• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
After compiling, the error persists.

I agree with Lucidious, if you get that error, it's because you didn't compile.
But you think you did, which probably says that you're mistaking something for compiling. What did you do to compile?
OR, maybe you forgot to install the custom code to compile? (at the end of the Installation Guide).

Years
  • Age 44
  • They/Them
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
You arent compiling. You cannot be getting this error if you were. The game console will literally say "starting full compile" if you do so correctly.

It did. I have given up on trying to get this to work.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
It did. I have given up on trying to get this to work.

Again, no you didn't. Your error is literally an indication that you arent. If holding down a single button on start up is giving you this much trouble, then perhaps it's for the best that you move on until you have a stronger grasp of the basics of Essentials.

Years
  • Age 44
  • They/Them
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Again, no you didn't. Your error is literally an indication that you arent. If holding down a single button on start up is giving you this much trouble, then perhaps it's for the best that you move on until you have a stronger grasp of the basics of Essentials.
I am done with this plugin. I have uninstalled it because of the trouble it is causing me. I won't be reinstalling it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/ZUD_PowerMoves.txt, section 12, key header

Backtrace:
Compiler:335:in `checkEnumField'
Compiler:311:in `csvEnumField!'
Compiler:510:in `block in pbGetCsvRecord'
Compiler:402:in `each'
Compiler:402:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
[ZUD Plugin] Compilers.rb:128:in `block in compile_ZUD_PowerMoves'
Compiler:200:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:193:in `each_line'
Compiler:193:in `block in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:190:in `open'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea what to do with this error. I think it might have something to do with 2c instructions...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday

File PBS/ZUD_PowerMoves.txt, section 12, key header

Backtrace:
Compiler:335:in `checkEnumField'
Compiler:311:in `csvEnumField!'
Compiler:510:in `block in pbGetCsvRecord'
Compiler:402:in `each'
Compiler:402:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
[ZUD Plugin] Compilers.rb:128:in `block in compile_ZUD_PowerMoves'
Compiler:200:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:193:in `each_line'
Compiler:193:in `block in pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:190:in `open'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea what to do with this error. I think it might have something to do with 2c instructions...

You either didnt fully install the plugin because you skipped installation steps, or didnt compile.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Yeah that's the problem, I kind of got confused when it asked me to open the [000]General/Settings script in the ZUD Plugin folder,
and set "GMAX_XL_ICONS" to "false". Because I don't have a script in the, [000]General folder, only rb files, so I just skipped to the third step knowing it was gonna come back to bite me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Hah yeah... Turns out the rb files WERE the script... Now I'm just struggling to find the lines I need to edit and where the sections are. I can't seem to find" break if magicCoater>=0 || magicBouncer>=0 " anywhere and CTRL+F won't come up with anything.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Hah yeah... Turns out the rb files WERE the script... Now I'm just struggling to find the lines I need to edit and where the sections are. I can't seem to find" break if magicCoater>=0 || magicBouncer>=0 " anywhere and CTRL+F won't come up with anything.

CTRL + F + Shift searches the entire script. Try just looking for "magicBouncer", because you may have an extra space or something that is causing the search to fail. Also, if you're using the latest version of the Gen 8 Project, you don't have to do any of these steps, because ZUD script compatibility is already built in.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Okay so I didn't do the edits then because as you said, ZUD script compatibility is built in but even then, I am still getting that same breakneckblitz error from earlier when I compile while loading on the game. I am holding CTRL and it says its starting full compile so I just am not sure what the issue is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Okay so I didn't do the edits then because as you said, ZUD script compatibility is built in but even then, I am still getting that same breakneckblitz error from earlier when I compile while loading on the game. I am holding CTRL and it says its starting full compile so I just am not sure what the issue is.

You didnt paste the move PBS provided by the plugin in your moves.txt. And if you didnt do that, then I assume you didnt do the same for the Items either.

Please follow all of the instructions as stated. You cannot pick and choose what to do. Everything is required.

