• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah, I thought I fixed that. It's a really weird bug and im not 100% sure what causes it. It doesnt happen to me anymore though, so im not sure why its happening for you. Are you using the Gen 8 Project, or regular v19.1?

Yes, I am using Gen 8 project. It seems to only happen when Intimidate is enabled. The process of increasing and decreasing stats from moves is still normal.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes, I am using Gen 8 project. It seems to only happen when Intimidate is enabled. The process of increasing and decreasing stats from moves is still normal.

Thats even weirder if youre using the Gen 8 Project, because this bug NEVER happened for me on there, only vanilla v19.1.

The bug also isnt limited to Intimidate, it triggers on a ton of different things. Weather messages, berry procs, other entry message abilities like Mold Breaker, and battle terrains. Probably more. Ill play around with it and see if i can get it to pop up for me again, but so far it hasnt appeared ever since I "fixed" it a few weeks ago. So i have no idea why its suddenly happening again for you.

Do you have any other plugins or scripts installed?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Thats even weirder if youre using the Gen 8 Project, because this bug NEVER happened for me on there, only vanilla v19.1.

The bug also isnt limited to Intimidate, it triggers on a ton of different things. Weather messages, berry procs, other entry message abilities like Mold Breaker, and battle terrains. Probably more. Ill play around with it and see if i can get it to pop up for me again, but so far it hasnt appeared ever since I "fixed" it a few weeks ago. So i have no idea why its suddenly happening again for you.

Do you have any other plugins or scripts installed?

- Item Crafting UI
    - Overworld Shadows EX
    - BW Party Screen
    - BW Summary Screen
    - v19.1 Hotfixes
    - ZUD Plugin Scripts,
    those are all the plugins that i have installed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    - Item Crafting UI
    - Overworld Shadows EX
    - BW Party Screen
    - BW Summary Screen
    - v19.1 Hotfixes
    - ZUD Plugin Scripts,
    đó là tất cả các plugin mà tôi đã cài đặt.

Yeah lol then in that case idk. I would have to assume one of those scripts is overwriting the "fix" that I implemented. Try temporarily removing each of those plugins other than the Hotfixes (since I know those aren't the problem), and test if the problem persists with each one. This way we can narrow down where the incompatibility is, and maybe I can release a patch for it. Recompile your game each time for good measure, just to be sure.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah lol then in that case idk. I would have to assume one of those scripts is overwriting the "fix" that I implemented. Try temporarily removing each of those plugins other than the Hotfixes (since I know those aren't the problem), and test if the problem persists with each one. This way we can narrow down where the incompatibility is, and maybe I can release a patch for it. Recompile your game each time for good measure, just to be sure.

I reinstalled each plugin and determined the problem was in this plugin =)

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes, I see the line "v1.0.4" in the Debug Board.

Yeah then i have no idea. I havent been able to replicate this error since it was fixed, so unless several people begin reporting it, I have to assume there's some weird bug with your particular project. If you feel like investigating this a bit more, try downloading a fresh copy if v19.1/Gen 8 and install ZUD on that and see if you get the same issue.

Ill play around with it some more on a fresh copy as well when I get home and see if perhaps i overlooked something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    I've been unable to successfully open the Raid Database each time I try I get an error
    Spoiler:

Similarly, every time I try and do a raid I get a error that also alerts me about Regional Forms.
    Spoiler:

Any help would be apreciated

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been unable to successfully open the Raid Database each time I try I get an error
    Spoiler:

Similarly, every time I try and do a raid I get a error that also alerts me about Regional Forms.
    Spoiler:

Thats probably another example of me accidentally uploading a script that wasnt up to date. I really need to organize my desktop files lol. Ill look into it when im home.

