• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zoroark & Zorua Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Chain

Bolded part: That means you can only get it once. >>;;

Riolu/Lucario= Only can be gotten once from Iron Island.
    Zorua = Can only be gotten from Celebi Event
    Zoroark = Can only be gotten through Dog event

Depending on which event they release in America, you can only get it once. Just like Riolu. Though it only says you can't catch them except by this event, it doesn't say you can't possibly find a high ranking Trainer with it like say an E4 member or Gym Leader.

Underlined part: All its ability allows it to do it take the form of your Second Pokemon in your party. So if say you have Muuna second, then Zoroak will come out as Muuna in battle. Dunno if it'll come out as Muuna and completely confuse the opponent (real life player) Or it it comes out as Zoroark and then transforms which would be extremely retarded if it did.

Zoroark is an event Pokemon, something Lucario is not.
    In that sense, Lucario and Zoroark are two very different Pokemon. Similar in evos and looks yes, but not very similar otherwise. XD

Well in the movie Zoroark transforms and we were not able to tell that the mayhem-causing dog trio was actually her. I bet she is just as tricky in-game with her transform as she is in the movie, so I bet you do see her transformed instead of normal when she comes out. I honestly don't remember, so I'll ask :

Does Zoroark retain the dark type even when transformed? O.O

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Zoroark is an event Pokemon, something Lucario is not.
    In that sense, Lucario and Zoroark are two very different Pokemon. Similar in evos and looks yes, but not very similar otherwise. XD

Well in the movie Zoroark transforms and we were not able to tell that the mayhem-causing dog trio was actually her. I bet she is just as tricky in-game with her transform as she is in the movie, so I bet you do see her transformed instead of normal when she comes out. I honestly don't remember, so I'll ask :

Does Zoroark retain the dark type even when transformed? O.O

It retains the Dark Typing. As for Zoroark-Lucario relationship its like Emonga being the new Pikachu, or Kibago possibly being the new Dratini, Minezumi being the new Rattata, Koromori being the new Zubat and so on.

If Zorua is classified as a Baby Pokemon, then it could be Riolu's replacement in Black and White. It is like Riolu/Lucario. Lucario in the Anime has nearly legendary powers. Even though Zoroak was taken off of most site's "Legendary Pokemon" list. So its not even considered a Legend to most anymore.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    It retains the Dark Typing. As for Zoroark-Lucario relationship its like Emonga being the new Pikachu, or Kibago possibly being the new Dratini, Minezumi being the new Rattata, Koromori being the new Zubat and so on.

If Zorua is classified as a Baby Pokemon, then it could be Riolu's replacement in Black and White. It is like Riolu/Lucario. Lucario in the Anime has nearly legendary powers. Even though Zoroak was taken off of most site's "Legendary Pokemon" list. So its not even considered a Legend to most anymore.
    Well, I highly doubt that Zorua is a baby Pokemon; it's form just doesn't seem to say "baby". Like Wynaut, Wynaut SCREAMS baby Pokemon, if you know what I mean. But I don't think an "Evil Fox Pokemon" is quite babyish, personally.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    Wow, I just read this whole thread. I never do that. Now for my two cents.

Zorua and Zoroark are not legendaries.They have been confirmed to be event-only Pokémon, in that you need to transfer one of the Legendary Beasts from HG/SS to B/W to trigger it. Just because Zoroark has the special Illusion ability doesn't make him legendary either, nor does the fact that him (and Zorua) were the first Gen5 Pokémon to be revealed. Let's look at it this way, shall we?

Gen1:
    Articuno - One-shot
    Zapdos - One-shot
    Moltres - One-shot
    Mewtwo - One-shot
    Mew - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY (well, there is that glitch)

Gen2
    Entei - Only one, runs around
    Raikou - Same
    Suicune - Same
    Lugia - One-shot
    Ho-oh - One-shot
    Celebi - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY

Gen3
    Regis - All are One-shot
    Groudon - One-shot
    Kyogre - One-shot
    Rayquaza (my favorite) - One-shot
    Deoxys - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY
    Jirachi - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY
    Latias/Latios - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY

Gen4
    Regigigas - Event-only, need to migrate Regis from Gen3
    Lake Trio - Only one of each, fly around region
    Rotom - One-shot
    Dialga - One-shot
    Palkia - One-shot
    Giratina - One-shot
    Arceus - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY
    Darkrai - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY
    Cresselia - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY
    Manaphy/Phione - OFFICIAL NINTENDO EVENT ONLY

I'm sure I forgot a few; that was all from memory. Also, by One-shot, I mean you only have one chance to catch it; if you knock it out or it runs, you're screwed.

