• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
    • Seen today
    The problem, which I think is you set gigantamax to yes, though bellsprout don't have a gigantamax form. Try changing it to gigantamax=no. I ain't sure about this but this is what I found weird.

That isn't the problem. The Gigantamax setting is ignored if the species doesn't have a G-Max form.

Yep, for sure, my opponents is like this:

I see what the issue is. It has to do with the fact that Bellsprout has less than 4 moves. When I fixed the issue of level-up moves not appearing as Max Moves in the menu after learning them, I didn't account for the fact that there might be empty moveslots. So the code is trying to turn a non-existing move into a Max Move, which is obviously impossible. So it returns an error.

In ZUD_02 replace the entire def pbDynamaxTimer method with this:
    Code:
    def pbDynamaxTimer
        eachBattler do |b|
          next if b.effects[PBEffects::Dynamax]<=0
          # Converts any newly-learned moves into Max Moves while Dynamaxed.
          for m in 0...b.moves.length
            next if b.moves[m].id==0 || b.moves[m].id==nil
            next if b.moves[m].maxMove?
            b.moves[m] = PokeBattle_MaxMove.pbFromOldMove(self,b,b.moves[m])
          end
          b.effects[PBEffects::Dynamax]-=1
          b.unmax if b.effects[PBEffects::Dynamax]==0
          pbRaidUpdate(b)
        end
      end

Alternatively, just reinstall ZUD_02. It's been updated in the link.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    That isn't the problem. The Gigantamax setting is ignored if the species doesn't have a G-Max form.

I see what the issue is. It has to do with the fact that Bellsprout has less than 4 moves. When I fixed the issue of level-up moves not appearing as Max Moves in the menu after learning them, I didn't account for the fact that there might be empty moveslots. So the code is trying to turn a non-existing move into a Max Move, which is obviously impossible. So it returns an error.

In ZUD_02 replace the entire def pbDynamaxTimer method with this:
    Code:
    def pbDynamaxTimer
        eachBattler do |b|
          next if b.effects[PBEffects::Dynamax]<=0
          # Converts any newly-learned moves into Max Moves while Dynamaxed.
          for m in 0...b.moves.length
            next if b.moves[m].id==0 || b.moves[m].id==nil
            next if b.moves[m].maxMove?
            b.moves[m] = PokeBattle_MaxMove.pbFromOldMove(self,b,b.moves[m])
          end
          b.effects[PBEffects::Dynamax]-=1
          b.unmax if b.effects[PBEffects::Dynamax]==0
          pbRaidUpdate(b)
        end
      end

Alternatively, just reinstall ZUD_02. It's been updated in the link.

Thank you so much! It's working fine now! Really appreciate your efforts!

Kamkam2005

Infernitaur
    Years
    I added in the code for z-moves, ultra burst, and dynamax. Then this happened. How do I fix it?

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:

Main:14:in `initialize'

Main:14:in `new'

Main:14:in `pbCallTitle'

Main:44:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:24:in `mainFunction'

Main:24:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:55

Main:54:in `loop'

Main:63

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I added in the code for z-moves, ultra burst, and dynamax. Then this happened. How do I fix it?

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:

Main:14:in `initialize'

Main:14:in `new'

Main:14:in `pbCallTitle'

Main:44:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:24:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:55

Main:54:in `loop'

Main:63

That's a weird error. Did you insert the scripts properly above Main? It looks like something is wrong in Main, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this plugin. Did you get this error when entering the game normally, or through Debug mode?

Years
    • Seen today
    The error started after I tried to add in the ZUD plugin. Might have done something wrong in the process.

Did you place the scripts in the appropriate place above Main, as shown here in the installation guide?
    Code:
    =======================
    Compiler
    Compiler PBS
    Compiler MapsAndEvents
    =======================
    ZUD_01_Settings_Misc
    ZUD_02_Battle_Mechanics
    ZUD_03_Battle_Display
    ZUD_04_Battle_Effects
    ZUD_05_Move_Data
    ZUD_06_Move_Effects
    ZUD_07_Updated_Effects
    ZUD_08_Updated_Sprites
    ZUD_09_Compilers
    ZUD_10_Pokedex
    ZUD_MaxRaid_01_Battle
    ZUD_MaxRaid_02_Events
    =======================
    Main

Kamkam2005

Infernitaur
    Years
    Yes. Also had the mid battle dialogue script, the better fast-forward script, the overworld shadows script, and the quicksave script

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes. Also had the mid battle dialogue script, the better fast-forward script, the overworld shadows script, and the quicksave script

That's a lot of scripts. I have no clue how any of those work besides Mid Battle Dialogue, so if there's a conflict, I wouldn't know how to fix it. However, my general advice would be to make sure all ZUD scripts are installed below everything else.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know if this problem is exclusive to me, but Extreme Evoboost does not raise stats. I changed the "Additional effect chance" to 100, and then it raised my stats. But it actually does damage.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know if this problem is exclusive to me, but Extreme Evoboost does not raise stats. I changed the "Additional effect chance" to 100, and then it raised my stats. But it actually does damage.

Good catch. We apparently dropped the ball when it came to testing that particular move, because there's actually a few things wrong with it.

