• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zygarde's Role in U-SM?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Pokemon Sun and Moon had the Gen VI legend, Zygarde. While Dexio and Sina theorized that it might be in Alola to prevent a disaster, there wasn't really any role that it played in the story.
    Do you think that this might be changed in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? What would you like to see done with Zygarde?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I would like to see it battle at least one of the Ultra Beasts. That might have been what they wanted to do to start with but for one reason or another cut it from the final game.

Sirfetch’d

I think it's time to lay Zygarde to rest. As much as I love Zygarde and as much fun as it was collecting cores, I don't really see much of a reason or need to have it play a significant role in these games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think the role it had in Sun & Moon will be the final role it gets. I can't see them redoing the whole Zygarde cores over again, it would just feel repetitive imo. Sina and Dexio may pop up and tell us some background, but I really wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear much on the whole Zygarde plot.

Years
    I'm with Joe, since I was thinking the exact same thing as him. I just can't see the Zygarde Cube plot being rehashed in this game, so leave Zygarde in S/M so that we can focus on the real plot.

Sirfetch’d

I do think Zygarde will be obtainable in these games though. Maybe as a gift or just sitting in a cave because I doubt Zygarde-Complete would just be brushed aside, but yeah.

Years
    I do think Zygarde will be obtainable in these games though. Maybe as a gift or just sitting in a cave because I doubt Zygarde-Complete would just be brushed aside, but yeah.

Hoping that it'll be in the cave where we battled Guzzlord. The final part reminded me of Zygarde's cave in Kalos to begin with.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I think this is a pretty nice opportunity for them to actually do something with it. We'll see if they going to take it or not.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I would like to see the region-wrecking incident that will force Zygarde to show up. Maybe a showdown of Zygard + Tapus vs Ultra Beasts?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    In my opinion, it's probably going to have as big of a role in the plot as it did in SM: none at all.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I can see them bringing back the Cell hunt for this game, but that's about it.

And if they do bring it back, then I hope they make it so we can see the cells we've already gotten on the in-game map. The hunt was a pain because we didn't have such.
    >~<

Years
    I can see them bringing back the Cell hunt for this game, but that's about it.

And if they do bring it back, then I hope they make it so we can see the cells we've already gotten on the in-game map. The hunt was a pain because we didn't have such.
    >~<

That would be the improvement we all need. In S/M you couldn't even see how many cells were collected, making it so hard to track them down.

Years
    That would be the improvement we all need. In S/M you couldn't even see how many cells were collected, making it so hard to track them down.
    You could actually. You just had to check on the cube in the bag irc (been sometime since I played SM, but I remember seeing how many I had).

Years
    You could actually. You just had to check on the cube in the bag irc (been sometime since I played SM, but I remember seeing how many I had).

It was still hard keeping track of what cells you collected though. I heard how often people had to check through every area just to see if they collected the cell or not.

Reactions: Nah

pkmin3033

I thought Zygarde was something of an easter egg in SM, like Ash-Greninja - nods to significant anime-only plot devices that they didn't really want to acknowledge properly in the games with their own significant story but didn't feel like they could ignore. I get the sense that Game Freak have closed the book on Kalos completely now, and I'd actually be moderately surprised if Zygarde even made an appearance at all. Cell collection was poorly designed at best and frustrating at worst, and there isn't really any need to include it in USUM when it's already in SM. Best forgotten, I think.

Back