• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • Yeah, I think that might do it. The key thing, I think, is that the two halves look distinct and separate, not like two identical hemispheres. The angling and positioning of the tongue also looks a bit wrong on the back sprite to me, now that I think about it.

Yeah I agree, seperated by like a hinge. Haven't had time to work on this yet, but I'll try to find some time to fix it soon.

Danno

Years
  • Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Ok, here's a little update on this game. Its not dead. I dont have wifi where im currently living, right now im using someones phone just to update you guys. Theres an updated backsprite for the deku baba. Ive been doing a lot of mapping as well but cant really show much til mt laptop gets wifi.

Thanks to my supporters for your understanding.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Ok, here's a little update on this game. Its not dead. I dont have wifi where im currently living, right now im using someones phone just to update you guys. Theres an updated backsprite for the deku baba. Ive been doing a lot of mapping as well but cant really show much til mt laptop gets wifi.

Thanks to my supporters for your understanding.

It's been too long ;_;

Hopefully you get back to a wifi area soon. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :D

Danno

Years
  • Theyre nothing too special, mainly dungeon rooms and new castle rooms and some houses. The deku baba will be a common overworld enemy that you need to defeat or capture to pass.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    I know right! No need rushing perfection, but still, I can't wait for this hack to finish! It's gonna be awesome.

Danno

Years
  • I should be uploading a few new screens soon. Adding some more music and characters, and a surprise for fans of windwaker. Ill try to update you guys soon.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I like this concept, it's quite unique and i am interested in how this delevop.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Some tiles look like more to gbc than gba, I prefer more revamped
    I love the wind waker reference

Danno

Years
  • Some tiles look like more to gbc than gba, I prefer more revamped
    I love the wind waker reference

It's intended to look GBC. That's how I'm styling my game. GBA Zelda sprites are far too big for what I want to do with this game.

EDIT: For those who didn't see, this is what I posted tonight.

Changed the color scheme again and added some detail to the lost woods.
    Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    I suppose the use of King of Red Lions will be explained in game? It doesn't bother me particularly and I do enjoy seeing him, but I hope it makes sense in context.

I do like it, though! Nice job. The King never really appealed to me, but I think he works. Out of curiosity, what happened to the Zora Flippers? Wouldn't that make more sense, or maybe Zora Armor or a Blue Tunic. Just wondering...

No complaints, just minorly curious.

Danno

Years
  • I suppose the use of King of Red Lions will be explained in game? It doesn't bother me particularly and I do enjoy seeing him, but I hope it makes sense in context.

I do like it, though! Nice job. The King never really appealed to me, but I think he works. Out of curiosity, what happened to the Zora Flippers? Wouldn't that make more sense, or maybe Zora Armor or a Blue Tunic. Just wondering...

No complaints, just minorly curious.

Yeah, it'll be explained, the whole premise of this game is that time gets all messed up and things that shouldn't exist together all do at the same time. The King will be the king at the beginning of the game, but not after the princess is kidnapped.

I was going to do the Zora Flippers, but the problem there is the overworld sprites. When you initiate Surf, the OW sprite switches to the sitting position as it jumps. If the Zora Flippers were to be used, this would mean whenever you surf, Link becomes a floating head on land for a second as he jumps in the water.

The running shoes will still be pegasus boots and the bike is still Epona. But the issue I'm having with the King of Red Lions is that it's too big.
    When you are 1 block above the land on the water, it still seems to be like so:

So either way there are problems, but I think with the music I've used (Windwaker sailing) the King of Red Lions was much more fitting and will probably have more appeal.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    Is there a playable demo yet or are you holding onto this until it's complete?

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Loving the updates. I finished LoZ link to the past a few days ago and cant wait for this. Everything is amazing from the new colors in the tiles, ows and sprites. Can't wait to listen to the music and beta when its released.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    I've been away for a while, but, dang, this looks good.
    Love that you're using Kind of Red Lions for surfing. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the old color palette. The new one is sorta hard on my eyes, I think it's a bit bright? Anyway, keep it up! ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back