• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you judgmental?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Of course. To the extent that would ensure my personal wellbeing; little more than things like not walking through a crowd of apparent thugs. I understand that a first impression is likely the only one I will be reasonably able to call upon most people, so I find prejudice valuable for what it's worth to that end.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I judge, but it's not the core of what I think of them.

For example, I saw a transgender guy during lunch. My first thought was "omg wtf would you do that", but then I convinced myself to think otherwise, because he was a sweet and loving person as far as I was concerned.

But if he were to come over and act all -sassy- for no reason, that first impression would stick, and right now he would be The Transgender Guy rather than what it really is, That Guy.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I like to believe that everyone is judgmental in their own way. Some might deny it, but think about it. Have you ever asked someone what their favorite food or drink is, and after they respond, you say 'ew' or something to that effect? Even something as subtle as that is being judgmental, as you're showing your disfavor to their opinion.

I do things like this pretty often, though I don't go as far as judging someone's appearance, personality, or political/religious/ethical beliefs, as everyone is different in their own respect and I can't change that, so forcing my opinion on them does more harm than good, if anything at all. I try to be as subtle as possible but it's going to happen so I don't try to stop it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I try not to be, but obviously as with anyone it happens. My best defense against it in myself is to recognize it for what it is, and then make sure my actions towards them don't reflect that judgment.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think the word judgmental has a negative connotation. Whenever someone thinks of the word judgmental, they immediately think of negative judgements people would perhaps make about someone or something, but even passing a judgement of positivity is being judgmental.

I am judgmental, but I try to be as objective in regards to negative judgments I make about someone or something as I can be and I do my best to not allow my judgments to set in me and sort of ~reset~ at the end of the day.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not very judgemental towards other people because I don't want to get the wrong impression when I first meet a person.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm not... really? Well, I don't do snap judgements much at all. Never have. When I judge people it tends to be consciously and after some observation. And that's judging of all types- if they seem nice, if they're dressed well, what they might be up to. I like to think about and observe people more objectively than anything so... that's what I do.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yeah, I am. As much as I try not to be, I am. But the thing is, I'm judgmental in a very different way, I think, than most people. I don't judge people for the things everybody else judges them for. So in that aspect I get to legitimately say in most conversations that I'm not judgmental, because I don't judge people for smoking or collecting government benefits or being addicted to drugs or being attracted to children (providing they don't act on it, of course).

What I judge people for are things society says I shouldn't judge them for - for instance, I judge gym junkies because they're obnoxious and I judge people for having children. I actually judge people for deciding not to have abortions. And above all, I judge people for judging people based on the things that I don't judge people for.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I am very judgmental towards certain groups of this world, but they are asking for it in my opinion. I should stop judging them I guess..

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    I would love to say no, but I judge a bunch of people for various reasons. To a low - medium extent, I guess.

Years
  • Yeah, I am. It helps cut down on time at work since I have to engage with the public a lot. I don't stick to my initial judgements though, since I'll either engage with a person and refine my view of them, or I'll not see them ever again and forget all about it.

I also can't help but have a reaction like "Oh wow, you listen to that music? You have bad taste." But it's just a reaction and it'll change if I learn more about someone. The worst my judgements do is make me not engage with someone. I'm not out to attack people because of some perception I have of them.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah I am. I don't want to be but it is so hard not to be sometimes.

Years
  • Very much so. I tend to judge people more before really getting to know them, but I am not often wrong with my original judgement.​

Years
  • Not very much, I don't think. I'm generally apathetic about how people live their lives as long as they're not breaking the law. Of course I do at times, though. Can't help it sometimes. :p

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I judge people all the time. I can normally tell straight off if someone interests me or not and I am rarely wrong. Sometimes I am wrong and end up meeting someone not liking them at first but they grow on me. But that's rare.

Back