First of all, its data in the moves.txt PBS file is incorrect. Its target should be set as "User" instead of "NearOther".
    Next, the move is incorrectly inheriting the damage category of Last Resort (physical), instead of being set as a status move. That's why it's doing damage and the effect doesn't trigger. This requires a few script edits, but nothing too drastic. I would recommend leaving the Additional Effect chance at 0, because setting this to a number could mean that effects that alter effect chance could theoretically prevent its effect from triggering, but its effect shouldn't be preventable. I can't think of any scenario where this could happen, but its possible.

In the ZUD_05 script, within class PokeBattle_ZMove, replace the def initialize method with this new code:
    Code:
    def initialize(battle,move,pbmove)
        super(battle, pbmove)
        moveData    = pbGetMoveData(pbmove.id)
        @category   = (moveData[MOVE_CATEGORY]==2) ? 2 : move.category
        @oldmove    = move
        @oldname    = move.name
        @status     = @oldmove.statusMove?
        if @status
          @name     = "Z-" + move.name
          @oldmove.name = @name
        end 
        @baseDamage = pbZMoveBaseDamage(move) if @baseDamage==1 && @category<2
        @short_name = (@name.length > 15 && SHORTEN_MOVES) ? @name[0..12] + "..." : @name
        @flags = (@flags[/z/] ? @flags : @flags + "z") # Z-Status moves
      end

The moves.txt PBS file and the ZUD_05 script have been updated in the download link to reflect these changes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Tried that. Still getting the same error. Might have to restart my Greece region project.

Link to these scripts it you want me to glance over them for any conflicts. I can't help if I don't even know what they change in the script.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Link to these scripts it you want me to glance over them for any conflicts. I can't help if I don't even know what they change in the script.
    Here are the scripts: (broken link removed), (broken link removed), (broken link removed) and Mid-battle dialogue.

Do you know if you got this error prior to installing the ZUD Plugin? Because it honestly seems like it's something completely unrelated.

I checked the scripts, none of them seem to generate these conflicts (neither does ZUD).
    I venture to make the hypothesis that it's completely unrelated to the content of any of the scripts you mentioned, including ZUD. So the issue lies elsewhere.

Line 14 of Main is:
    Code:
      return Scene_DebugIntro.new if $DEBUG
    and the error says that the constructor (the "new" function here, or the "initialize" function when defined in the class) has the wrong number of arguments (expected 2 arguments and got 0).
    The fact that it got 0 arguments is normal (at least in v18.1). The fact that it expected 2 is not.

You should check your code and see if you find other definitions of Scene_DebugIntro; maybe because it inherits another class (which it shouldn't) or it defines an initialize function (which it shouldn't either).

Tried that. Still getting the same error. Might have to restart my Greece region project.
    Poor boy.
    If you find no new definition of Scene_DebugIntro, remove ZUD completely (also revert any addition written in the main post) and see if you get the same error.

Last edited:

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    This code was present in ZUD_04 - Move Effects.

I think you have said that we can set Max/GMax Moves animations by Move:Max/GMaxStuff then what is the purpose of using that @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Wildfire")
    and then commenting out it ?
    Also why there are seperate common animation for player and oppoments ?

Spoiler:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    This code was present in ZUD_04 - Move Effects.

I think you have said that we can set Max/GMax Moves animations by Move:Max/GMaxStuff then what is the purpose of using that @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Wildfire")
    and then commenting out it ?
    Also why there are seperate common animation for player and oppoments ?

Spoiler:

These are placeholders.
    Besides, the animations called here are not Move animations. They are common animations. Move animations (Move:STUFF) are called when using the move, and common animations (Common:STUFF) are used anywhere else (see for example, the shiny animation).

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Hey there Mr. Lucidious and StCooler I want to ask about two things hope you will reply --

1. I was digging in tue scripts and i found some interseting codes -
    a. In Script ZUD_04 Battle Effects Script in Section 1 after Compatibility code for Mid Battle dialouge i found this code
    Spoiler:

I think in this code the line @battle.pbCommonAnimation("ZPower",user,nil) set the Common:ZPower animation ! I havent tested because I am unable to access my pc right now, so try it ?

b. Now in ZUD_02 Battle Mechanics Script in section 3 in #Use the eligible mechanic

Spoiler:

The lines pbCommonAnimation("UltraBurst",battler)
    pbCommonAnimation("UltraBurst2",battler)
    together compose the Common Animation for ultraburst like mega evolution . I even didnt tested it too so try it ?

c. Now in the same script in the section two the code here

Spoiler:

The line @battle.pbCommonAnimation("UnDynamax",self) sets common animation for reverting to base after dynamaxing turns are over or pokemon is fainted , Not tested it too , so try it .

2. So after observing all these codes i think for the Common:Dynamax animation should be the underlimed code in the spoiler

Spoiler:

So they must be like Common:Dynamax1 and Common:Dynamax2 similar to Ulyra Burst and Mega Evolution.
    Now correct this if I am wrong .

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey there Mr. Lucidious and StCooler I want to ask about two things hope you will reply --
    I am really sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.

Are you asking about the nomenclature of the animations?

When you call pbCommonAnimation("STUFF",...) it's going to look for an animation named Common:STUFF. So... what more can I say?
    Yes, the way we coded ZUD implies that the common animations are:
    Common:ZPower
    Common:UltraBurst
    Common:UltraBurst2
    Common:UnDynamax

And we don't call any common animation for Dynamax, because we felt it was not necessary, as we already have the "[Trainer] recalled [Pokémon]" animation that perfectly does the job.

But again, I am not sure I understand what you want so bear with me ^^"

Back