• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
    • Seen today
    I have done adapt animated battler only from EBS bitmap wrapper and I Made it standalone for v18 PE Essentials and Workin'
    And the bad news...this script not compatible with ZUD plugin..
    If You are want to make the script compatible with ZUD, I can give the link of my trhead..
    And I have problem with Size of sprites, too large and make the battler sprites over the game border..
    You can check it if You want to know it.
    The large sprites aren't really a "problem", that's more just an issue of screen size. That's why I made it a toggleable option with the DYNAMAX_SIZE setting in the script, so you can turn it off if you find it aesthetically displeasing. You can just keep the red overlay instead if you want (which can also be toggled off). Alternatively, you can simply increase the game window with Pokeminer's Modular Battle Scene if you want more space to play with utilizing enlarged sprites.

And it's unfortunate that your work on animated sprites isn't compatible with this, though im 100% sure there must be a way to make it compatible, since EBS enlarged its sprites all the time while still keeping them animated. I'm not super interested in doing it myself, though.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have done adapt animated battler only from EBS bitmap wrapper and I Made it standalone for v18 PE Essentials and Workin'
    And the bad news...this script not compatible with ZUD plugin..
    If You are want to make the script compatible with ZUD, I can give the link of my trhead..
    And I have problem with Size of sprites, too large and make the battler sprites over the game border..
    You can check it if You want to know it.
    Spoiler:

I see..
    I'ill use that solution
    Trying modular battle scene for this script.
    Thank's for help

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    I purposely gave every Raid Pokemon healing moves (if capable of learning one) to make the raids harder/more interesting, and to ensure that raid Pokemon have access to Max Guard. I didn't replicate movesets as they are in the main series. Mostly because it would be ridiculous to manually code in a moveset for every single species in every possible rank. So I designed the movesets to be automatically created in a much more generalized way based on what made sense to me.

In the Raid Events script, def pbGetMaxRaidMoves is what handles moveset generation. This gives every raid Pokemon one random STAB move, coverage move, spread move, as well as one support/healing move out of all the moves they're compatible with. All the eligible "support" moves are found in the "whitelist" array. This mostly consists of healing moves, stat buffs, or protect moves. Add/Remove the function codes for the moves you want to appear there. You can use the Max Raid Database to view what support moves each particular species may spawn with.

Ohh okay i see, thank you!

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years
    I found an weird thing in the pokemon.txt provided in the download. Deoxys hidden ability was given there as Mutate but I didnt find any ability as such. Is this a bug?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    It seems like there is something wrong with D008 moves like G-Max Stun Shock.
    If a pokemon already has Paralysis status,it may get Poisoned after oppose using that move.
    In other words,the old status was covered.And I dont know if it is the right effect in SWSH.

Also,it seems that the move Weather Ball will cause bug while changing to max move.

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I found an weird thing in the pokemon.txt provided in the download. Deoxys hidden ability was given there as Mutate but I didnt find any ability as such. Is this a bug?

Whoops, this is my mistake! I released the wrong version of pokemon.txt!
    I've updated the file.

Years
    • Seen today
    It seems like there is something wrong with D008 moves like G-Max Stun Shock.
    If a pokemon already has Paralysis status,it may get Poisoned after oppose using that move.
    In other words,the old status was covered.And I dont know if it is the right effect in SWSH.

Also,it seems that the move Weather Ball will cause bug while changing to max move.

For Weather Ball, the bug is simply due to an oversight. In ZUD_04, the line
    Code:
    newMove  = PokeBattle_MaxMove.pbFromOldMove(@battle,oldMove,newMove)
    Should instead read:
    Code:
    newMove  = PokeBattle_MaxMove.new(@battle,oldMove,newMove)

I'll look into the status Max Moves, I'm sure it's a simple fix as well.

I'll update the plugin once these issues are all fixed.

Years
    • Seen today

The download link has been updated with fixes for these issues.

Change Log:
    • The error that would occur when Max Moves are converted to other Max Moves has been fixed (Weather Ball, Terrain Pulse, Multi-Attack, etc.)
    • Moves like G-Max Volt Crash and G-Max Stun Shock will no longer replace the opponent's existing status effects.
    • Upon learning a level-up move while Dynamaxed, the new move will instantly be converted into a Max Move instead of displaying the regular move.

The only scripts that have been edited are ZUD_02, ZUD_04, and ZUD_06, so just replace those scripts with the new ones in the link.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2022
    First of all incredible plugin!
    I installed this plugin a few days ago and everything works fine but the only issue I have is that I can't mega evolve my pokemon. The icon of mega evolving does not appear at all.
    I checked the name of the icon and it appears to be named correctly.

Years
    • Seen today
    I installed this plugin a few days ago and everything works fine but the only issue I have is that I can't mega evolve my pokemon. The icon of mega evolving does not appear at all.

