• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #13: Wonderputt - Mini Golf > Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• Year of Gaming - Week #13: Wonderputt - Mini Golf > Football

Wonderputt
    - Week #13 -
    Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

"Adventure golf… but with cows, toads, ski slopes, torpedos and a sprinkle of alien abduction for good measure."
    Rules

➊. You can access the game via the link provided here.
    https://eplusgames.net/games/wonderputt/play

➋. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. This is how you enter into this challenge. To access your score after 18 holes, click "score" and your score will be the sum of your holes and time. Take a screenshot of that

➌. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

➍. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be September 13th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

Standings
    1. Brendino - 88,781
    2. USC Yuuka - 84,761
    3. O'aka XXIII - 81,777
    4. Klippy - 81,751
    5. The Dark Avenger - 81,609
    6. Omicron - 80,727
    7. Oryx - 78,727
    8. Guidlmaster Wigglytuff - 77,678

Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

Takes some getting used to. I'll have to try it again now that I know a few of the course tricks.

Takes some getting used to. I'll have to try it again now that I know a few of the course tricks.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • One other thing I forgot; after you play the first round, you unlock something called Wonder. Don't exactly know what that means - I played through the game once - so try not to use it it if you can (otherwise I'll just subtract the points from the total but meh, that's effort Id like to not expend if it's avoidable.)

Years
  • ^Actually, that score is 81,698. The score from the time is subtracted from the total.

New score - 77,678

That Stonehenge course is too hard.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I haaaate the timing levels.

Spoiler:

e: Guildmaster elhero said that the score is the stroke plus the time. Not the score minus the time. Although that might make more sense...

Years
  • e: Guildmaster elhero said that the score is the stroke plus the time. Not the score minus the time. Although that might make more sense...

Hm. Well theoretically you could leave the game sitting there doing nothing for a long time while your time "score" goes up. The longer you take, the higher the time score is, so I thought that it should be subtracted from the total.
    There's even a minus sign next to where it says "Time". :/ But whatever el says, I guess.

Anyway, I'll try for a higher score soon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hm. Well theoretically you could leave the game sitting there doing nothing for a long time while your time "score" goes up. The longer you take, the higher the time score is, so I thought that it should be subtracted from the total.
    There's even a minus sign next to where it says "Time". :/ But whatever el says, I guess.

Anyway, I'll try for a higher score soon.

He could mean sum as in including the minus sign. I'm sure he'll clarify when he sees the confusion!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • (Since the argument seems to stem from my score) I'm okay with subtracting the time! So my actual new score would be 81,698! I think it makes more sense to subtract the score, but this is Matt's event, so he is the final judge. :) Just don't want anyone arguing over it if it started in regards to my score.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • No, you guys are right. I was trying to wrap my head around how to properly get the scores correct. To clarify - because I did make the mistake - it will be the stroke score minus the time. I'm away from a computer at the moment but I'll update all the scores accordingly when I do get the chance.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

81,751. I don't think I can play this again. It takes so long and screwing up once is just devastating to your score. :( Hopefully this score gets me through to the end of the week.

Years
  • Finished up with a score of 81,759 (sorry Klippy). I know I can probably do better as I made a few stupid mistakes, but I'll take it for right now.

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This game has been upsetting me all week and now I finally got a score worthy of posting. Hallelujah.

Years
  • I hate that one or two bad holes can completely screw up your round. Haven't been able to top this score (88,781) in my last 3 or 4 tries, so I guess I'll end with this.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Time is up! Congratulations to Brendino, USC Yuuka, and O'aka XXIII for winning this week's challenge! Next one will be up shortly, so be on the lookout for it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back