• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Commercials you remember

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I remember seeing so many Kidz Bop commercials on tv and remember as far back as Kidz Bop 2. Also fondly remember Now That's What I Call Music <number here>. I wonder if they still make those?

I no longer really watch much tv and only see commercials of Progressive these days when I pass by my mother's room. But, Youtube, I get commercials pretty much every video I watch, but they're all annoying and I ignore them.

Anyway, use this thread to talk about commercials from the past you remember, but not Pokemon.

Years
  • An iconic local one I remember is for a biscuit called 'Fita'. Really old one, but it's a classic lmao.

An old lady sits next to a guy eating it, and since it's his last piece, he breaks it in half and gives one part to the lady. She then transforms into a fairy, granting him one wish due to his kindness, and he says he wants a red sport car. Then, half a sports car drops from the sky, much to his dismay. Video below~

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I've forgotten a lot of commercials but recently found some reaction content on Youtube dealing with exactly those ads I used to see on TV during the 90s and early 00s. Mostly just a bunch of chocolate bar or Barbie toy ads. It even made me remember some of the stuff we used to own when we were kids. xD

It also made me realize how little they have changed since then. It's basically still the same but with some smartphones and app store symbols sprinkled in.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    spoiled because toilet stuff but really it's all very clean lmao

Spoiler:

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • The Old Spice ads were really good. The ones with Isaiah Mustafa in them not the Terry Crews ones, although the Terry Crews ones are quite good too. My ex and his friends found them hilarious so I've seen them a lot. Here's one that aired in Australia!

I have swum butterfly style through gorilla shark infested waters!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Seconds those Kidz Bop commercials. Incremented the number regularly.

Remembers the Head On commercial. Repeated the same phrase over and over: "Head On. Apply directly to the forehead." Parodied it during a school announcement fundraiser.

Does not know whether this counts, but a Jabberjaw music video. Played it during commercials, at the very least. Found it catchy. Never cared for the show itself (or the others referenced in it).

Recollects one Geico (car insurance) commercial well. Shows a squirrel causing a car accident. Ends with two squirrels celebrating.

Back