• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!"

Years
  • (quote courtesy of Azula)

So yeah,

For those with siblings, do you ever wish you were an only child? Do you wish you had more siblings, or are you happy as is?

For those without siblings, do you ever wish you did have some? Or are you glad to be an only child?

Discuss!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wouldn't wish to be an only sibling, I would be quite lonely without my sisters. I would like to have at least another siblings, a brother if I could.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No. My sister and I don't get along and we're not talking at the moment and we've fought our entire lives but I wouldn't be who I was if it wasn't for her influence.

I did wish I had an older brother though! But not much my mom could do about that after the fact, lol.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I dunno, though it would be nice to have an older brother but I'm sure he would hate me as well. :P I just wish that instead of six years it was more like two, or maybe one so I could get to know him better.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have two sisters. I kinda wish I had an older or a younger brother so I can talk about Pokemon and video gaming and football and stuff guys like, but I have to deal with Disney Channel and reality TV shows that don't make sense...and makeup too. Both of my sisters are girly, while I prefer being... normal. xD

At times I wish I was an only child, but I'd become anti-social myself. haha. I mean, who will I pick on when I'm bored? Who will I get to hang out with when I don't have friends? Who will I get to communicate? Siblings are forever best friends, so for me, I'm spending every waking moment with them.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I don't mind having siblings. Without my brothers, I would be pretty bored. I've noticed that when my brothers are gone, my house is boring with just me and my dad. Though if I could get rid of one brother , it would be my older one. Our relationship is decent and we don't get along well. He's always coming up with stupid ways to be a douchebag and we always get in fights. Still, I do love him a lot, even if we have our quarrels.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have 4 sisters. Sometimes I wish I was an only child because having to deal with being the only guy apart from my dad could be frustrating. But I still love them anyway.

Years
  • I have a younger brother who's 6 years younger than me... and we don't get along well.

He annoys the crap out of me, not to mention he bashes me so hard.

Yeah, it does annoy me but at least he's a gamer like I used to be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I have an older brother and an older sister. I hate my sister because she can be a total ***** sometimes(and she's my parents' favourite so she never gets in trouble for anything). I hate my brother because he's a temper-mental hypocrite who attacks people for "lying" even though they're telling the truth and he just can't remember anything right.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • I defs would not give up my younger brother. He cooks me food, drives me to parties and generally is an asset to my disorganised, excessive lifestyle. Pretty sure if I were an only child, I'd have starved to death by now, since our parents are many hours away.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I used to wish I was an only child occasionally when I was younger, but I do really like my siblings. My brother is two years younger than me and we've been through everything together. Like seriously the most time we've ever spent apart is three weeks. We can and do talk about everything and it's great. We fight but you know, who doesn't?

My other four siblings- stepsiblings- I've really only had for the last seven years but they're great as well. I mean I hate them sometimes but they're fine for the most part. And they're young so I can influence them quite a lot. They know most everything about Pokémon because I have trained them well and they are in the early stages of Doctor Who obsession. And they listen to me ramble on and pay attention to whatever I end up going on about. :3

So yeah uh people that I don't have to extend effort to be friends with and who I can go bother whenever I get bored? Excellent. Love it. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Ayselipera

Sometimes I wish I was down a sibling lol. My brother is tolerable, but my sister is just plan annoying in everyway possible. She lives on her own now pretty far away so it's like she doesnt even exist anyways yayaya.

Years
  • Sometimes I wished I had a younger sister instead of or in addition to my brother who I never really got along with and still don't really get along with, but then I figured there's no guarantee we'd get along any better so maybe it would be better if I'd been an only child.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I'm an only child, actually, and I used to desperately wish I had siblings when I was a little kid. The older I got the less I wanted them though.

I'm sure having siblings would be, well...an experience, but I just can't imagine putting up with them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I always wanted a younger brother or sister when I was little and I got my wish. :P When I was just hitting my teen years and he was still a kid, I found him pretty annoying (there's a 5 year age difference) but now? We're really, really close friends. We get along really well and we have similar interests. I can't imagine not having him around and when we aren't living together, I actually miss him a lot. Yeah, he still does a lot of things that bother me but I imagine I do things that bother him right back. I'd never want to be an only child. It sounds lonely.

Years
  • Nah. I'm cool with my siblings. We all get along. Life would probably be very boring without them, even now, when I live so far away from them.

Even when all of us were living under the same roof (there were 5 other kids plus me back then) I wouldn't have wanted to be an only sibling. Having a bunch of people was pretty fun! But I also had my own room back then... :p Although the other time I was living with a bunch of them and didn't have my own room, I still wouldn't have wished them away or anything. I would've rather left. And I did.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I have no siblings and I've always wished I had a brother or sister. My parents are very busy with their working lives so I'm home alone a lot. While that hasn't influenced my personality negatively (like being indoors too much and not getting fresh air - I tend to go out a fair bit), I would enjoy the company of another member of family whenever my parents are out or when I'm generally feeling lonely. Also, as they would be closer to my age, it would be easier to talk to them about certain topics.

It's not too bad however as I've lived all of my life as an only child so I'm used to it. In a sense, you can't really miss what you've never had eh?

Back