In my experience, these are the ones considered Legendary by the community, or at least the ones I've been on. The only ones considered Legendary in Gen5 are Reshiram, Zekrom, and that little V guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Also, I think what everyone means by them being Gen5's Lucario (or at least what I take it to mean) is the mascot character of the generation. Much like Pikachu has been the mascot for the series, Lucario became one with his movie and his inclusion in Brawl. With that, he quickly became one of the most well-known Gen4 Pokémon. Zorua and Zoroark are following this same trend. Sure, there isn't a Smash game to put them in this time around, but they are easily the most well known Pokémon of Gen5.

Lastly, as has been said many MANY times previously by many people, event=/=legendary. There are way too many event-only Pokémon that are just variations of the norm (the multitude of Pichus and Pikachus, for instance) and not of legendaries for this to be a rule. Plus, with the advent of GTS, it's easier to get these Pokémon than ever. The true legendaries, such as Arceus, will still only be obtainable via real-life events, but the lesser ones will be through GTS or WiFi, I'm sure.

This brings about an interesting point. With the inclusion of all the one-shots in Gen4, we now have 3 classes of legendaries. False legendaries, such as Rotom and Manaphy that are hard to obtain, but aren't the same as the others and thus not really legendary at all; Normal legendaries, such as Dialga and Palkia, who are the cover mascots for that game; and then the true legendaries, such as Arceus, who can only be obtained legitimately via real-life events.

Zorua and Zoroark might qualify as the False Legendaries, but I doubt they even get that distinction.

Wow, that's one hell of a rant I just went on. :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, Zorua and Zoroark are the Gen V Riolu and Lucario :P

Not legendary, not even pseudo-legendary (well, we don't know their base stats, but I doubt they are), just fairly cool, unique ability (Lucario had unique typing), probably a signature move....but not legendary

The Red Chain

False legendaries, such as Rotom and Manaphy that are hard to obtain, but aren't the same as the others and thus not really legendary at all
    That's a tough one to call since Manaphy's base stat total is 600 ; sharing this trait with all the small legendaries, other equally powerful legendaries, and the pseudos. It's movepool and ability make it an especially tough opponent and have put it in the Uber category competitive wise. I'd say it's very much legendary myself, but that's just my opinion really.

It's hard for me to imagine Zorua being a baby Pokemon since it seems so much more... what's the right word? Mature.. than the other baby Pokemon. I think that works well. XD
    I also don't recall any of the baby Pokemon using telepathy either. I know Lucario did, but did Riolu..?

Zorua and Zoroark are following this same trend. Sure, there isn't a Smash game to put them in this time around, but they are easily the most well known Pokémon of Gen5.
    Great point you make there about the resemblance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    even if zoura is a lengendary i think its a manaphy phione relation notice you need a diffrent event for them

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Zorua and Zoroark are not legendaries.They have been confirmed to be event-only Pokémon, in that you need to transfer one of the Legendary Beasts from HG/SS to B/W to trigger it. Just because Zoroark has the special Illusion ability doesn't make him legendary either, nor does the fact that him (and Zorua) were the first Gen5 Pokémon to be revealed. Let's look at it this way, shall we?

Gen1:
    Articuno - One-shot
    Zapdos - One-shot
    Moltres - One-shot
    Mewtwo - One-shot

Gen2
    Raikou - Same
    Suicune - Same
    Lugia - One-shot
    Ho-oh - One-shot

Gen3
    Regis - All are One-shot
    Groudon - One-shot
    Kyogre - One-shot

Gen4
    Lake Trio - Only one of each, fly around region
    Rotom - One-shot
    Dialga - One-shot
    Palkia - One-shot
    Giratina - One-shot

I'm sure I forgot a few; that was all from memory. Also, by One-shot, I mean you only have one chance to catch it; if you knock it out or it runs, you're screwed.

In my experience, these are the ones considered Legendary by the community, or at least the ones I've been on. The only ones considered Legendary in Gen5 are Reshiram, Zekrom, and that little V guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Also, I think what everyone means by them being Gen5's Lucario (or at least what I take it to mean) is the mascot character of the generation. Much like Pikachu has been the mascot for the series, Lucario became one with his movie and his inclusion in Brawl. With that, he quickly became one of the most well-known Gen4 Pokémon. Zorua and Zoroark are following this same trend. Sure, there isn't a Smash game to put them in this time around, but they are easily the most well known Pokémon of Gen5.

Lastly, as has been said many MANY times previously by many people, event=/=legendary. There are way too many event-only Pokémon that are just variations of the norm (the multitude of Pichus and Pikachus, for instance) and not of legendaries for this to be a rule. Plus, with the advent of GTS, it's easier to get these Pokémon than ever. The true legendaries, such as Arceus, will still only be obtainable via real-life events, but the lesser ones will be through GTS or WiFi, I'm sure.

