda1a12e3b686c25e2b5.jpg
    ^

Minami "Mina" Haruka 15 Years Old Female

Appearance: Mina has blonde hair stopping around her chest, bangs between her eyes, and side bangs framing her face, curving at the end to each other, but later on she dyes it to a dirty blonde almost light brown. She has crystal blue eyes and stands at a height of 4 feet and 11 inches. Her outfit consists of: a white sleeveless shirt, a granite gray-blue jacket with folded collar and dark blue outline, a cream(?) pink skirt reaching to her lower thighs, a white hip-bag (w/ a turquoise (orange outline) ornament on the buckle and two orange and turquoise mistletoe on each side of the flap) tied around her hips/waist with the bag placed on her right hip, black short shorts underneath, white legging to her knees, brown laced boots, a heart-shaped locket with a picture of her and her siblings on the left and a colorful stone with an infinity symbol on the right(main), a crystal blue Pokétch (platinum version) on her right wrist and an orange hairband with a white flower ornament on her left wrist.
    Spoiler:

History: Past & Pokemon meetings
    Spoiler:

Strengths:
    • Compassion/Benevolence - Mina is willing to help anybody in need, may it be human or Pokémon. She was taught to help others in need and be a good seminarian, she doesn't care how long it takes, if she gets the satisfaction of seeing the helped happy, it reminds her of her mother and her good deeds she did. "Are you alright? Let us help, we'll take you to the Pokémon Center."
    • Acrobatic - Mina may look weak, but she has her reflexes and stamina to back it up. Back in Alola, she took gymnastics classes to avoid repeating the past, having Poppy train with her later. When she moves to Kalos, she also took gymnastics before going to the trainer school. "I took gymnastics classes back in Alola and here in Kalos, so my body is used to these movements."
    • Intelligent - Along with her amazing gymnastics, she had her intelligence coming next in line. She would bury herself in books and study anything she can on Pokémon: abilities, types, moves, you name it. Ask her a question about Pokémon and she'll answer right away. She also learned tips and rules to caring for a Pokémon, she'd help her mother with her own Pokémon. "How did Hyper Voice turn to water? Poppy's ability, Liquid Voice helped, it turns voice-based moves to water types."

Weaknesses:
    • Keeps to herself - Mina learned to keep everything bottled up the hard way. Even though she doesn't fully trust others, she still wouldn't take the chance of burdening others with her feelings and problems, rather, she'd face them herself. This causes her to overwork herself and scolds herself if someone gets involved in one of her problems. She didn't want to let anybody in fearing that they are working with her father and here to return her to him. "I'm alright, it's just a-no, I can do it, don't worry!"
    • Stubborn Mule - Once she sets her mind/option on something, it's hard to change it, you'll need to be very good at convincing her to change her course. She does this to protect herself, not wanting to get close to someone and end up losing them in the end. "No, I'm going to help them. That won't work, I'm dead set on going there."
    • Physically Weak - Even with her fast reflexes and good stamina, her strength isn't one of her strong points, in fact, it's one of her weakest points. She resent herself for being weak, blaming herself for her mother's death. "I'm not strong, I'm the exact opposite. Look at my arms, I can't lift heavy stuff, that's what I hate about myself."

Aspiration: Mina's aspiration is to travel the world and become as strong as she can be, wanting to fulfill her parent's goals, since her mother couldn't due to her fragile body and her father gave up his dream to take care of her mother. Her mother's dream was to be a top coordinator, but she couldn't while her father is to travel and see all kinds of Pokémon. Her personal goal though is to explore the mysteries surrounding the colorful stone with a strange infinity symbol in her locket, given to her by her father before his death.

^
    fe6.png
    ^
    Popplio (Now a Brionne) "Poppy" Female Liquid Voice
    Aqua Ring (Egg Move) - Hyper Voice - Sing - Bubblebeam - Icy Wind - Disarming Voice

Team:
    glaceon.gif
    Glaceon | Snow Cloak | Fresca | Female

swablu.gif
    Swablu | Cloud Nine | Aria | Female

jangmoo.gif
    Jangmo-o | Overcoat | Momo | Female

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Relatives:
    Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • Just asking, since there's a time gap, does that mean some returning players can have some of their Pokemon evolved?

Jay

Years

• Sebastian is back action, I'm sure Lillie will be pleased... and Jackson still needs to have a word with him too. Of course your character is Accepted!

A fine SU! But I have a few small points to make if that's alright.
    - I have a little bit of trouble reading the font at times, is it possible you could change it to match your RP sample? And align it to the left if possible?
    - There are a handful of small grammatical errors, it happens to the best of us of course, but it always helps to go over these things.
    - I spoke to Daisuke about this too, but for the sake of pacing and to give your character more opportunity for growth, would you mind devolving one of your three starter pokémon? While a lot of returning players have more evolved pokémon, very very few of them have every one of their pokémon evolved.

If these small nitpicks are fixed then congratulations! Your efforts have paid off, Minami is Accepted!

Snip. ~[/SPOILER]

Well colour me impressed Lulu, there's a massive improvement here. This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for from your SU. The additional information you added gives me a very strong idea of your character and her reasons for being.

The roleplay sample is a tad on the short side, but once we're within the game itself, the length of posts won't be an issue so long as you keep what I asked for in your SU in mind. For now, I'm going to give you and Annika a chance, your character is Accepted! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for her in the future.

Back