That's an issue with the Gen 8 Project itself, I believe, rather than this plugin. I'm fairly sure that issue's been addressed already, check that thread for details.

Years
    • Seen today

Have you insert megas Evo script in Pokemon_MegaEvolution script?

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update:
    I updated the pokemon.txt PBS file in the download to tweak various Habitat info. I also added in the appropriate Regional Dex numbers for all species up to the Unova Dex (it was getting too tedious to do Gens 6-8 lol, maybe some other time). I used the most up to date Regional Dexes to determine dex numbers (for example, I used the Kanto Dex from LGPE, which includes Meltan and Melmetal, instead of the Kanto Dex found in FRLG). I also added in new evo's/prevo's for species if they received new ones in later gens (for example, Dusknoir is in the Hoenn Dex, because its part of a Hoenn Dex-species family).

This'll allow for better search functions while setting up Raid Dens or using the Max Raid Database, because now you can search for species within the regional dexes from the first five gens, rather than just Kanto or Johto.

Remember to add these additional regional dexes in def pbDexNames in the Settings script to allow these dexes to appear. Keep in mind that this is a completely optional thing to install, so don't bother installing it if you have your own custom regional dexes, or don't intend on using multiple regions in your game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Awesome job guys! It's working really well, it's just not working when I'm battling against a Bellsprout, in the middle of the battle I receive this error message:

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:

ZUD_04_Battle_Effects:59:in `maxMove?'

ZUD_02_Battle_Mechanics:627:in `pbDynamaxTimer'

ZUD_02_Battle_Mechanics:626:in `each'

ZUD_02_Battle_Mechanics:626:in `pbDynamaxTimer'

ZUD_02_Battle_Mechanics:623:in `eachBattler'

PokeBattle_Battle:421:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:421:in `eachBattler'

ZUD_02_Battle_Mechanics:633:in `pbDynamaxTimer'

Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:698:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:40:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Silver Chronicles 2021\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------

Looks like it's related to the special ability that recovers everyone's health between turns. Can you replicate this issue on your end?

Years
    • Seen today
    Awesome job guys! It's working really well, it's just not working when I'm battling against a Bellsprout, in the middle of the battle I receive this error message:

This probably has something to do with the fix I just added for level-up moves. I guess I didn't test it enough. I'll look into it. Can you give me the exact details that caused this error? Your Pokemon, the moves it has, the opponent's details, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    This probably has something to do with the fix I just added for level-up moves. I guess I didn't test it enough. I'll look into it. Can you give me the exact details that caused this error? Your Pokemon, the moves it has, the opponent's details, etc.

Yep, for sure, my opponents is like this:

[ELDER,Li]
    Pokemon = BELLSPROUT,12
    Moves = VINEWHIP,ACIP,STUNSPORE
    TrainerAce = yes
    DynamaxLvl = 5
    Gigantamax = yes
    Pokemon = HOOTHOOT,12
    Pokemon = BELLSPROUT,12
    Moves = VINEWHIP,ACIP,POISONPOWDER
    Pokemon = BELLSPROUT,12
    Moves = VINEWHIP,ACIP,SLEEPPOWDER

The error just happens when Bellsprout dynamaxes - I tried before on Hoothoot and other Pokémons and it worked fine. I recorded a quick video as well: https://www.loom.com/share/2ef48774d53746da940fa1d1a7d2d5c9

Last edited:

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years
    Yep, for sure, my opponents is like this:

[ELDER,Li]
    Pokemon = BELLSPROUT,12
    Moves = VINEWHIP,ACIP,STUNSPORE
    TrainerAce = yes
    DynamaxLvl = 5
    Gigantamax = yes
    Pokemon = HOOTHOOT,12
    Pokemon = BELLSPROUT,12
    Moves = VINEWHIP,ACIP,POISONPOWDER
    Pokemon = BELLSPROUT,12
    Moves = VINEWHIP,ACIP,SLEEPPOWDER

The error just happens when Bellsprout dynamaxes - I tried before on Hoothoot and other Pokémons and it worked fine. I recorded a quick video as well: https://www.loom.com/share/2ef48774d53746da940fa1d1a7d2d5c9

The problem, which I think is you set gigantamax to yes, though bellsprout don't have a gigantamax form. Try changing it to gigantamax=no. I ain't sure about this but this is what I found weird.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    The problem, which I think is you set gigantamax to yes, though bellsprout don't have a gigantamax form. Try changing it to gigantamax=no. I ain't sure about this but this is what I found weird.

No if gigantamax = yes then it will gmax/dmax

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    It's mentioning on the plugin documentation that, in this case, this will just be ignored. I tried with "no" and without this line and got the same error.

Back