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ok yep, this was my fault. The Settings.rb file in the "Secondary Installation" folder was out of date. It's been updated in the link. I also replaced all of the scripts in the Plugin folder with the most up to date scripts I'm using, just in case there's still something I overlooked that isn't up to date.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Thanks, that fixed it. I played through a couple of raids and its just like the Sword and Shield. I can't believe your coding ability, its unreal.
    However, I am sad to report that I am also experiencing the shrinking text issue. I tried to trouble shoot it myself but I have had no luck.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks, that fixed it. I played through a couple of raids and its just like the Sword and Shield. I can't believe your coding ability, its unreal.
    However, I am sad to report that I am also experiencing the shrinking text issue. I tried to trouble shoot it myself but I have had no luck.

Ah ok, I guess its a real problem then. Thats really annoying. I have no idea why i cant replicate it. I suppose ill download a fresh copy of Essentials and start troubleshooting the issue.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah then i have no idea. I havent been able to replicate this error since it was fixed, so unless several people begin reporting it, I have to assume there's some weird bug with your particular project. If you feel like investigating this a bit more, try downloading a fresh copy if v19.1/Gen 8 and install ZUD on that and see if you get the same issue.

Ill play around with it some more on a fresh copy as well when I get home and see if perhaps i overlooked something.

thanks for your help. Unfortunately it still happens when I reinstall all. (╥﹏╥)

Years
    • Seen today
    thanks for your help. Unfortunately it still happens when I reinstall all. (╥﹏╥)

Yeah someone else is getting this issue now, so i guess it must be a thing. I dont know why its not happening to me, but i suppose ill have to figure it out.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok well I'm really stumped on this one, guys. I downloaded a fresh copy of Essentials v19.1, downloaded and installed the Hotfixes, downloaded and installed ZUD, started a New Game, and then entered a battle with Intimidate Gyarados as my lead and....nothing. It works fine. No small text. So yeah. I don't know how I'm supposed an solve an error that I don't get.

EDIT: Perhaps starting a new game is what resolves this issue? Perhaps this issue only pops up on existing saves? Idk, just spitballing. Lmk if someone can confirm this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Hi, good job in everything you do Lucidious89.

I am here to report the same issue of the shrinking text is happening to me too, in a fresh install and new game.
    It only happend when the lead pokemon has intimidate. If I lead with charmander and then change the Pokemon to 1 that has intimidate, the text works normally.

If the other Pokemon has an ability like Full Metal Body the issue still happends.

I tried checking the scripts, and I don`t see anywhere where ZUD changes that part of the game.

If you need that I check more in depth or other things, let me know.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, good job in everything you do Lucidious89.

I am here to report the same issue of the shrinking text is happening to me too, in a fresh install and new game.
    It only happend when the lead pokemon has intimidate. If I lead with charmander and then change the Pokemon to 1 that has intimidate, the text works normally.

If the other Pokemon has an ability like Full Metal Body the issue still happends.

I tried checking the scripts, and I don`t see anywhere where ZUD changes that part of the game.

If you need that I check more in depth or other things, let me know.

Ok it seems I've finally been able to replicate this issue myself now. The problem is, I have no idea what I did to trigger it. It only happens on ONE version of my playtest games (I have 3 - one for Gen 8, one for testing edits, and one clean vanilla copy as a control), and all three were working fine yesterday. Now for some reason, the second one is giving me the shrinking text. The only thing I did differently with this game was load Luka's Scripting Utilities plugin into the game, so that I could begin work on EBDX compatibility. And since Luka's script doesn't touch anything related to the battle text as far as I can tell, I have no idea why this would trigger the bug.

My guess would be that it has something to do with the Plugin Manager itself then, but I don't have any idea why that is, or why it only appears to be triggered specifically with the ZUD Plugin, and not anyone else's plugins. So I'm one step forward and two steps back in figuring out this issue.

EDIT: Bizarrely, it seems that after ZUD has been disabled in a project where this bug has been triggered, the bug still remains. I deleted my plugins data and removed ZUD, and I'm still getting the shrinking text. So this is either a bug with the Plugin Manager/Essentials itself (which, for some reason, is initially triggered by something related to ZUD), or possibly something related to one of the manual script edits required for ZUD installation. I don't know. It's a work in progress, I'll keep tinkering with it.

Last edited:
    Back