• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zygarde is really pretty but...

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    ... how does it actually get around? I can only imagine it shuffling along at a snails pace and that thing on its back can't be much help. Yet another parade-float legendary imo, though not as bad as the hideous statues reshiram, zekrom, kyurem and palkia. Or the regis. oh dear god the regis...

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I actually really appreciated the design of the Regis. They were meant to be golems, which I think they did just fine with. Not every Pokemon has to be graceful and mobile - some are clunky and stumpy, and that's just fine. I haven't seen Zygarde yet, so I can't really comment, but I didn't mind Reshiram etc. I thought Zekrom in particular looked pretty badass.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I agree that the designs of the Legendaries so far have been pretty decent. I'm a real lover of these Legendary Pokémons, even if at first I'm not so...attracted to them, eventually I start to like them anyway, somehow.

As for Zygarde, I assumed he'd just crawl a bit like a snake, so it's not necessarily so slow, a bit like the picture in the spoiler~
    Spoiler:

I can understand why you'd think it moves a little slow like a snail, since its body looked rather flat on the "tail" part, but artworks show that it can move a little more than how it's seen in the game :

Spoiler:

Looks kind of snake-ish in a way to me.

Pinta77

See the picture from deviant art makes it look pretty cool. But the official picture makes it look really lame. I hope it looks cool ingame.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My guess for Zygarde specifically would be that it's like a snake, yeah. Like Arbok or Seviper or Serperior. Why did I now get an urge to form a snake-team?

Regarding some other pokemon though, I've become puzzled sometimes. I really wondered how Escavalier got around, until I saw in the anime that it was actually flying. How is it flying? Magnemite and its evos, and probably Klink and Geodude and Beldum etc too, they fly thanks to magnetic powers. But Escavalier? If I recall correctly it is steel type, but it's also a bug and contrary to Beldum (psychic stuff) or Geodude (minerals, ore, something) or Magnemite (electromagnetism, baby) bugs only fly with wings and steel armor like I think Escavalier reminds us of usually only fly if they are possessed by ghosts, right?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • See the picture from deviant art makes it look pretty cool. But the official picture makes it look really lame. I hope it looks cool ingame.
    There is no official artwork for Zygarde. The art you saw was made by a DeviantArt user who draws Pokemon using Sugimori's style (so it looks official).

---

Since it lives underground, I assume Zygarde gets around very swiftly when burrowing. I'm sure it can slither pretty fast, too. It's base speed is 95, only 4 points lower than Xerneas and Yveltal.

I'm also pretty certain Zygarde will be getting a mega evolution. Its BST is only 600, while its counterpart's (Xerneas and Yveltal) have 680 BSTs.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • There is no official artwork for Zygarde. The art you saw was made by a DeviantArt user who draws Pokemon using Sugimori's style (so it looks official).

---

Since it lives underground, I assume Zygarde gets around very swiftly when burrowing. I'm sure it can slither pretty fast, too. It's base speed is 95, only 4 points lower than Xerneas and Yveltal.

I'm also pretty certain Zygarde will be getting a mega evolution. Its BST is only 600, while its counterpart's (Xerneas and Yveltal) have 680 BSTs.

Yeah, no official artwork indeed.
    Everyone seems to believe that it moves like a snake from most of the Fanarts I've seen so far.

Spoiler:

And even if the "tail" is flat compared to a snake (as seen in-game), I think it could still crawl at nice speed easily, afterall, it's probably just using all of it's body to move around, even the "neck" part just like snakes, only raising it's head when looking around and so on.
    I used to not like Zygarde very much, now after fetching pictures of it for this thread I'm starting to like it aqkdsld;qsd

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Yes, Zygarde is a snake so it most likely moves like one.

As you probably know, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are based upon the distinct creatures that inhabit Yggdrasil, the world tree of Norse Mythology. Zygarde in particular is based on the Nidhoggr, the serpent that inhabits the depths of Yggdrasil and gnaws its roots. Since it's a serpent inhabits the underground, that pretty much explains Zygarde's Dragon/Ground typing.

Years
  • Quite a few serpentine creatures can move at a decent speed (upwards of 20 km/h), so I don't think it would have much trouble getting around, and might actually be quite quick if it's a legendary Pokemon. And if it is part Ground type as well, it probably moves just as quickly underground too, which might be more frightening than having that speed on the surface.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't like the look of Zygarde, it looks like an ugly plant. I think that the other two pokemon, Yveltal and Xerneas, look a lot nicer. I also liked the look of Kyurem. According to bulbapedia:

Zygarde has a serpent-like body with a green and black pattern on it. There are black frills on the back of its head like a frilled lizard. Its eyes comprise four green hexagons like the compound eyes of of an insect. More green hexagons are on the front and back of its frills. These hexagons glow in certain patterns like a computer processing information. Its tail is flat and is black on top and green on the bottom. Its tail ends with five separate green tendrils.

It slithers around I guess. Hm, a legendary snake.

Essentia

error
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2015
    Overall it's design isn't very compelling in my eyes. But yes, I agree it does have a somewhat serpentine form. It's speed stat is reasonable, and as someone already mentioned, can learn Extreme Speed, so I'd assume it can move quite fast.

Though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this Pokémon did get a new form in an upcoming game or DLC. It may even look more aerodynamic?

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I hate to burst you bubble OP, but I think Zygarde is ugly... the only snakelike Pokémon I really liked was Serperior... but I imagine it getting around like an inchworm... let's wait and see how it gets around in the Anime... but I think like Inchworm... and why are you downing Reshiram??? it's beautiful imo

Last edited:

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    I like it, but I first thought it was some sort of "Internet" or "Hacking" or "Digital".
    But its Catalogued as The Order Pokemon. That said, I cant wait till it shows up in the anime or a movie.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I never really thought about it but, both Reshiram and Zekrom look like they would walk very slowly, but then again they also look like they mostly use their wings for movement.

I've seen Kyurem in the movie so I know he walks slow. I do forget if he can fly without transforming...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ... how does it actually get around? I can only imagine it shuffling along at a snails pace and that thing on its back can't be much help. Yet another parade-float legendary imo, though not as bad as the hideous statues reshiram, zekrom, kyurem and palkia. Or the regis. oh dear god the regis...
    In the regis defense they were based off golems, statues that can be animated...so it's justified that they look like, well statues.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I don't know how Zygarde is pretty o_o Green and black aren't exactly the best for being pretty xD But everyone has different taste I guess. And it moves like a slithering snake~

Back