• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] E3 Day Three: Nintendo!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    w8G7ZC0.png

Today's a big day for us here as Pokémon fans - the conference will be all about Nintendo, and I hope you can join us for the discussion!

ANIMAL CROSSING?

One of the most anticipated titles confirmed for the Switch in 2019 is definitely Animal Crossing! It's been years since we've seen a new main title, and I for one cannot wait for more info on this (and I know many others here are too)!

There was notably no official mention of it at all leading up to the conference, which had many wondering if Animal Crossing will make an appearance at all this time around, but it's possible they are just teasing us, knowing how highly anticipated this title will be.

POKÉMON

With the Pokémon Direct just a few days ago, they may choose to put the focus elsewhere today, but here's hoping they will give us a little more info on Sword and Shield this conference too!

Aside from these two big titles, there's still a ton we can expect, such as some Smash Ultimate news, more info on the mysterious Astral Chain, another quite highly anticipated game in the form of Luigi's Mansion 3, and while unlikely I'm personally quite interested in hearing more about the game simply dubbed Town last year.

That's just a few of the possibilities Nintendo might get to today, but the Treehouse is coming up as well! But for now, tune in to the E3 conference live if you can, and come back to share your thoughts!

Watch now!

Last edited:
    Years
  • OH MY GOD THE LINK'S AWAKENING, ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS, AND BOTW 2 TRAILERs....

edit:
    now that ive had a chance to let my excitement subside OH my god I'm excited that the Link's Awakening remake is coming out so SOON!

Last edited:
    Years
  • As a JRPG player, I am super excited and there's a TON I'm looking forward to!!

I don't even know where to start, but that's actually a good thing because I'd have to go back and re-watch this Direct to see which games I'd 100% be interested in, but there's just soooooo many aaaaa. @__@ LM3 I'm definitely getting, also excited for new Smash DLC so there's that (Banjo-Kazooie is my childhood and so is DQ8 Hero). Also excited for Astral Chain as well and seeing what that's like.

This has been a great direct, honestly.

Years
  • Lots of cool stuff. The stuff they showed off on the new Animal Crossing game makes it look like they put the fun of crafting in Pocket Camp without the soul-crushing craft times and running 50 million villager requests to get materials. I can't wait to see more. Honestly with as many good games coming out this year I'm really, really glad it's delayed until March so I can afford it. ;___;

Luigi's Mansion 3 looks interesting too. And co-op! I wonder if I can get my boyfriend to play with me...

Biggest disappointment is knowing we can't transfer Pokemon not in the Galar 'dex into SwSh but hopefully they're not so dumb they won't patch them in later.

Years
  • I will say though that I'm a teensy bit sad that Reggie didn't make some sort of guest appearance. I know he's done at Nintendo but it would've been nice to see him for one last E3.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Bummed that Animal Crossing was put on hold, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it! Also wow @ Panzer Dragoon that came as a pleasant surprise.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • nintendo won e3 this year for me. i'm absolutely fine with animal crossing being pushed back to 2020 if it means more time to make the game even better. we've already got some great titles coming out this year including Pokemon that'll keep us busy for months until then.

Years
  • OH MY GOD THE LINK'S AWAKENING, ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS, AND BOTW 2 TRAILERs....

edit:
    now that ive had a chance to let my excitement subside OH my god I'm excited that the Link's Awakening remake is coming out so SOON!

Don't let it ever subside.....

....OH MY GOD THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST E3 SHOWS NINTY HAS DONE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

New Animal Crossing
    BotW2
    Link's Awakening

Boom. Mega easy win for Nintendo this year, was such an amazing send-off for the event to be honest.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    They actually showed SO MUCH stuff, it was a really cool E3 presentation. I wasn't interested in everything, but Link's Awakening certainly caught my eye and I can't wait for that! It was my first Zelda game on GBC and I haven't played it in almost two decades. The art style is so cute, I love it.

Fire Emblem also looked really interesting, definitely on my Maybe list right now.

And, of course, super excited for the BOTW sequel but that won't be out for several more years.

Years
  • I just think that Ninty for me showed the old E3 magic I used to love and adore, but then I believe E3 as a whole this year did that. Nintendo just went that extra mile and I mean, they've got me convinced enough to buy SwSh and anyone that knows me well knows that new Pokémon games are the bane of my existence, so they must be doing something good!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I just think that Ninty for me showed the old E3 magic I used to love and adore, but then I believe E3 as a whole this year did that. Nintendo just went that extra mile and I mean, they've got me convinced enough to buy SwSh and anyone that knows me well knows that new Pokémon games are the bane of my existence, so they must be doing something good!

Wow, Nintendo really DID knock it out of the park this year!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Super excited for Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, and Animal Crossing! A bunch of the other games (like the Trials and Mana and Dragon Quest) are also on my list as series that I've never gotten into but may actually try to do so in the future! SWSH is an obvious one and i'm really glad my Pokeball isn't going to waste away seeing how much I spent for it!

Three Houses is also on my list but I'm still holding off on maybe hearing about it from a few before getting it myself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • my wallet is crying there's just so many games I want

and I have to finish the ones that I haven't finished on top of that. :upsidedown:

Back