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
Years
So, I downloaded this plugin today, read the instructions and everything worked wonderfully straight away, reading the instructions helps people and not "I did it but it still gives me an error".

Thanks for this great plugin

CoreBear

Pokémon Master
Years
I do like the plugin, however whether by conflicts with other plugins I have installed or by my own personal error, for some reason I get music errors with ZUD installed. As in all audio except for pokemon cries are broken; unfortunately I don't have the error log anymore but it reported some sort of "fluidsynth error". Thought I'd mention it even if I'm not actively using ZUD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
I do like the plugin, however whether by conflicts with other plugins I have installed or by my own personal error, for some reason I get music errors with ZUD installed. As in all audio except for pokemon cries are broken; unfortunately I don't have the error log anymore but it reported some sort of "fluidsynth error". Thought I'd mention it even if I'm not actively using ZUD

Definitely not related to this plugin. Nothing concerning audio is touched other than simply adding new music tracks and sound effects. A quick Google search shows that "Fluidsynth" is some sort of audio editing program, so perhaps some custom audio you have originated from there and can't be read properly by Essentials for some reason? Idk how any of the audio code works, so *shrug*

Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen May 7, 2022
question, i finished installing it, and i could load up the game, but when ever i get into a battle, it shows this error:
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method 'expFraction' for#<Pokemon (what ever the pokemon was) Lv. (the level of the pokemon)>

Backtrace:
197: PokeBattle_SceneElements:166: in 'expFraction'
197: PokeBattle_SceneElements:287: in 'refreshExp'
[ZUD Plugin] UI Databox.rb:158:in 'refresh'
197: PokeBattle_SceneElements:39: in 'initialize'

i was wondering if you would be able to help me out, and if you need the rest of the backtrace i can give it

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
question, i finished installing it, and i could load up the game, but when ever i get into a battle, it shows this error:
Message: undefined method 'expFraction' for#<Pokemon (what ever the pokemon was) Lv. (the level of the pokemon)>

Backtrace:
197: PokeBattle_SceneElements:166: in 'expFraction'
197: PokeBattle_SceneElements:287: in 'refreshExp'
[ZUD Plugin] UI Databox.rb:158:in 'refresh'
197: PokeBattle_SceneElements:39: in 'initialize'

i was wondering if you would be able to help me out, and if you need the rest of the backtrace i can give it

Not a ZUD error. You've edited your code with some outdated methods. Particularly "expFraction" which is defined as "exp_fraction" instead, in v19+.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
Most likely this problem is an incompatibility, but I would like to know if you have any solution to be able to use both scripts.

[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Message: Script error in event 8 (coords 36,62), map 91 (Viridian Forest):

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, :BUTTERFREE,
[:SILVERPOWDER,3], :Forest, true)

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Utilities.rb:524:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Most likely this problem is an incompatibility, but I would like to know if you have any solution to be able to use both scripts.

[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Message: Script error in event 8 (coords 36,62), map 91 (Viridian Forest):

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, :BUTTERFREE,
[:SILVERPOWDER,3], :Forest, true)

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'

No compatibility issue. Just a weird bug that a handful of people seem to have reported that for whatever reason I have never been able to replicate, and thus have never been able to fix. I have to assume it's some sort of user error, because I've tried to make this error happen for me, and I have never been able to trigger it. My guess is that your den event has some garbage data saved to it that wasn't properly cleared, and now its stuck trying to load a non-existing Pokemon as the raid boss. Try restarting a new save file, or manually resetting the den by holding CTRL when accessing it in Debug mode. If that doesn't work, then I literally have no idea.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 29, 2023
I'm having this problem when starting a Max Raid Den. (before you ask, the plugin was correctly compiled, i think, Dynamax Adventures works good and it's in a New Save. Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian. Oh, and, even with my little problem, this is one of the best plugins!)

[EBDX v1.2.6]

Message: Script error in event 4 (coords 9,8), map 113 (Den):

***Full script:
pbResetRaidSettings
pbMaxRaid

Backtrace:
130:Species:70:in `get_species_form'