This brings about an interesting point. With the inclusion of all the one-shots in Gen4, we now have 3 classes of legendaries. False legendaries, such as Rotom and Manaphy that are hard to obtain, but aren't the same as the others and thus not really legendary at all; Normal legendaries, such as Dialga and Palkia, who are the cover mascots for that game; and then the true legendaries, such as Arceus, who can only be obtained legitimately via real-life events.

Zorua and Zoroark might qualify as the False Legendaries, but I doubt they even get that distinction.

Wow, that's one hell of a rant I just went on. :P

Manaphy isn't Nintendo Event only. You can get a Manaphy through the first Pokemon Ranger.

I believe there are other Legends that are transferable through similar means in the later version. Regigigas is debatable. Its not really an event, unless you count the Regigigas giveaway that unlocks the three Regi's in Platinum which makes the Golems Event Pokemon as well. Jiranchi was also given out through Colosseum's bonus disc. "Event" really depends on how you look at it. If by Event you mean something you have to do to unlock them, then all Legends are Event Pokemon.

Also Manaphi is a Mirage Legendary along with Mew, Jiranchi, Celebi, Vicitini, and Shaymin. All of which are tiny ...something I'm just noticing lol.

As for not looking like a baby, What about Riolu? It was heavily debated on whether or not it was a baby simply because it was brought in like Togepi. It was a baby Pokemon introduced at the same time as its Evolution. These small details were what made Togepi and Riolu arguable Baby Pokemon, even though unlike other baby Pokemon, Riolu and Togepi are also the basic forms.

Zorua looks like a baby to me. It has the cute chibi factor and the somewhat innocent air about it.

Last edited:

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    I was mistaken on a few details, my bad.

Also, I thought Baby Pokémon were the ones that could only be obtained via egg such as Igglybuff and Elekid? Obviously, you don't get Riolu from an egg, so he's not a Baby.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Manaphy isn't Nintendo Event only. You can get a Manaphy through the first Pokemon Ranger.

I believe there are other Legends that are transferable through similar means in the later version. Regigigas is debatable. Its not really an event, unless you count the Regigigas giveaway that unlocks the three Regi's in Platinum which makes the Golems Event Pokemon as well. Jiranchi was also given out through Colosseum's bonus disc. "Event" really depends on how you look at it. If by Event you mean something you have to do to unlock them, then all Legends are Event Pokemon.

Also Manaphi is a Mirage Legendary along with Mew, Jiranchi, Celebi, Vicitini, and Shaymin. All of which are tiny ...something I'm just noticing lol.

As for not looking like a baby, What about Riolu? It was heavily debated on whether or not it was a baby simply because it was brought in like Togepi. It was a baby Pokemon introduced at the same time as its Evolution. These small details were what made Togepi and Riolu arguable Baby Pokemon, even though unlike other baby Pokemon, Riolu and Togepi are also the basic forms.

Zorua looks like a baby to me. It has the cute chibi factor and the somewhat innocent air about it.
    Chibi factor? You have got to be kidding me.

There is no doubting that there is more than one Shaymin. I mean, Ash meets two and also there were three Shaymin on the screen at once in one of the newest Pokemon episodes. Same with Mew. They found a fossil of Mew, which means one died. But there was a live Mew in the movie, too. and you can't say that Victini is a mirage legendary, because we haven't experienced anything with it. There is more than one Regigigas, because the anime sees one at least twice and refers to it as "a" Regigigas. Manaphy and Phione.... we see multiple of those at once in the anime, too. And just because you can get a Manaphy is some spin-off game doesn't make it event only. And if you can get Jirachi through Pokemon Colloseum, that doesn't make it not event only. I mean, we can get Jirachi through action replays and the "Send .PKM files to retail games" program, so does that mean it's not event-only? No. No it doesn't.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Also, I thought Baby Pokémon were the ones that could only be obtained via egg such as Igglybuff and Elekid? Obviously, you don't get Riolu from an egg, so he's not a Baby.

You do get Riolu from an Egg. All the Gen 2 Babies are mandatory pre-evolutions meaning you can't get the basic forms in eggs. Gen 3 is when the very first "baby" (by your definition) Pokemon came out and that was Azuril. The only way to get an Azuril is to breed a Marill with Sea/Wave Incense. (can't remember which one). If you breed a Marill without the incense then you get a Marill. Fourth Gen expanded on this so Gen three was the first Generation to produce Baby Pokemon that can only be gotten from an egg and not through normal breeding.

List of Baby Pokemon: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Baby_Pokemon Both Togepi and Riolu are on the list.

Chibi factor? You have got to be kidding me.

