• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsyShyster

Jack of All Trades...
Years
  • I found this hack yesterday and I love the progress you've made!^^ The concept is very simple but brilliant! There are so much available for you to do with this, and I hope more hacks like this are made!:)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I saw a script that did exactly this somewhere, and after I saw your post I spent a few minutes looking, but I couldn't find it.

So I know it's possible to script out this specific set up, but you would need to do some extra spriting, I think.

In other news: HYRULE CASTLE LOOKS AWESOME! Thank you so much for all the hard work!

One complaint: Those trees in the Castle Courtyard. Any chance they can be changed into a different kind of tree? Kinda weird to see 6 typical trees in such a special place. Not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, amazing 3 layer tile! Nice job getting that to work! I had to fight with my hack a bit to finally get that working, and it broke a couple of things when I did lol.

Keep up the great work!

While it's nice to know it's possible, I wouldn't be implementing that sorta thing til near the endgame so I won't have to worry about it much now.

And yeah maybe I will change the trees to another style... there are different trees in seasons and ages, so I can always pick one.

Thanks again!

I found this hack yesterday and I love the progress you've made!^^ The concept is very simple but brilliant! There are so much available for you to do with this, and I hope more hacks like this are made!:)

Thanks a bunch, and you mean more Zelda hacks?

Side note, just got the flower tiles animated all nice. (They're from Minish cap, and I couldn't find them animated so I did it myself)
    2hgyer6.jpg

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • While it's nice to know it's possible, I wouldn't be implementing that sorta thing til near the endgame so I won't have to worry about it much now.

And yeah maybe I will change the trees to another style... there are different trees in seasons and ages, so I can always pick one.

Thanks again!
    Dark Link: I see. Maybe one of us can find that script before then. And if you decide not to add it, that should be fine as well. We would need a way to fit it into the plot anyway lol.

Trees: Any chance we can see a side by side comparison and give our opinions? No problem if you can't do this or don't want to take the time to set it up. I've been in a slump as far as LoZ goes, since my Wii is broken.. I still haven't played Skyward Sword.. I promised myself that I would not play another LoZ title until I play and complete Skyward Sword. Since it's technically the first game, chronologically speaking. (According to the official time line released by Nintendo)
    Meowth said:
    Side note, just got the flower tiles animated all nice. (They're from Minish cap, and I couldn't find them animated so I did it myself)
    2hgyer6.jpg
    Awesome! Loving every update! Keep up the great work!!

Danno

Years
  • Dark Link: I see. Maybe one of us can find that script before then. And if you decide not to add it, that should be fine as well. We would need a way to fit it into the plot anyway lol.

Well it doesn't even need to be a plot point. In OOT he was a miniboss in the Water Temple. I could always go that route... since Dark Link doesn't talk anyway, because neither does Link.

Trees: Any chance we can see a side by side comparison and give our opinions? No problem if you can't do this or don't want to take the time to set it up. I've been in a slump as far as LoZ goes, since my Wii is broken.. I still haven't played Skyward Sword.. I promised myself that I would not play another LoZ title until I play and complete Skyward Sword. Since it's technically the first game, chronologically speaking. (According to the official time line released by Nintendo)

Awesome! Loving every update! Keep up the great work!!

Well they're these old trees I was originally using (And wow, look how far these graphics have come since I started lol)
    XT9n4.jpg
    but they'll be using the new palette.

Also, I forgot to mention, but instead of starting in the fairy fountain, I gave Link a home with a familiar layout.
    IkEYq.jpg

Bliss

Years
  • Well it doesn't even need to be a plot point. In OOT he was a miniboss in the Water Temple. I could always go that route... since Dark Link doesn't talk anyway, because neither does Link.
    Yeah, I always hated that. What the heck was Dark Link doing in the Water Temple in OoT anyway? There's no plot. Which makes the battle pointless, in my opinion. But I guess I'm the only one who thinks that..
    Meowth said:
    Well they're these old trees I was originally using (And wow, look how far these graphics have come since I started lol)
    XT9n4.jpg
    but they'll be using the new palette.

Also, I forgot to mention, but instead of starting in the fairy fountain, I gave Link a home with a familiar layout.
    IkEYq.jpg
    Link's house! I can haz partee nao? Zelda iz cumming? I wantz lots uv balloons an stuf!

Haha, looks great!

Danno

Years
  • Yeah, I always hated that. What the heck was Dark Link doing in the Water Temple in OoT anyway? There's no plot. Which makes the battle pointless, in my opinion. But I guess I'm the only one who thinks that..

Link's house! I can haz partee nao? Zelda iz cumming? I wantz lots uv balloons an stuf!

Haha, looks great!

Lol well there might be balloons at the Festival of Sages.

Does this look better for the trees?

(Made some new statue sprites based on the goddess Hylia)
    cpH9z.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Castle and animations look fantastic!

As for making a 'Dark Link' with identical team - something like that is probably possible through JPAN's engine, or custom ASM codes if you can find someone's previous work/code for you. It's a matter of decrypting the party information and making a duplicate.

Bliss

Years
  • Lol well there might be balloons at the Festival of Sages.

qJIia.jpg
    Balloons: I was just.. never mind. Festival sounds good o,o'

Trees: Kawaii~ I like! Much more better! Thanks for the change!

