• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    I have the gen 8 project downloaded, do I just need to copy over the contents of the gen 8 folder into my PBS folder?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    Well now I just feel stupid cause I followed the instructions to download the gen 8 project and now I cant even use Z-moves, have i just messed it all up?
    Would it just be easier to delete everything and redownload pokemon essentials,the gen 8 project, and ZUD?

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well now I just feel stupid cause I followed the instructions to download the gen 8 project and now I cant even use Z-moves, have i just messed it all up?
    Would it just be easier to delete everything and redownload pokemon essentials,the gen 8 project, and ZUD?

You have to replace your Scripts.rdata file with the one from the Gen 8 project, and then start the whole installation process again ^^"

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    You have to replace your Scripts.rdata file with the one from the Gen 8 project, and then start the whole installation process again ^^"

So I replaced the script file in the data folder with the one from the gen 8 project but when I open the script in rpg editor, it still says pokemon essentials v18.1? What am I doing wrong?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So I replaced the script file in the data folder with the one from the gen 8 project but when I open the script in rpg editor, it still says pokemon essentials v18.1? What am I doing wrong?

This is normal. The Gen 8 project is v18.1.something, and it's an unofficial release, so the poster didn't replace the mentions to v18.1 with v18.1.dev.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hey man i actually want to make something like a wild area (like in sword shield for my game) but if i want it to only able dynamax in dens and not on the field where can i set that up ? Thanks

Years
    • Online now
    Hey man i actually want to make something like a wild area (like in sword shield for my game) but if i want it to only able dynamax in dens and not on the field where can i set that up ? Thanks

Just use the NO_DYNAMAX switch and have it turned on when you enter the map and only turn off when entering raids.

Also note that Dynamax is already disabled versus wild Pokemon (unless you specifically turned that feature on), so unless your wild area has Trainers, you dont need to do anything special.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    So, everything's working perfectly but, neither the Gmax factor nor the dynamax level is shown on the pokemon's summary screen. Here are lines 315-344 of my PScreen_Summary script, as I assume thats where the problem is.

imagepos.push([sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/shiny"),2,134])
    #===========================================================================
    # Dynamax - Displays Dynamax Levels and G-Max Factor. (ZUD)
    pbDisplayGMaxFactor if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
    pbDisplayDynamaxMeter if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
    end
    # Draw all images
    pbDrawImagePositions(overlay,imagepos)
    # Write various bits of text
    pagename = [_INTL("INFO"),
    _INTL("TRAINER MEMO"),
    _INTL("SKILLS"),
    _INTL("MOVES"),
    _INTL("RIBBONS")][page-1]
    textpos = [
    [pagename,26,16,0,base,shadow],
    [@pokemon.name,46,62,0,base,shadow],
    [@pokemon.level.to_s,46,92,0,Color.new(64,64,64),Color.new(176,176,176)],
    [_INTL("Item"),66,318,0,base,shadow]
    ]
    # Dynamax - For Dynamax Level display. (ZUD)
    if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
    textpos[3][0]="" if @page==3 && @pokemon.dynamaxAble?
    end
    # Write the held item's name

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So, everything's working perfectly but, neither the Gmax factor nor the dynamax level is shown on the pokemon's summary screen. Here are lines 315-344 of my PScreen_Summary script, as I assume thats where the problem is.

imagepos.push([sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/shiny"),2,134])
    # Dynamax - Displays Dynamax Levels and G-Max Factor. (ZUD)
    pbDisplayGMaxFactor if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
    pbDisplayDynamaxMeter if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
    end
    # Draw all images
    pbDrawImagePositions(overlay,imagepos)
    # Write various bits of text
    pagename = [_INTL("INFO"),
    _INTL("TRAINER MEMO"),
    _INTL("SKILLS"),
    _INTL("MOVES"),
    _INTL("RIBBONS")][page-1]
    textpos = [
    [pagename,26,16,0,base,shadow],
    [@pokemon.name,46,62,0,base,shadow],
    [@pokemon.level.to_s,46,92,0,Color.new(64,64,64),Color.new(176,176,176)],
    [_INTL("Item"),66,318,0,base,shadow]
    ]
    # Dynamax - For Dynamax Level display. (ZUD)
    if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
    textpos[3][0]="" if @page==3 && @pokemon.dynamaxAble?
    end
    # Write the held item's name

The dynamax level should appear on page 2 only, and the gmax factor is shown everywhere only if the Pokémon has a Gmax form (for example, it will show on Alcremie's pages, but not on Kabutops' pages, because Kabutops doesn't have a Gigantamax form) and has the Gmax factor (which is not automatic)
    Can you post a screenshot of what you see? Which Pokémon should have the gmax factor?

Years
    • Online now

Its not appearing because you pasted the images for gmax factor/dynamax levels INSIDE the code for Shinyness, rather than after it, as stated in the instructions. So obviously, now those images will only appear if the Pokemon is shiny lol.

We really need to rephrase this step in the instructions, a lot of people seem to get tripped up on this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    The dynamax level should appear on page 2 only, and the gmax factor is shown everywhere only if the Pokémon has a Gmax form (for example, it will show on Alcremie's pages, but not on Kabutops' pages, because Kabutops doesn't have a Gigantamax form) and has the Gmax factor (which is not automatic)
    Can you post a screenshot of what you see? Which Pokémon should have the gmax factor?

It's okay, I got it working thanks to Lucidious89

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Its not appearing because you pasted the images for gmax factor/dynamax levels INSIDE the code for Shinyness, rather than after it, as stated in the instructions. So obviously, now those images will only appear if the Pokemon is shiny lol.

We really need to rephrase this step in the instructions, a lot of people seem to get tripped up on this.

Fixed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    So, I don't know if you guys know this, and I don't think that there should be any problem, but I was wondering if the Following Pokemon EX will at all conflict with ZUD
    (broken link removed)

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So, I don't know if you guys know this, and I don't think that there should be any problem, but I was wondering if the Following Pokemon EX will at all conflict with ZUD
    (broken link removed)

I rapidly checked and as far as I can tell, there should be no conflict.
    A good rule of thumb, is that ZUD will likely conflict with any script that reworks something battle-related (except Mid-Battle Dialogue and Essentials Modular Battles, because we wrote ZUD with them in mind).

Back