• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you post for the post number or just for posting?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I post when I have something that I think is worth saying.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • I post because I feel like posting. Some of the time, my posts aren't deep, but that's simply because I'm engaging in friendly conversation, or answering a poll. Postcount's a fun statistic to keep track of, particularly when it reaches numbers like "666", and even sometimes in competition, but at the end of the day, I don't really care too much about it. :/

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • A bit of both. I don't Spam and I generally speak my mind. But it is fun to watch those numbers rise.

EDIT:Reached 555 just now! Aiming for 666. XD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • As much as I think it's cool to watch my postcount number rise everyday, I don't post for it at all. As I've said in other posts, I post to share my experiences or express my opinions. Sometimes I post just because I'm bored, but I almost always post to tell a story. And meh, so my posts per day are below two, but I don't care. I'm not the twelve year old on the old forum I went to who posted ten times a day because I thought it'd make me look cool. :/

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • If I wanted meaningless stuff to lord over other people, I'd play World of Warcraft. I don't, and I don't post to increase my post-count.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • AS much as I love to see my postcount rise, I usually only post when I've got something to say in a topic. I do try to keep my ppd high, just for the fun of it though. :P

Years
  • I want to post to say that I only post when I have something to say, but just saying that doesn't really feeling saying something and would make me a hypocrite. Such a quandary. I know! I'll try using humor to distract from the hypocrisy. Oh, it's not very effective.

I just post when I have something to say.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    For the postcount of course, I don't trust those other penis enlargement methods.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I like having a high post count to intimidate the newer users.

But I usually just post when I want to.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Well right now my post count is pretty low and I know that gives the automatic impression of "noob" to me so I'm trying to post to get that off my back. But once it's up there, I'll be posting just for the fun of it. :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I post when I actually have something I deem worthy to add to the thread. I don't feel like posting if I don't have much to say on the topic, so I read through a thread and think about how I could respond. Short answers in my mind get a pass.

In my newer days online, I used to post all the time because I was one of those that believed that a high post count meant something. Fortunately, I'll say, my mindset changed, and as a result my posting activity changed. While it doesn't look good to not be visibly active through my posts, I want to show that I strive to be a contributing member to this forum.

So I will say that I used to post for the sake of posting, and I used to post just for the number. Now I post to say something to the discussion, if that makes sense to anyone.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I post for 2 reasons-
    I talk to much
    I think what i say can be used for good use (which half the time noone cares),
    but as much as noone says it, most people post for the count, ot to be more well known in the community

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    If I wanted meaningless stuff to lord over other people, I'd play World of Warcraft. I don't, and I don't post to increase my post-count.

Yeah, that's what I would have said.
    I only post when I feel like posting. I couldn't care less about the post count...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't really post for postcount. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting so much in threads like "The One Above", "Caption the Avatar Above You", or "TCTI" :P

I dont believe those even count towards ur post count.

I usually post when I want to get my opinion in but If Im bored I do often just go to every interesting thread and post something.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • The higher the post number, the active you are counting on the join date.

I usually post to share my intelligence, that's all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back