Statue: I wasn't even paying attention in the previous post.. but the statues look good to me~

Dark Link: Talking about him made me want to start over in OoT again, but I lost my only physical copy so I can't emulate it anymore :/ Grr. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait. Could always play some more MM while I wait lol.

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Lol well there might be balloons at the Festival of Sages.

cpH9z.jpg

You mean the ones (trees) inside?

I really like those, but I'm not entirely sold on them.

Danno

Years
  • You mean the ones (trees) inside?

I really like those, but I'm not entirely sold on them.

The ones on the outside are from Oracle of Seasons. The ones on the inside are from Oracle of Ages. I'm using the oracle games for tiles and such, soooooo.... haha.

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Soooo cool! But is there a way to keep the treasure chest there even after you pick up the item? Like opened instead of it disappearing?

Danno

Years
  • Soooo cool! But is there a way to keep the treasure chest there even after you pick up the item? Like opened instead of it disappearing?

Don't worry, it won't be like that when it's released. I can't code, I just took a pokeball giveitem script and threw it on there. It's not permanently like that lol.

from the last page :P It'll be sorted out eventually.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I mean more Zelda hacks and more hacks that are very unique and go against the usual Pokemon formula.
    I agree with you. Pokemon hacking, especially the third generation, has evolved into an almost seamless engine that could be used to create almost anything, and yet 99% of the hacks are Pokemon or other franchises disguising a Pokemon game, despite the fact that it's capable of so much more. That's why, when I see something like this, which is a Pokemon hack of Zelda that has Pokemon aspects but, ultimately, is its own thing, I have hope that others will see this and follow suit.

Danno

Years
  • I agree with you. Pokemon hacking, especially the third generation, has evolved into an almost seamless engine that could be used to create almost anything, and yet 99% of the hacks are Pokemon or other franchises disguising a Pokemon game, despite the fact that it's capable of so much more. That's why, when I see something like this, which is a Pokemon hack of Zelda that has Pokemon aspects but, ultimately, is its own thing, I have hope that others will see this and follow suit.

Hey, I was hoping you'd show up one of these days, I wanted your input on a few things.

First being the trainers. I thought about it more and it made more sense for some other people to still be able to capture and battle with the monsters, like Hyrule Guards and Gerudos/Zoras, etc etc. This could be used as a way of proving yourself to the Gorons as well.

Also, I've been contemplating a 'fairy' character, as I think having a fairy as your first party member could help set the tone for help messages and stuff like that later in the game. Though it wouldn't make much sense if the player pressed the select button before receiving the fairy and getting an info message, it would when you try to ride Epona inside a house or something like that.

Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    You could always have the game ignore the 'Select' button press until the player received the fairy. (If I'm understanding your question correctly)

Good job on the Hyrule map, that looks awesome.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Or the fairy could simply be an item you receive at the beginning.

// Dream sequence 'I will protect you on your journey' style beginning to cover any issues XD. Idk.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hey, I was hoping you'd show up one of these days, I wanted your input on a few things.

First being the trainers. I thought about it more and it made more sense for some other people to still be able to capture and battle with the monsters, like Hyrule Guards and Gerudos/Zoras, etc etc. This could be used as a way of proving yourself to the Gorons as well.

Also, I've been contemplating a 'fairy' character, as I think having a fairy as your first party member could help set the tone for help messages and stuff like that later in the game. Though it wouldn't make much sense if the player pressed the select button before receiving the fairy and getting an info message, it would when you try to ride Epona inside a house or something like that.

Any thoughts?
    Regarding the trainers, if you really feel there should be trainers, which it sounds like you do, I say go for it. Though I would personally expect that, in cases where you are challenged by Gorons and Hyrule Guards, you would have to fight parties of Gorons and Hyrule Guards respectively. But for variety they could be joined by various other species in the area or different types of Gorons and Guards (say, the different iterations that were featured in the different Zelda games). But that's just me throwing an idea out, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

As for the fairy, I like the idea. You could always implement a feature where the player can't open the help menu until the fairy is in their party.

Danno

Years
  • Or the fairy could simply be an item you receive at the beginning.

// Dream sequence 'I will protect you on your journey' style beginning to cover any issues XD. Idk.

The Oak intro is a dream sequence with Farore warning the player that a dark time is coming and hyrule needs its hero :P revival fairies are also a consumable item. It makes more sense to force the player to go to the fairy fountain which will be a pokemon center, and obtain one creature there before leaving, especially since the fairies were the second sprites I did for this game haha.. Idk if you read it already but there isnt a starter selection in this game anymore,, youve gotta go to their respective parts of the world to get the zora deku and goron.

Regarding the trainers, if you really feel there should be trainers, which it sounds like you do, I say go for it. Though I would personally expect that, in cases where you are challenged by Gorons and Hyrule Guards, you would have to fight parties of Gorons and Hyrule Guards respectively. But for variety they could be joined by various other species in the area or different types of Gorons and Guards (say, the different iterations that were featured in the different Zelda games). But that's just me throwing an idea out, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

As for the fairy, I like the idea. You could always implement a feature where the player can't open the help menu until the fairy is in their party.
    The problem is that in trainer battles, theres still pokeball animations for the other team when they send out and return a 'party member'. That seems heavily difficult to edit, best to go with the flow I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back