• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
    • Online now
    I got the ZUD plugin to work, but I have one question. How do I give my pokemon the g-max factor?

There are multiple ways, as have been mentioned. If youre playing in Debug mode, you can quickly do so by simply using the Debug options in the party menu (within the Level/stats sub menu). If you want to give G-Max factor through normal gameplay, the custom item Max Soup can be consumed by a Pokemon to give it G-Max Factor.

And finally, if you want to give G-Max factor through other means (an event, or custom script of some kind), you can use the function giveGMaxFactor on a Pokemon to force it to apply on that Pokemon.

Keep in mind that forcing G-Max factor in this way will allow it to apply to ANY species, whereas the Debug tool and Max Soup item are coded in a way so that it only applies to eligible species.

Kamkam2005

Infernitaur
    Years
    How exactly do I start a max raid? I tried to start a G-max Charizard raid, but keep getting errors. Probably because I might not be doing it right.

Years
    • Online now
    How exactly do I start a max raid? I tried to start a G-max Charizard raid, but keep getting errors. Probably because I might not be doing it right.

There's an entire tutorial on the first page dedicated to Max Raids. There's nothing I could say that would be more thorough and detailed an explanation than what's stated there, unless there's a very specific question or issue you're having.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Can you help me?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    Can you help me?
    Spoiler:

Possibly, if you provide some context.
    When does this error occur, what moves, what battlers, what type of battle (single, double), etc. I can't really tell much from this error alone.

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years
    I know this may sound like a dumb question, but is this Plugin Compatible with Essentials v17.2? If not, does anybody knows about a resource which is?
    This plugin is not compatible with v 17.2, you can try amethyst rains z moves add on and fauna's dynamax tutorial forz moves and dynamax respectively.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I know this may sound like a dumb question, but is this Plugin Compatible with Essentials v17.2? If not, does anybody knows about a resource which is?

This plugin is not compatible with v 17.2, you can try amethyst rains z moves add on and fauna's dynamax tutorial forz moves and dynamax respectively.

Amethyst's add on was for v16 ^^"
    V17.2 and v18.1 are pretty different as far as battles are concerned, so it'll be pretty hard to downgrade it, I doubt anyone did it.

Years
    • Online now
    Yeah theres so many differences in v17.2 that id say a good 70-80% of this plugin would have to be completely redone from scratch to get it working. You can try adapting the original scripts that Shashu mentioned, but they will be extremely buggy, and wont be anywhere near as complete as this plugin. You'll also still be missing the entire Max Raid mechanic.

Nobody likes to waste their time downgrading scripts, so youre likely out of luck. You should probably just upgrade your project. v18+ is such a vast improvement.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Hello!
    I got this error after my Gigantamax Pikachu defeated a Chewtle that had Jawlocked me before.

Chewtle uses Jaw Lock on Pikachu -> Pikachu Gigantamax and uses G-Max Volt Crash on Chewtle -> defeats Chewtle -> this error

Spoiler:

Some lines seem to be related to "Baton Pass"...

Do you think that other trapping moves and abilities would give the same error?

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Haven't tested it yet, but:

In Battler_Initialize line 235: "b.effects[PBEffects::Jawlock] = false" Jawlock instead of JawLock (Capital "L")
    Might be the answer?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Hello!
    I got this error after my Gigantamax Pikachu defeated a Chewtle that had Jawlocked me before.

Chewtle uses Jaw Lock on Pikachu -> Pikachu Gigantamax and uses G-Max Volt Crash on Chewtle -> defeats Chewtle -> this error

Spoiler:

Some lines seem to be related to "Baton Pass"...

Do you think that other trapping moves and abilities would give the same error?

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Haven't tested it yet, but:

In Battler_Initialize line 235: "b.effects[PBEffects::Jawlock] = false" Jawlock instead of JawLock (Capital "L")
    Might be the answer?

This doesn't really have anything to do with this plugin, but the issue is that you haven't added the Jaw Lock effect to pbInitEffects(batonPass) so that it may be initialized in battle.

Oh, I just read your edit and yeah, that's probably it. All your instances of PBEffects:JawLock have to match how its entered in the script PBEffects (which is with the capital L in the Gen 8 Project).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Yes, this was more Gen 8 Project than ZUD, but I thought it had something to do with it because of the 1st error line "Battler_Initialize:235:in `_ZUD_pbInitEffects' ". I'm a newbie, my bad. I don't know if this little issue affects someone else with the Gen 8 Project or just me, so I'm still going to post this fix in Gen 8 thread. An admin or mod can delete the whole question if they want.

Years
    • Online now
    Yes, this was more Gen 8 Project than ZUD, but I thought it had something to do with it because of the 1st error line "Battler_Initialize:235:in `_ZUD_pbInitEffects' ". I'm a newbie, my bad. I don't know if this little issue affects someone else with the Gen 8 Project or just me, so I'm still going to post this fix in Gen 8 thread. An admin or mod can delete the whole question if they want.

Yeah the _ZUD_pbInitEffects is just an alias of the default pbInitEffects. By which I mean that it basically just calls the same method, only with all the ZUD effects initialized. So basically it just allows the ZUD-exclusive effects (the move effect for Max Guard, for example) to be added to pbInitEffects without having to manually add each effect into pbInitEffects.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    Does the max raid script work with fakemon? I tried to make a script involving them, even changing the default Pokemon to one, but it is always a Ditto. Could it be an issue with being under the Compiler section? (I have made some edits to the script to make it work without the Gen 8 project and those changes showed up.)

Years
    • Online now
    Does the max raid script work with fakemon? I tried to make a script involving them, even changing the default Pokemon to one, but it is always a Ditto. Could it be an issue with being under the Compiler section? (I have made some edits to the script to make it work without the Gen 8 project and those changes showed up.)

We designed this specifically for the Gen 8 project, so I cant really begin to tell you what the issue is if youre using a self edited plugin on a different version of Essentials.

By default, however, Max Raids work with any Pokemon that appears in the pokemon pbs file, other than the ones that are specifically banned from appearing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Hey I got this error when I installed the plugin :

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Here's what the script like ( the line number 50 is theone with " class Pokebattle_ZMove "

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    I figured it out, thanks.
    Is there's a way to :
    - Resize a little bit the Charizard G-Max in battle because we can't see his full sprite
    - Change the battle music for the dynamax ? I dunno where it is on the script.

Thanks !

Back