There is no doubting that there is more than one Shaymin. I mean, Ash meets two and also there were three Shaymin on the screen at once in one of the newest Pokemon episodes. Same with Mew. They found a fossil of Mew, which means one died. But there was a live Mew in the movie, too. and you can't say that Victini is a mirage legendary, because we haven't experienced anything with it. There is more than one Regigigas, because the anime sees one at least twice and refers to it as "a" Regigigas. Manaphy and Phione.... we see multiple of those at once in the anime, too. And just because you can get a Manaphy is some spin-off game doesn't make it event only. And if you can get Jirachi through Pokemon Colloseum, that doesn't make it not event only. I mean, we can get Jirachi through action replays and the "Send .PKM files to retail games" program, so does that mean it's not event-only? No. No it doesn't.

For Jiranchi thing, Uhhh...Since the bonus disc was an official release of Jiranchi and was not an event. Therefore Jiranchi is not event only.

As for from the Spin off I said Manaphi wasn't event only. Also once again you bring in the Anime to a Videogame discussion. We've already been over that the Anime does things differently than the games. They are in two different universes and are two completely separate things. If all you can use to defend your point is pull out the Anime when it has nothing to do with the discussion or the details, then please don't even try to defend yourself.

I don't know how they classify Mirage Legendary Pokemon. I know Vicitini was called a Mirage Legendary on Serebii when it was released and they also classify Shaymin, Mew, Jiranchi, Celebi, and Manaphi as Mirage Legendaries. It either has something to do with why they are legendary or what ever reason they have. They get their information from another source, if you don't like the fact that are brought up go find the original source instead of trying to make up your own reasons to justify yourself.

And seriously learn to read I was clarifying the other person's post. Nintendo Event Only means that the Pokemon can only be recieved through an Nintendo hosted event like something from Wifi Central Mystery Gift function. Manaphy and Jiranchi can be gotten outside of Nintendo WFC and away from Nintendo sponsored Mystery Gift giveaways.

As for the Chibi factor, Yes Zorua has Chibi factor. It has a tiny body with a larger head. Something most of the babies have going on. Does it pass to normal Pokemon, I think so, but majority of the Chibi Pokemon are babies. Most look like chibi versions of their Basic forms. Only exceptions to that are some of the Gen 4 baby Pokemon and Tyrogue since it evolves into three Pokemon and Togepi.

Now I saw you mention Action Replay, Well seeing as we are talking about official ways to catch/Own pokemon and you bring in cheating I'm pretty positive you don't know what they hell you are talking about. The Action Replay can get you anything and is a very poor attempt to defend your point.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    Zoroark is indeed the 5th gen version of Lucario.

But Lucario would totally own Zoroark sadly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    You can't unless you get a special shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou in an event

if needing an out of game event helps to qualify it as a legendary then see the attachment i added from serebii stating that it ( zorua) is a pre-evolutionary form for zoroark that is activated by a celebii event from a movie giveaway
    but then again nothing i have found says it is a legendary pokemon either

in platinum pearl and diamond you do get riolu from an egg at iron island

Last edited by a moderator:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years

Gen1:
    Articuno - One-shot
    Zapdos - One-shot
    Moltres - One-shot
    Mewtwo - One-shot

Gen2
    Raikou - Same
    Suicune - Same
    Lugia - One-shot
    Ho-oh - One-shot

Gen3
    Regis - All are One-shot
    Groudon - One-shot
    Kyogre - One-shot

Gen4
    Lake Trio - Only one of each, fly around region Only one ran around Sinnoh (Mesprit)
    Rotom - One-shot Rotom is not a legendary.
    Dialga - One-shot
    Palkia - One-shot
    Giratina - One-shot
    We have had non legendaries where they are one only.

Gen 1
    Aerodactyl
    Kabuto
    Omanyte
    Lapras
    Farfetch'd
    lickitung
    Jynx
    Eevee

Gen 2
    Tyrogue
    Togepi
    Sudowoodo
    Eevee

Gen 3
    Hypno (In FRLG, was not a one off but it was in a event in the game)
    Wynaut

Gen 4
    Happiny
    RIOLU
    porygon
    Eevee
    Togepi (twice and one had an exclusive move)
    Rotom

So since Zorua and Zoroark are events and are one off's and they are legendaries then all of these pokemon are legendaries too.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think they are kinda like Riolu and Lucario... they were both like kinda some of the first pokemon to be revealed for their gen and they both had movies! And who said you couldn't get them in-game like the egg for lucario... their not ledgendery so theres bound to be more then one avilable the event ones will probably have special moves the in-game ones dont! (like the event pikachus with fly, surf etc...) :P

Cresselia can be caught in game without any event items or anything =P

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back